Who offers only 1 service and only charges 1 price?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Its a different path to follow Greg, esp when most guys are trying to raise their price. I know with a lower price I would have had about an extra dozen jobs last month, but the way I clean, I wouldn't have made any profit. They wanted a low price, weren't really too worried about how well it came clean.

SOme guys know how to clean a whole house in an hour and a half. I don't. I cleaned a beige berber today, not much furn to move, small kitchen, LR sized DR, hall, bedroom and stairs, took 3 hrs arrival to departure, and I charged $300 and change, no protectant. I didn't prescub because of the berber, just used some Hot Sauce and a long dwell time. It just took that long for me. SOmeone else could have gotten through that in half the time, esp with a helper.

If you can do those jobs at $49/min + $25/room and make profit, go for it. There are lots of people out there. I was charging $20/rm 14 yrs ago, I'd never make it at those prices today.

I chose my service, and I have a higher price. One way of cleaning, plus protector if they want it, deodourizer if they need it. That's about it for upsell.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am not a suck and run. I clean carpet and I suggest the prescrub. 3 rooms take me an hour and a half, 4 rooms 2 hours, 6 rooms 2.5 hrs,10 rooms 3 hrs

Name
I'm Rick James
Matt Murdock said:
I am not a suck and run. I clean carpet and I suggest the prescrub. 3 rooms take me an hour and a half, 4 rooms 2 hours, 6 rooms 2.5 hrs,10 rooms 3 hrs

I really dont understand your math. It takes you 1 1/2 hours for a 3 room and then from the 6 room to 10 room you can do 4 rooms in half an hour. Maybe you do the smaller rooms last.

Just so you know this topic of your business is spread out on 3 different threads over a month ago. You did say that you tell the custy that they need to have it prescrubbed or its not going to come clean, you did say you ask them after you get there, you said that you dont charge if you dont think they will buy it, so you do it for free, cause you a cool guy.

My point is you say all carpets should be prescrubbed and its not gonna come as clean unless it is, you tell the custy after you get there. Like I said its not like the $5.95 guy, its in a grey area. I just said include it in your price, since you feel it needs to be done everytime. Then you took the conversation to the high school level.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Matt Murdock said:
You guys talk in tongues you charge one price to get the carpets cleaned but charge for certain types of stains what happened to clean is clean

It's clean, it's just another color.

Are you guys really still argueing about this crap?
It is so 2 days ago.

:mrgreen:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
if you had a real tm and a real business you would understand set up takes the longest, prep is the most important but prep time goes down with each room.

maybe some day you will get a real machine and a real business and understand. How is your machine doing by the way

Pull up the threads green one and art and none of which you said is true

Becker

Name
Becker
LOL Greg...

3 rooms avg 30 mins a room 1.5 hours
4 rooms avg 30 mins a room 2 hours
6 rooms avg 25 mins a room 2.5 hours
10 rooms avg 18 mins a room. 3 hours

Could it be fatigue?
Set is pretty freaking quick if organized.

Brent does real good work, I have been trying to send him some work.

BTW it was Ron's fault, the tread was dead for almost a month, but if Ron reads at the speed he cleans it take him awhile.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
anchor does do good work
but what is wrong with my numbers. I promote all carpet cleaners in my area not just me, I always say If you arte set on this date then call and I am going to forward you a BNI referal

Name
I'm Rick James
Matt Murdock said:
if you had a real tm and a real business you would understand set up takes the longest, prep is the most important but prep time goes down with each room.

maybe some day you will get a real machine and a real business and understand. How is your machine doing by the way

Pull up the threads green one and art and none of which you said is true

You did say that prescrub should be done on every job and you ask them after you get there and tell them it needs to be done for $7 a room or its not gonna be as clean, but you do it free if you think they wont pay. Sorry buddy that is what you said. Like I said if that is how you roll with your business, thats how you roll.

This is like beating a dead horse. Really is this still a hot topic?

Maybe I can get a real business and machine one day and be just like you. My hero. Gary Crowley

Able 1

Name
Keith
The 10 rooms at 18 mins per would be pretty tough but...

For me if someone wants 3 rooms done it's on the main floor and the rooms are bigger. That being said most bedrooms are small and that is when I can get great production rates. Anyway the more rooms they have the more I can get done faster, it's all in the set up really.

Although not presently 175 scrubbing..

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
since I am calling you a liar right now please direct me to where I said this

Becker

Name
Becker
497 jobs
$281 job average
The money from area rugs is factored in but not in the job count so my average job is actually lower
Upgraded all equipment and did killer in upholstery my #1 add on and very close to my carpet cleaning in $ earned. First year full time and didn't hit my $150,000 target but have booked a lot of jobs for January.

O owe it to most everyone on the BB here especially Ken Snow. I also learned not to be a di k to a good guy like Becker and again have to apologize to him. I should carry myself much more Ken Snowish like a normal human being

781-974-9405

How many rooms do ya have to do to make 281.00?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you need to factor in sunday but my job average went down to about $170 with an average of a 5 day week of 4 a day

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
do my numbers add up enough for you becker or what do you need

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I thought using a 175 scrubber, according to the warranty was "bonnet cleaning" which voided the warranty.

Sorry, I didn't mean to drink the Check-Mate Kool Aid.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I am with Gary on this....doesnt the rotary action void a warrenty???

and i dont prescrub..tried it a few times, and seemed to be more hassle then what it helped...could have been doing it wrong to....

but then again I dont get all the free toys to play with like Mikey does sooooooo

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
becker people have stairs and hallways also. They also have furniture and area rugs and tile. idiot

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I would like to teach becker that I did alot more jobs this year at lower prices. The reason I am so interested in opening a rug plant is because it is a huge cash cow on sundays.

My company isn't twenty years old it is coming on its second birthday.My job ave is down to about $170 and dropping. If I factor in the rugs it goes up significantly. I do have to ask myself why I debate a guy who moves and his business isn't worth squat.

Anytime you want to head to the cape or south shore Becks I would be happy to accomodate you and your kid at one of my houses

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Matt Murdock said:
I would like to teach becker that I did alot more jobs this year at lower prices. The reason I am so interested in opening a rug plant is because it is a huge cash cow on sundays.

My company isn't twenty years old it is coming on its second birthday.My job ave is down to about $170 and dropping. If I factor in the rugs it goes up significantly. I do have to ask myself why I debate a guy who moves and his business isn't worth squat.

Anytime you want to head to the cape or south shore Becks I would be happy to accomodate you and your kid at one of my houses

That's nothing to be proud of.

"One of my houses"? Are you trying to impress us or you?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
no not at all just letting him know they wouldn't have to stay with me

Ernie G

Greg, you sound like such an angry guy, what do you care what any of us might think. If your content charge-ing what you charge, then don't worry about what any of us say. When you come on this board and lay it all out their, your gonna get alot of oppinions you don't like. Don't be so thin-skined, and the bragging and putting other people down, just makes you look bad. JMO!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am far from an angry guy ernie. I am just the opposite. It is entertaining to me. Feel free to scroll pass. For me it is very productive because I am still learning about business models for carpet cleaning and finding out how other do it.

This thread alone many, many people said what extras they charge for and ones they don't. I am taking a look at my want to prescrub every carpet because it seems to be not needed by alot of very longtime carpet cleaners. I am trying to standardize what I do so I can have an operations manual for my employees

Brian the reason my job averages are dropping is because I am input my data differently. I have a few janitorial accounts that just went in as 1 invoice and the rug cleaning went in as 1 line item so my job averages were way up from what the actuals were. I have pulled all that out into a seperate category, next is tile and grout which will pull that number down a lttle more

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Would you people please leave my second best friend Greg alone? You wont think its funny when my second best friend dies of a stress related heart attack caused by the carpet & pricing drama on this board.

If my second best friend is killed by one of you I will be forced to pick one of you at random to be my new second best friend. I will bug the rat turds out of you. I take pride in the fact I will be the most obnoxious second best friend you will have.

Thanks from the bottom of my wet juice fart. :twisted:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom