Who knew belts could cause so much racket..

Mikey P

Administrator
I did my first belt tightening on the Pail today as well as anchor down the engine exhaust pipe to the floor.

Damn if she ain't noticeably quieter now.

What a joy to work on with my man hands too.

So lets say I put two of these in a box truck with a shared fresh tank.

How hard would it be to pull a Vortex and pre heat the fresh water?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Must be nice, I cant even figure out how to change my belts lat alone tighten them. lol U need to post a video of you doing it, with your man hands.

Greenie

I told ya to anchor that rattle pipe.....it's really not a loud machine.....like was ONCE posted.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
it would be ridiculously easy to build a fresh water tank with a glycol hx in it. better yet i would just order the one from aerotech and then get a mechanic to run the extra coolant hoses to insert it into the loop.

Mikey P

Administrator
Couldn't be easier, loosen the four bolts that hold down the pump and the four that hold down the blower and tighten the threaded rods to move each unit further away from the motor's pulley.

20 minute operation at best.

Bob Foster

Very easy to do. Bung the tank at both ends in the middle diameter of the and and run the radiator line to eacH end and put a copper coil between them.

http://www.copper.org/publications/pub_ ... ndbook.pdf

http://www.norwesco.com/page.cfm?menu=34
http://www.norwesco.com/PDF/LSTVert250.pdf

mikecoilheatedtank001.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
Funny you should bring that up Shawn

Guess what happened to my V today?

That fancy OFF button took a dump on me. Left me high and dry until the World's Greatest Vortex Mechanic answered his phone and walked me through finding the problem then hot wiring it.

Two months ago when Jim and Lockheart helped me find some dead relays, worn throttle cables and stuck high water shut off float switches that kept shutting down my Lexus I thought I was done with all this shit.
My main power mushroom switch also nearly caught fire a while back. Blueline wanted to sell me a new one for $189 (yes a button). Turns out that box of gauges and switches you sent me had one in it.

I also had Vlad on the phone today discussing the faulty analog heat sensor I just replaced that is now acting up again. While I had his attention I asked how I should go about replacing the low water float switch in my fresh that broke off when my baffle wall fell on it. Now the gasket is leaking water all over the floor.

So you want to hear more about how I had to tighten a belt on my slide in?

Mikey P

Administrator
How many hours on your Vortex?-3748
How often do you dual wand?-70% or so of the time.
How many hours would be on it if you used it as a single wand machine? 5000 or so, who can say.
How many slide-in machines have you owned? Just one.
How many engines are on a Vortex? One.

It's been a great money making machine fo' sure.
Still doesn't make up for the fact that my 240 gallon fresh tank leaks more than a pair of magical underwear in a gun fight.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Shawn York said:
Erik said:
FMI. I feel your pain

70-90% areotech parts. FMI installed - but I won't argue your point Erik. I hope I provided you satisfactory service through those problems.
Great customer service!! But didn't i get a 6 year warranty? With all of the problems I've had, I still couldn't clean half of the accounts I have due to the long pulls and amount of water I use. I would still take my 777 over the 6008 anyday. I have 6,500 hours and 90,000 miles on it. It stinks like hell, but what a unit. These units have done a lot for my business in the last 8 years. I'm just glad I'm a good wrench.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Shawn York said:
This isn't my first rodeo.
Most Vortex owners who have previous slide-in experience will attest to the fact that they are far more reliable than any slide-in they've owned.

and again I'll ask, what percentage of V buyers buy another when time to replace?

and again...i suspect YOU'LL avoid the question ...

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
Who made it?

Most likely AT but could have been FMI's first attempt.

Either way it's a joke.

You should see how well built my Lunchpail tank is. Fully welded baffles and supportive ribs every where.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I WANT A JUDSON FOR CHRISTMAS!

IT'S A MAN MACHINE....................IT'S AGGRESSIVE!

Mikey P said:
Who made it?

Most likely AT but could have been FMI's first attempt.

Either way it's a joke.

You should see how well built my Lunchpail tank is. Fully welded baffles and supportive ribs every where.

Picture1819499694.jpg

judsonbanner.gif

Picture1819499698.jpg

Name
Lee Stockwell
Yes....and mine still doesn't leak.

My dad and I built my stainless steel fresh/waste water tanks in 1984 for our Bane. Still doesn't leak, been in like four vans. It was built out of 12 ga. with the top of the waste tank being the bottom of the solution tank, actually pretty light. The waste tank "pops" a little under the gas TM so I now use it to hold apo water. 150/160 gallons.

Dad has been gone six years now so I have fond memories of the Saturday afternoon we built it together. As fast as I could shear and or bend the next piece of it he was tig-welding it into place. Also my first day on a plasma torch, for the opening in the top of the solution tank to allow heater coil maintenance. The tanks curved to match the van wall and contoured over the wheelwell to maximize space in the truck.

I smile when I hear the hype about the expense of fabricating the Vortex, and the like. I could get it built in Podunk KY, or many small towns in America for less money and with less hassle.

The bottleneck is always at the top.

Thanks,
Lee

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Shawn York said:
Most Vortex owners who have previous slide-in experience will attest to the fact that they are far more reliable than any slide-in they've owned.

BUt what slide-in did they have before? I've heard of many slide-in's that were a PITA to work on and work with. This Judson I've been running for 1 1/2years the worst thing has been some oil leaks from the Kohler. BUt big diesels never leak oil, do they?
The only part I've replaced that broke has been a bushing. NBD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom