Who got this (area rugs)

Ken692

Name
Kenny
For some reason I get lots of area rugs that need clean, most time they need picked up and cleaned off site. Now I'm trying to get a fair rate, not the cheepest price in the country. But a real get it done rite price. I see anywhere from $3 to $25 a SF. And that adds up quick. This is a lot of work getting to the job site, rolling up and transporting the rugs, some are huge 8x10s and they can get heavy when cleaning. For now I'm thinking $175 - $225 each, at $25 sf that's $2000 am I way off at $200 please chime in

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
Never heard of anyone charging $25/sq ft just for cleaning. $3-5/ sq ft for cleaning seems to be the going rate for most professional rug washing facilities in North America.

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Here

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    476.6 KB · Views: 345

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Never heard of anyone charging $25/sq ft just for cleaning. $3-5/ sq ft for cleaning seems to be the going rate for most professional rug washing facilities in North America.

I second that--- Go with what Jordon said.
We charge $4.16/ sq ft---and may clean them multiple times using as many as 5 different machines/tools to get the job done well.--
I hope you are going to do more then a typical in home cleaning.?.

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Most are very dirty and a good cleaning makes the customer happy. Some have damage and I need to hone that skill

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
You should also call around and price check over the phone what your competitors are charging. May give you a better idea of what your market will pay for this type of service.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I'm not sure where you got the $25 a sq price, but it's not realistic and you should not even be considering it.

2-3 bucks a square is realistic and should make it well worth hacking out most pieces in your garage.

I range my minimum off-site price by adding X amount for the return delivery trip and spread to my general minimum charge, up to X square feet, if it hasn't been pissed or barfed on, and if it is nothing exotic, since rolling up and lugging the rug out is somewhat equivalent, and often easier than dragging in and setting up equipment.

175 may price you out of some smaller, easier pieces.

Factor in the 5 bucks for a plastic rug bag from U-haul or HD to deliver it in for a more professional appearance.

Ken692

Name
Kenny
I was checking for a price and found that superior web site, he has $25 a sf posted not sure why.
But I think $3 to $5 is fair

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 260

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
"Area Rugs (per 100 sq ft or portion) $25"

Their wording could be a little more clear, but this reads as: $25 minimum, or up to 100 sf for $25. Which could equal either $25 psf or .25 psf.

Say that you're charging $2.50 psf. Consider the time involved in transporting and cleaning and see if $200 for an 8x10 seems like a good profit. If not, charge more. At least you won't be taking on the risk of cleaning rugs and losing money at it. The single biggest cost in cleaning area rugs is in risk, as there is nothing that can't be used in rug making, and there seems top be no concern on the rug maker's part in making the rug cleanable. Stay away from anything you aren't sure about until you learn more, then you can charge a higher rate for your expertise.

Reactions: Ken692 and Mikey P

Ken692

Name
Kenny
Good advise just to comment on the plastic bag, I was just wrapping in brown paper to keep them clean.

Ken692

Name
Kenny
"Area Rugs (per 100 sq ft or portion) $25"

Their wording could be a little more clear, but this reads as: $25 minimum, or up to 100 sf for $25. Which could equal either $25 psf or .25 psf.

Say that you're charging $2.50 psf. Consider the time involved in transporting and cleaning and see if $200 for an 8x10 seems like a good profit. If not, charge more. At least you won't be taking on the risk of cleaning rugs and losing money at it. The single biggest cost in cleaning area rugs is in risk, as there is nothing that can't be used in rug making, and there seems top be no concern on the rug maker's part in making the rug cleanable. Stay away from anything you aren't sure about until you learn more, then you can charge a higher rate for your expertise.
.025 sf sounds low and $25 SF sounds high

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom