Who runs without hose reels?

F

FB7777

From the picture, I would suggest that the hose reel is not the issue.

Hanging 50 ' sections , while,eliminating the hose reel , will only add more clutter to an already crowded van

Perhaps utliilize the higher space in the van more efficiently ?

Mikey P

Administrator
Is your 175 or RE in the front of the cab?

Only way I could run out of a cargo van again would be a CDS or Pro1200 with the water tank under the hose reel out the side freeing up all the room in back.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
One of the first things I did after buying the van: remove front passenger seat and use that space too. Some of you may even remember at San Diego mikeyfest I had a Cimex in place of the seat...there is even a picture on here somewhere.

I am planning on moving everything over to a new van this year...so just for a short time I was gonna take the hose reel out to free up some space since the Dwell is riding these days too.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Get a 200 foot vac reel (Rokan V-49 200) and mount it beside the TM. Hang the other (2) 50 foot sections.

The V-49 200 is only 16.5 inches in width and should leave you enough room to manage the hose through the side door.

If not move that TM closer to the seats. :winky:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Do you use the porty everyday? Do you know before the job if you are going to need it?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Get a 200 foot vac reel (Rokan V-49 200) and mount it beside the TM. Hang the other (2) 50 foot sections.

I always wondered how vans with the reel next to the tm fix tm issues? Do they move the reel?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We drill the holes where we want the reel to sit.

Then get longer bolts and come up from beneath the van with the bolt. Put a fender washer and nut to hold it in place and tighten down. Then we drop the reel down on top of the bolts and tighten it down.

After that whenever you need access for maintenance or repairs, pull all the vac hose off reel. Loosen the top nut and pull the reel off the bolts. Without the weight of the hose, one man can easily lift the hose reel. :cool:

Reactions: SamIam

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
We drill the holes where we want the reel to sit.
Then get longer bolts and come up from beneath the van with the bolt. Put a fender washer and nut to hold it in place and tighten down. Then we drop the reel down on top of the bolts and tighten it down.
After that whenever you need access for maintenance or repairs, pull all the vac hose off reel. Loosen the top nut and pull the reel off the bolts. Without the weight of the hose, one man can easily lift the hose reel.

No shat!? Smart thinking, so you guys run slide in with the reel out the side? Hmmmm.

You have to move the reel to change oil and do maintenance stuff? On a sapphire I'd have to move it, I think.....

Reactions: Desk Jockey

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
White magic had it figured out with their reel coming out the side. The one side is on a big hinge so when I need to work on my unit I just fold it back out of the way. Im surprised that more manufacturers don't do this.

Reactions: jcooper

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
At the rate we are all adding must have things to our rigs, it won't be long before we all have to have box trucks pulling trailers.
Seriously I think the days of the standard van are slowly fading. The modern carpet cleaners needs so many different tools at their disposal they will need the room the newer tall roof vans or box vans offer.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Buy a quality Van. My E250 1993 is doing great. Still have all my doors. Not my hair but all my doors! 250'

he's obviously referring to GM van doors, Ron, not Ford
Their hardware is tin-willy boolsheet ...from door/hood latches to hinges ...light duty crAp

our fresh water hose reel has been on the rear door "forever"
(steel reel w/100ft of 5/8" 100% rubber hot water rated hose )

..L.T.A.

Name
Nate W.

The V-49 200 is only 16.5 inches in width and should leave you enough room to manage the hose through the side door.

If not move that TM closer to the seats.
:winky:

What seats?!? :dejection:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
smiley-shocked012.gif

Name
Nate W.
You took out the seats? :eekk:

No room for any nani wahine? :winky:

Not me, Zee did... His passenger is his Cimex....

Kind of funny to see Nani Wahine used like that.... Nani here, is another name for the Vajayjay, glory hole, birthing canal, vag, vertical smile, 2 legged Ahi, tuna, taco, ect..... Wahine means girl....:lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom