Who here has damaged something at your customer's house while working?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Just curious

162126394_10219883786551776_7310335845827910268_n.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Who here has damaged something​

more curious who hasn't

early on in the first starving years I bumped a shelf with some hummel figurines.
One fell off and broke..I freaked 'cause I knew how much the fo-reel ones cost.

I picked up the pieces and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw "made in China" Dollar Tree POS

..L.T.A.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
A cleaner had his son help him clean a doctors office.

The doctor had a display of antique medicine bottles from yesteryear on shelves in his waiting room. Unfortunately the kid was bored and curious, and opened a bottle and sniffed it.

Whatever it was, the young man collapsed and ended up with permanent brain damage.

The doctor hadn’t known there was material still in the bottle.

Or so he said in the lawsuit that followed.

Short of carbon monoxide deaths and murders on the job, it’s the saddest story I know.

Mikey P

Administrator
I leaned over a queen size mattress once to open the window in the bedroom and my fist went right through the quarter inch drywall..

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Probably the most memorable was when a new hire thought he knew how to run the 175 after a lesson the prior week and it flung him into one of those antique corner curio cabinets filled with 800 little Porcelain blue ducks and geese and little girls with watering cans...

We had an employee do that.

He tried to tell the customer that her home was "demonized" and that the demons did it.

She didn't buy it...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Never tell you guys about the time I had a hydromaster CDS unit turn on on me when I was going 65 down the freeway?
That's like a company I used to work for. We had one guy working at a restaurant at night when all of a sudden the wand jerked out of his hand and went flying down the stairs. A guy stole the van and was driving down the road with the unit still in gear and the broken vac hose swaying behind it. He called the night supervisor who said that there was another truck just down the street and he would send it to him. 5 minutes later, the night supervisor gets a call from the second truck saying the same thing, some guy stole it. 2 trucks in one night. There is a reason that modern trucks have safety features that won't allow the unit to run at the same time the truck is in gear.

FredC

Village Idiot
Knocked a plate off a china cabinet once. Didn't charge the lady for the job. Still felt bad. Found a replacement for the "irreplaceable" plate that evening and bought it. Called the lady when it arrived and she said "oh I found one too" so I ended up with no money from the job and a plate.

I revealed a previously broken armoire but ended up paying for the repair.

Took the bosses mailbox with the van when I first started.

Put a dri-eaz 2400 through a wall.

all I can really think of

edit: Looks like that house just isn't supposed to have a mailbox (it was on the other side when I nailed it)

admiral.jpg

Last edited:
Name
Lee Stockwell
Knocked a plate off a china cabinet once. Didn't charge the lady for the job. Still felt bad. Found a replacement for the "irreplaceable" plate that evening and bought it. Called the lady when it arrived and she said "oh I found one too" so I ended up with no money from the job and a plate.

I revealed a previously broken armoire but ended up paying for the repair.

Took the bosses mailbox with the van when I first started.

Put a put a dri-eaz 2400 through a wall.

all I can really think of
I try to forget too.

Reactions: FredC

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Once got a court summons over a fish tank.70 gallons that we broke .
Never worked in that room.
It was brought up by the owners son.
Who was not there .
The owner told judge it was his son's attempt to get a messed up tank fixed free .
Thankfully the owner had more character then his son.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
But before you move a table ,sofa,etc
Take afew a test an observe for wobbles,etc.
I took the time it might have wasted a bit of time.
But was worth it in long run.
I included sliders on jobs .
That was one reason alone.
Easier for me safer moving for them.
When you don't cover yer ass ain't no one else gonna either .
Be ware ...

Reactions: Papa John
Name
Jeff T
20K + linen sectional that the owner let her ailing dog use as its bed for the last 4 months of its life.
Feces, urine, vomit, blood, and dog oils....
Yup, I used 15% peroxide on it. ALOT of it.
It bleached it out, but it was clean after I finished.
She wanted me to work with the designer to have a new 30K one made up. And wanted me to pay for it....
Uh, no.
I warned her that the damage was already done, and I could only clean the filth off, but could not get it back to new condition.
She of course, fully agreed.
It wasn’t until the husband came home that she threw me under the bus...
Lost a high end customer.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Mytee spinner buckled under vacuum while jet bar was spinning and smacked up a stone floor, chipped it. My fault for using a mytee product.

Employee didnt know about the rear swing an Isuzu NPR has because of how sharp the turning radius is, he was parked close to the house and the truck tore the electrical meter off the home

Old rotovac powerwand completely shredded a seam in a relatively new carpet, that was a funny one... I was brand new using that dumbass tool on every job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom