Who here hates OdoBan?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I know I do. That’s why I’m dumping this rebranded odocrap.

Stuff smells like sour milk

3B827C35-C89E-4EC1-BBBB-A031BB3D2A71.jpeg

Last edited:

Luky

Name
Mario
I know I do. That’s why I’m dumping this rebranded odocrap.

Pros choice has lost me as a customer. Stuff smells like sour milk

View attachment 121384
That insults Odoban; Eucalyptus and Citrus smell good for less than $10 a gallon. I don't buy deodorizers, pre-spray provides just enough citrusy scent, and Axiom fee rinse finishes the quest for a clean smell.

Reactions: Papa John

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That insults Odoban; Eucalyptus and Citrus smell good for less than $10 a gallon. I don't buy deodorizers, pre-spray provides just enough citrusy scent, and Axiom fee rinse finishes the quest for a clean smell.
I agree the Eucalyptus doesn't smell bad. The original scented is what I was smelling

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
since you guys already know everything and I have no clue what I’m talking about, go ahead and ignore this thread. I don’t care what the ingredients say, my nose tells me it smells the same as that crappy OdoBan shit

FredC

Village Idiot
but I'm interested in learning more about your gas chromatonose...

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Fred, I’m just saying it has the same rotten odor as OdoBan. I don’t care if OdoBan has quat in it. These guys that make this stuff Are clueless

FredC

Village Idiot
I've only ever used the original eucalyptus scent odoban so I'm not sure what you're talking about

but I get the part where you don't like that particular scent you have......you sure you didn't forget peeing in the bottle or something

• Haha
Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Damnit. Now I’m gonna go get a gallon to specify which one smells like this crap pros choice sold me

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Damnit. Now I’m gonna go get a gallon to specify which one smells like this crap pros choice sold me

Some products break down over time and release a dog vomit odor due to bacterial activity. Do you still have a batch number on the product?

The manufacturer can go back and see if there was a problem in that batch, or if it’s old and that might be why that happened.

I had that happen with a product from another manufacturer, and it created an odor on a sofa that couldn’t be corrected.

The manufacturer paid for replacement

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Some products break down over time and release a dog vomit odor due to bacterial activity. Do you still have a batch number on the product?

The manufacturer can go back and see if there was a problem in that batch, or if it’s old and that might be why that happened.

I had that happen with a product from another manufacturer, and it created an odor on a sofa that couldn’t be corrected.

Yeah I've got 3 more gallons I havn't opened yet. I'll call them later today. Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton
Name
Nate W.

That would always bug me as well.. It always made me wonder if mixing chemicals with distilled water, would it have a longer shelf life and not go rancid as fast?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
That would always bug me as well.. It always made me wonder if mixing chemicals with distilled water, would it have a longer shelf life and not go rancid as fast?

I don't think it would help Nate. Some of the fruit based acids, surfactants, and perfume oils used in our formations are just wonderful food for bacteria.

Years ago, quats were added to some deodorizers just to prevent that issue, not for them to be used as antimicrobials (a word we didn't even use then), and were called "preservatives" in the formula and (m)sds.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

Jim, you were right. I called them and there was a problem with this specific dated product. They're sending me out some more to replace it. Thanks

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Jim, you were right. I called them and there was a problem with this specific dated product. They're sending me out some more to replace it. Thanks

That's great!

I don't do business with Pros Choice any longer, but they have always been very helpful when I had a customer with any kind of issue.

Nice to see they are doing right by you, and you are able to contiinue to use the product of theirs you like.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom