Who has influenced you?

ron markam

Who has been an influential or inspiration to your business THAT YOU MET ON THESE BOARDS? I would have to say Jimmy,Marty, and Fon. There are many whose posts have been a major help but these three have been a help personally. Fon helped me to maintain a very large vct account and encouraged me in the early stages of said account when I thought I might have bitten off more than I could chew.Jimmy also has been nothing but an encouragement and help(gotta call soon Jimmy I need some more laughs). And Marty well... he is just Marty.Helpful sometimes a clown some other times Lol but all in all who has helped you.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My competition Mike Brummett came to our shop and demoed his Green Glide a few years ago. Glides have made a world of difference in our cleaning. Thanks Mike!

Chad calls me all the time with his suggestions on what he is using & how it works. Thanks Chad

And of course James...who makes my day sometimes by his stories and sometimes by those nice little messages that he cusses at me!:shock:

A lot of others, I take a little from everybody! :wink:

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Adam Hale-
He showed me that a high class company can be built here in Idaho. He also was the first to show me that carpets can be dry when you leave and the customers really dig it.
Joshua K.-
He's on the ICS board. He got me into this industry and showed me the "help all other cleaners" attitude that separates the good cleaner from the bad.

Edit- oops, I forgot Jimmy Ladwig.... for teaching me how to dance in my Stormtrooper costume

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i have only met in person one forum poster. spoken with a bunch on the tele. Rick G has helped me the most. Kevin Kluth 2nd, for selling me my 1st portable...his Bain :) ...and teaching me how to use it along with the basics of CC'ing.

all who actually post help tons to :!:

thanx all contributers and forum admins --- Derek.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
There's been a bunch and a wealth of info I've picked up from the boards.

There's a handful I pay particular attention too and trust, though.
(or always read their posts for the chuckle or smart a$$ factor)

In no particular order;

ah never mind, there's too many to list, and I'll forget someone

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
OK James
I love you.
But not the way Danny loves mens

Your one of the "dual use" guys to me.

I read your posts cause I trust you AND the smart a$$ factor

..L.T.A.

brocksdad

Lee enabled me to upgrade to a truck mount I could afford. I love my electric I think I had mine before brevik had his. I think brevik still had his butler when I built my first trash can cleaner. But honestly with out Lee convincing me to try the three stage set up I have know I would probable still be a p.o.g. to this day just because I have had financial problems that have prevented me from getting a "real truck mount". So I will be eternally thankful for him taking the time to help me out in my growing time and time of need. I was in a weird spot were I had too much work for a portable and didn't;t have enough money to get my credit squared away to get the butler I have dreamed of for so long.

G

There are many people from some of the following-

Chavez..the Mexican who made it big, but knows his shit still stinks and looks at himself as a little guy with a $1-2 million company.

Big G, teaching me how to make commercial customers happy for pennies and putting $$$$ in my pocket with a $2,000 shake and shine machine.

Pops, for teaching me what a good prespray and stepping up HWE to a new level.

UnClE Larry, not to pass up any job that looks TOO ugly

Vince, teaching me that there is hope yet for the Milfs to flirt with me..and give me a boob show.

Thang, For that there is hope that Hot Girls will be friends with a puke of a Carpet Cleaner.

Brevik and Danny....I don't know where to put the two of you...but let me drink some more of this Wild Turkey, and I will find a place for ya.

And Jimmy...for teaching me about life. Who gives a F about work, $$$ and everything else. If your not happy, nothing else matters. $$ can't buy it. What matters the most are the ones around you that you love the most. Even if Grandpa shits on the floor.

Jimmy, Thank you!

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Greenie, helped tons with my 2.5" conversion, glides, and lots of other stuff.

Mikey has answered some questions I had about my V, a very good guy.

Shawn York
Changed the industry with his thinking out of the box and building a real carpet cleaning machine. Has given me many hours of advice and friendship. Totally cares about the success of my business.

Jose Smith

I have learned lots from different people who contribute. But as far as "influence"....

STEVE TOBUREN

Al

Odin,

I keep a box of Mac and cheese on my office desk, it reminds me to work hard so I don't have to eat it.

-JB-

Name
JB
Jim Pemberton, Howard Partidge, but that started long before the board, say where is HP anyhow?

On the board-
Mikey (obviously)
and numerous others I can't bear the thought of actually listing, hand cramps.

G

I would have to say Howard Partridge because if I didn't buy his program and take his class I never would charge what I do today.
Thanks Howard.

Dave

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Good influence or Bad Influence? :? All here have been helpful at one time or another with honest opinions. Larry, Mike, Jeff/Lisa, Chris M. , Dave Rampage, Dave Stover, (not from boards)Doug Kuehne, Steve Marsh, And freeflow. All I have read intently or talked to and learned from. There businesses range from low end to high end with mine falling somewhere in between. Thanks to all and to all thanks.

Mister Sir

harryhides

Name
Tony
I've thought about this for a while, I have learned a lot from so many people on these boards. Both what TO DO as well as what NOT TO DO.
But influence - can't pin that down to a small group.
For years, my business was run on a "trial and error" for chems, equip, and marketing, management etc.

Now...........no more.

So I'll just say pretty near everyone.

Thanks to you all that contribute on the boards and behind the boards which is where the best info comes from.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom