Who runs without hose reels?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'm thinking of eliminating the wide vac hose reel because of need for more room.

How do you store/hang/ your 200-300 feet oh hose?

Between a truckmount, vacuum, Dwell pro, Orbot, RVxl, various sprayers wands brushes and a Turbo... It's becoming rather difficult..

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Buy a trailer

or get a 200 foot real that hangs from the roof, Who was selling that? Dwayne? at acellerated?

steve_64

i lay mine on the back of the waste tank.

not really as a space saver but i find it easier to roll them up on the ground since i didnt have an electric reel.
its also easier and faster to grab them out of the back and carry them in rolled up.
i only carry 175 feet of vacuum hose.

Name
Brad Gouveia
I used to work for a guy that did not have a reel. He was too cheap. We would hang them from the sides of the van in 50' sections.

I would look at getting a smaller reel like a 18" one.

Ron K

How about a picture of your current set-up so we can give opinions!!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I wouldn't even think about doing business with Duane....I had a chance to deal with his crap and his service...which is even more crap than his crap. And I'm just gonna say crap one more time: crap.

Anyways... Regular E150 with rear mounted wide hose reel on the right side.

Reactions: bob vawter

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
DSC_0396.JPG
DSC_0397.JPG

Of course it's a mess right now...

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Is that dwell pro porty to tall to stand up? Do you use it on a daily basis? For 300$ you can get a shelf and at least get your chems off the floor.

HD has hooks and/or straps you can hang that extra sol hose(or whatever that is) on van walls. I carry an extra 50" of vac hose, smashed between vac reel and van wall, 150 on reel.

Plus, that looks like a lot of 2.5! That would be a pain in the butt to hand roll. Time consuming, also.

index.php

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
You can buy the rack that spins in a circle. I believe it holds sixteen gallons. Takes very little space.
I couldn't work with a van that messy

Gene

Reactions: hogjowl
Name
Nate W.
I have 2 vac reels, but not in the van... I got all the parts to make 1 powered... I carry 2 50' of 2.5" and 1 25' and 1 50' of 2" hose... I load my e250 and I feel it's too much sometimes... I couldn't imagine a e150 with that load...:stir:

Reactions: Able 1

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
Whew. I don't feel so bad looking in the back of my van now. I was thinking of building a platform over 6 inches or so off the floor so I could put my wants and perhaps some hose under everything to free up some space. The lack of an efficient way to store house kills me. Wasted space on one side and over the reel no matter where it goes. ....

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Ok guys, so the van normally doesn't look like this. I had to remove the shelf because I didn't have a better way to load some of the equipment. I also had a water well in there that I took out. What you see is a mess right after finishing a job and also extra merch that I just picked up from interlink and Hruby.
Also had the front loaded with chemicals etc.

So the answer is, its not a good idea to go "reel less"...I'm sure it would make me hate coiling up vac hoses. I'll just get a skinny reel and won't carry 250'

Reactions: jcooper
Name
Brad Gouveia
Cant you put the reel next the water well then you would not be loosing no space there.

You still need to get the smaller reel. Put extra hose way back there just in case. After a year or two of not touching it you will be tempted to pull it out.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have 2 vac reels, but not in the van... I got all the parts to make 1 powered... I carry 2 50' of 2.5" and 1 25' and 1 50' of 2" hose... I load my e250 and I feel it's too much sometimes... I couldn't imagine a e150 with that load...:stir:

Power it up!

I would do something else if it weren't for reels. .

Reactions: Nate The Great
Name
Nate W.
Power it up!

I would do something else if it weren't for reels. .

I would, but I need to weld a angle bracket to mount the motor... My friend said he'd do it for me last year..........:lol: That's what I get for waiting for the free 99.......:shifty:

Ron K

I put my solution hose reel on the back door. It gives you more width on the floor.
The one you have looks like mine which I have from Steam-Way. Just screw some Plywood to the back door then screw that Angle Iron to it.
It's a little PIA as far reeling up you'll get the hang of it. I've trained my Tech to crank it up even while toweling the hose.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yeah, sometimes free is stupid... This is one of those times. . Get it done already! :winky:

I have lots of friends like that... I'll help you do this or that, but it never gets done. If they call and need help I'm right there(these are friends outside of CC)..

Reactions: Nate The Great
Name
Nate W.
Yeah, sometimes free is stupid... This is one of those times. . Get it done already! :winky:

I have lots of friends like that... I'll help you do this or that, but it never gets done. If call and need help I'm right there(these are friends outside of CC)..

He has a system of importance....... He helped me put a new motor on my tm, went from belt driven to coupler, we started at 8pm and finished at 4am... I had a big school to do at 8am that morning... He's my best friend, but just has a b!tch of a wife.... :shifty:

Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
He has a system of importance....... He helped me put a new motor on my tm, went from belt driven to coupler, we started at 8pm and finished at 4am... I had a big school to do at 8am that morning... He's my best friend, but just has a b!tch of a wife.... :shifty:
Yeah, I lost my best friend to one of those also..

Able 1

Name
Keith
I've been waiting on Stockwell to find a used 45 blower he has "somewhere ".

Since 1991 ...

I can hook you up with a used blower. . What are you looking for? I have access to at least 20 of them..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom