Who DOESN'T Sell Protectors?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The principal health and environmental concerns with fluorochemical carpet protectors has been build-up of PFOS and PFOA in animals or humans.

The government recently mandated an end to using fluorochemicals that could accumulate in the body by 2015. So, some manufacturers including Bridgepoint are already changing to short chain molecules also known as C-4 or C-6.

For a more detailed discussion on the changes in fluorochemicals and their safety, you may want to check out the white paper posted on http://www.Cleanwiki.com recently. (Short Chains, Long Chains, Don't let them pull your chain.)

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Jim Martin said:
I think it's crap!!! The reason you might think it works better for people that take care of their carpet is because they are maintaining what the manufacturer put on it(not wearing shoes in the house,vacing, ect. ect.). There is no way that a little sprits of protector is going to help in any way, if you really protected their investment it would be wet for days(and if a solvent might leave their dog dead).

Come on you guys really think your protecting the whole fiber??? Think about it...

hands_clapping_lg_wht.gif

Standing ovation here as well.

take care,
Lisa

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Completeseal still claims that there product is Not a silicone.

Yeah, the company reps keep telling me I don't know what I'm talking about. The product is approved by the airplane manufacturers - as an anti-stat. Silicones make a great anti-stat, which is what a plane maker is more concerned about than stain protection. This link is to the Complete Seal compliance report, on their website: http://completeseal.com/images/VOC_Compliance_Report.PDF Maybe I'm misreading this, but that appears to show VOCs that are silicones. Read it before they remove it.

Ofer,
I have family members in the climate change and land preservation areas of the green business; they formerly worked as scientists for ITT and NOAA. The corruption of information to make money on fear angers them. They know that very few people will go farther than "what they heard" or "what they saw in the paper" even though the majority of stories are professionally "placed" to forward an agenda. They have a more difficult time being heard when they have to prove they aren't lying like everyone else.

I don't believe, automatically, either side of a story, but I will throw the BS time-out flag when disinformation based on emotion is being passed along.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
scottw said:
The principal health and environmental concerns with fluorochemical carpet protectors has been build-up of PFOS and PFOA in animals or humans.

The government recently mandated an end to using fluorochemicals that could accumulate in the body by 2015. So, some manufacturers including Bridgepoint are already changing to short chain molecules also known as C-4 or C-6.

Bryan,
Before I get all emotional and pull out the cheeseburger, let's look at the above post.
Sounds great, doesn't it?
They are making a positive change. Hurray!

Only one issue: Evidently up till this mandated change, though everything was approved by 'regulators' to be used in homes, these products did accumulate in the body. And even you, and it pains me to admit it, don't really know its long term effect.

I guess it's time now for the 'junk' science argument to come forth.

If it does, let it's big and well funded brother- "manufactured Science' (or as it's called in the mid west 'boughten science' be mentioned.)

Manufactured science = A scientific conclusion, usually by an 'independent' lab or foundation handsomely paid for by a financially invested party.

Bryan, just like you, "the corruption of information to make money on fear" angers me too.

And I am just as angry when some alarming facts may be ignored to protect a franchise or a financial interest.

You say: "the majority of stories are professionally "placed" to forward an agenda." That, my friend, as you well know goes both ways.

I choose common sense:
We know for a fact that Fluorochemicals accumulate in the body. We don't know with certainty which products are mostly responsible for it and what are the long term effects on humans, animals and the environment.

Smart people, when in doubt, will reduce exposure both for themselves and their clients till they know for sure. It's called playing it safe.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Willy P said:
Brian , you'd suck a pigeon's ass if you thought a dime was in it. :p

Brian R said:
How far up a pigeon's ass are we talkin?

Now, just for that funny response, you got to love Brian.
Through all the abuse he gets on this board, he still keeps his sunny disposition and humor.

I respect that.

You the man Brian.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Thanks Ofer,
It's a sickness. I love this board and all the crazy people on it.

Major source of entertainment and knowledge.

I've already started work on a new song for Mikey'sFest 2012

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom