Who is more valuable to this Board?

Who adds more value to MB?

• Terje Brevic.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mikey P

Administrator
I see Odin is busting Steve Toburen's ball this weekend extra hard.

What you don't realize is that he is doing it to piss me off. Some back room drama about me selling banner ads to Jon Don has Terje very worried that I am going to have to boot him some day to protect my Jon Don slush fund.

I was joking around with the Admins here about putting up a poll to see who you all feel adds more value to MB and though. why not?

So here it goes....

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Wow. I hope your kidding around Bill.

Otherwise that has to be one of the ignorant and stupid comments I've ever read on any of the cleaning forums.

Calling Steve a shark makes about as much sense as calling Hummer fuel efficient.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Steve is one of the most liberal givers of info on ANY board...

Logical choice if you ask me.

Banners ads :eek: Mikey, can you write a contract with jondon that includes a kickback to us mods for equipment referrals :roll:

John

G

I have heard of Steve T. What does Terje sell/teach?

How do you say "Terje"? Ter-G?

Isn't he that arab fellow with the big mustache that gives IICRC lessons and writes for Cleanfax and ICS?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
MicahR said:
Wow. I hope your kidding around Bill.

Otherwise that has to be one of the ignorant and stupid comments I've ever read on any of the cleaning forums.

Calling Steve a shark makes about as much sense as calling Hummer fuel efficient.

Yeah Micah, I was kidding. But I do think Steve needs someone like Odin to keep him in check and it creates some great and useful dialog. NO ONE has all the answers when it comes to success in business. The best thing a person can do is read allot and always be ready to learn, and use your own brain once in awhile. Too many people blindly follow what they think is a recipe to success.

The problem I have with some gurus however, is when they say things that you would not want your customers to hear. Things like: "I'll teach you how to reach into your customers wallet and then get them to thank you for doing so." I sure don't want my customers to even think that I am thinking that way. Too many gurus still come across like used car salesman once you take away all the glitter. I am not talking about Steve directly as I have not seen what he does, more the Polish types. I don't think that style of marketing will work in the next decade. So I like it when Terry plays devils advocate, and I love it when Steve comes back with even sharper responses.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'm with Lee on this one.

Terje also generously spreads his attention to HP and JP, so I don't think its a personal vendetta against Steve.

He has been uncharacteristically kind to Scott Rendall lately (As in silent). Have you done something to hurt his feelings Scott?

He hasn't called you "Rendahl" or a "Bundist" in ages....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
ODIN is one of the original board pirates.

Where ODIN goes so do I.

Kevin

Maybe they should hold a MB debate before we vote.

Would make for some great MB Drama.

Scott

Jim Pemberton said:
I'm with Lee on this one.

Terje also generously spreads his attention to HP and JP, so I don't think its a personal vendetta against Steve.

He has been uncharacteristically kind to Scott Rendall lately (As in silent). Have you done something to hurt his feelings Scott?

He hasn't called you "Rendahl" or a "Bundist" in ages....

Maybe so, Jim. Not long ago I called him a big teddy bear. Ever since he sent me a signed Ted Lindsay puck a few months ago, I knew his outward perception wasn't his inward reality. Sure he's fun to joust with but I don't take it personal, he's just having a bit of fun w/me.

I think most people here know the real Odin - that he loves to have fun and is a great skin-toughener, but he also has a heart of gold. If we all sung Kumbahya together all the time it would be a very boring place.

Odin is about as individualistic as they come so I would think something was wrong with him if he suddenly jumped on the popularity bandwagon.

I didn't vote because I believe both bring value to the board in different ways. Both of these fine gentlemen can hold their own. I think the members here are sharp enough to make up their own minds.

Scott

steve g

Name
steve garrett
what I have always wondered about the gurus and for that matter anything that advertises get rich etc, why in the hell aren't they out doing what they are teaching and getting filthy rich. why isn't joe polish out shovleing cash into his bank account from carpet cleaning?? or why isn't the person advertising how to get rich with real estate, out getting rich with real estate?? If I had such an increadible way of being successful, I would keep it to myself think about it and how much of a bad ass I am to stroke my ego all the while dropping off wheel barrel loads of money to the bank everyday

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I voted for Steve but if there was a both choice I would have voted both!

Terry can be rough and he can occasionally ride people a little harder than they deserve.

Although he doesn't do if to be malicious. He does it to protect the weak that can't protect themselves (the newbe, the gullible and the desperate).

He is the checks and balance guy, he calls B/S when others won't say it.

He hates to see cleaners thrown good money to the "get rich quick, just buy my program guys".

Steve has a lot to offer, he has been there and knows what it takes to impress the customer. We use a lot of his material from the SFS class daily in our business.

I think the tid bits of info he gives out are valuable to the newbe's and old timers a like. Being that he is supported by Jon-Don, he will plug them in his posts.

That's not unlike a lot of the manufacturers and distributors that post here. (The exception being Jim Pemberton, who goes too far and never mentions his distributorship.)

I would hate to see either one of them go.

The Preacher

by now everyone knows who Steve works for, he doesn't have to say it in every post and thats what Odin is on him for.

i like both and like Scoot i'd never cast a vote in this DAPoll!!!!

PS i think both of these fine gentlemen should meet at the Sahara and throw a few back together with some of the banner ad $$$ footing the bill!!!!! 8)

G

I think Steve rolls with the punches quite well,and they both have been posting a long time over the years and Im sure Steve knows that when Odin talks,that BS detector is going off 95% of the time.

Kevin

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I vote for both!
Under one condition though:
Brevic can not use the words "Mack and Chese", "TSP" and "Nephta" any longer.
It might silence him up though. He may not have more words in his vocabulary.
Oh, I forgot: "that will cost ya."
There you go.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
But he has to be able to say:

"Quisling" and "Bundist"

If for no other reason, it makes inquiring minds look up the words and learn a little history while they are at it.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I've thought about this question for a couple of days ( ya, I know that's pretty sad) and I think think that my vote has to go to Terje.

While I agree with Richard and others that together they are far more valuable than separately, there is another element to this.

I believe that the presence of people like Terje scares off snake-oil salesmen from promoting questionable products/services on this board. It does not matter if Terje suspicions/questions about Steve's product are correct or not - what matters is what he teaches - simply put - "buyer beware AND seller beware". The internet has made the life of the snake-oil salesman much more difficult. Like many others here, I learned a lot from SFS (took it 3 times ) and anyone that is considering taking his class can easily query many other's who have taken his class. No need to buy any product or class, blind - those days are gone for board members and THAT is a good thing.

As Steve G said - it's "the debate" - the thought provoking questioning of anyone else's viewpoint that is the lifeblood of this forum.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
vEEgs, you need to eat more BOCCOLI :roll: :roll:

I appreciate and value much of Steve's input.

so forgive my cynical nature when i question,
would Steve be contributing here or other boards if he didn't have something to SELL us??

to be fair, that's the same with nearly all the board "sales peeps"
You wouldn't see 90% of them here if not for the "pool of pro$pects" we represent.
That in no way means we shouldn't welcome them or want them here.
they do bring value to the board and many of us have learned much from them.
I sincerly appreciate that.

However, it's the guys like Brain O'Halic (Great Oz), Ken Snow, Rich Chavas, vEEgs, and yes, my friend Terry (as well as LOTS of others), that "I" value the most.
They "currently" run successful cleaning/restoration business's large and small and share freely with no agenda to sell us something.

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom