Who here uses a pump out religiously?

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Thanks Bob. Where do you have yours mounted? In tank or externally.
It is mounted at the bottom of the recovery tank, with this filter. The knee-high wraps around this filter. It is controlled by a float mounted just a foot above the bottom. There is also a one-way check valve in the discharge 5/8" garden hose just inside the recovery tank as it goes to the outside of the tank.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Valentine

Lc17smp

Name
Larry Cole
My Apex had the Comet. Worked great until the springs get clogged and I hated taking it apart every other week (even with Devastator filter) New TM has the pumpout made by Janitors Closet. Its mounted inside the waste tank (saves space) and is backflushed to keep it clean. I do clean it out when I clean the waste tank. Have had it a year and has never failed me.

It also allowed me to have the smaller waste tank which means more room in the van!

Do you have a link or name & model number. I can’t seem to find it online.
Thanks, Larry

J

JS41035

Hi J. Can you post photos of set-up to show how that works. Currently on truckmounts we use AMT belt-driven trash pumps pulling from bottom of recovery tank, but sometimes they have difficulty in countering the suction.
roro

apo1.jpg IMG_6330.JPG apo 6.jpg apo3.jpg

J

JS41035

the top two pics are from Jim Martins setup. He posted the Wintrax part numbers also.
My APO is plumbed into the top reel and fresh water is on the bottom because I evidently enjoy getting wastewater on myself when I wrap up.

Reactions: scotty747

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the top two pics are from Jim Martins setup. He posted the Wintrax part numbers also.
My APO is plumbed into the top reel and fresh water is on the bottom because I evidently enjoy getting wastewater on myself when I wrap up.

Put a cap on the end.. That way it does not get all over you or your truck....

Reactions: JS41035

sassyotto

Name
Paul

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
Where is everyone pumping the water to? Do you run a hose back into the home?

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Thanks Justin - what I envisaged you were talking about was a system where the pumpout was in line before the recovery tank, which is a system that we use on our portables when doing larger volume jobs.
roro

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
95%???

the big one is the sanitary sewer, that one is their well.....

The one the hose is in goes to the street..... The one on the left is from the home... The large one in the middle is a one way flapper that allows the sewer to go out of the house.. but is for some reason everything backs up on the street side... If will not go into the home...

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We worked with the State of Washington about a decade ago to come up with waste dumping guidelines for carpet cleaning. What came out of that was the "Dump Smart" program that unified carpet and pressure washing dumping rules. Ground dumping is legal if more than 100 feet from any open ground water: pond, lake, stream, ocean.

This happened only due to a customer of ours that worked for the State and was looking for a project to justify keeping his job during the Great Recession. Not sure if any other state or region has followed suit.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We worked with the State of Washington about a decade ago to come up with waste dumping guidelines for carpet cleaning. What came out of that was the "Dump Smart" program that unified carpet and pressure washing dumping rules. Ground dumping is legal if more than 100 feet from any open ground water: pond, lake, stream, ocean.

This happened only due to a customer of ours that worked for the State and was looking for a project to justify keeping his job during the Great Recession. Not sure if any other state or region has followed suit.
When I had the opportunity to work with our regional district regarding waste water dumping, we used the Dump Smart program as a reference.

Reactions: The Great Oz

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Good to hear, since the methodology should work almost anywhere. Did they make any changes?
In theory, no dumping on the ground. Not enforced unless it's obvious that it's going to enter a storm drain or waterway. Often when doing a large building the pumpout hose gets directed into the garden or bushes so as not be obvious. Otherwise, it's pretty much the same.

Reactions: Bob Savage

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Where do we find some info on the Dump Smart Program?
Thanks for asking. I went to the site and found that the politicians have gotten to the program and removed the specific ground dumping recommendations, so the document - the entire program - is now useless.

During the writing of the program there was one Ecology bureaucrat that threatened to kill the program if she didn't get a lot more butt massaging. I guess she showed us..

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Thanks for asking. I went to the site and found that the politicians have gotten to the program and removed the specific ground dumping recommendations, so the document - the entire program - is now useless.

During the writing of the program there was one Ecology bureaucrat that threatened to kill the program if she didn't get a lot more butt massaging. I guess she showed us..
The biggest problem for carpet cleaners who want to go by the rules, is that we have lost and keep losing dumpsites. We used to have many gas stations with dump sites, RV parks and stand alone RV dump stations. They are all disappearing. Some in thanks to carpet cleaners dumping unfiltered waste and clogging up the systems. There are sewer clean outs throughout the city but most are inaccessible to carpet cleaners.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
I used to use a APO on every job. about 5 years ago my Comet pump died. I haven't been able to justify spending $2400 on a new one......but I need to do something. I clean a lot of tile and grout so I go through a ton of water...as Jim said in AZ we have sewer clean outs at almost every house, just a matter of finding them sometimes!

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom