Mikey P

Administrator
PXL_20230126_184924220.jpg

Reactions: Papa John

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Yes but im 5 hours round trip from my closest supplier and 7 hours round trip from one who stocks anything. Also t regularly work 1.5 to 2.5 hours from home,in 46 years of doing business ive only broke down 3 times that i couldn't fix it with what's on the truck and finish the job the machines i use are simple but powerful and with what i carry on the truck i could damn near rebuild it on the side of the road!

Reactions: Mikey P and Giorgio

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Befote i was a carpet cleaner i worked shipboard engine room in the coast guard nov dec and jan in the bering sea taught me a lesson that will stay with me the rest of my life. And that is , if you don't have what you need when you need it ,you and everyone onboard can and will die!

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
I just get my other truck or my other portable or my other op machine or whatever. Have at least 2 or more of everything.
I also have a spare truck (it has similar spare parts onboard) but if im in sea ranch, thats 3 hours round trip to get it. That's a lot of travel for a blown hose or brass fitting broken belt or bypass regular , i personality would rather fix and finish but that's just me.

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
One of the few times I broke down and couldn't fix it i was in sea ranch . I fried a set of points on an onan engine 3 hour drive and and a 15 minute repair later i was back to finish the job ( and with a spare set of points in my parts box too)

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
One of the few times I broke down and couldn't fix it i was in sea ranch . I fried a set of points on an onan engine 3 hour drive and and a 15 minute repair later i was back to finish the job ( and with a spare set of points in my parts box too)
I ran Onan 20hp CCKB's for close to 30 years.
Always a couple sets of points, condensers and plugs in the parts box.

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Me too after that, however shortly after i went to an onan electronic ignition system that eliminated the points but i still carried everything needed to convert back on the truck just in case

Reactions: Giorgio and KevinD

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Thank you, R U 1 2?
No, we did have a member here for a while though that was.
My daughter is a member of the Coast Guard Reserve and has been her flotilla's communications officer for at least 10 years.
I am also a boater and have a lot of respect for the work the Coast Guard does!

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I’m just naturally organized
My Dad and brother were as well.
Nothing to brag about.
I just remind myself that unorganized people can’t help that they’re idiots.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom