Who says Hole Glides cant suck up crud

Mikey P

Administrator
This was in my drain filter today...

052407_18001.jpg

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
You're supposed to clean carpet not the driveway.

How does that paper get in there? I think someone takes the hose off the wand and sucks up crap. ARe you sure the vacuum cleaner is working??

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
That's a 200 gal waste tank right?

Just think I get half that much with a 120 waste tank.

Question though, are you sure you are leaving carpet there after cleaning. Thats alot of junk.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You definitely are not a snobby high end cleaner but just a simple HACK like the rest of us?

So how many times did you have to punch the holes in your glide to get the crud out while you were using it?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I use the hole glide, and my filters will get like that even when I pre-vac. I am using a dinosaur of a royal for a vac now. Rebuilt, and pretty fierce, but still no Sebo...

I do have to check my glide during a big job though, I take the cuff and suck the crud out that gets stuck in the middle.

When MicahR put my wand glide on he kinda pinched the metal wand lips together in the middle, so there is not enough clearance for the crap to go all the way through in the middle, just the sides...

Greenie

"he kinda pinched the metal wand lips together in the middle"

It's not Micah, it's the wand Mfg.

If a glide pinches your wand lips, imagine what is happening under 14"hg!

It amazes me how many wand Mfgs don't support the center of the wand.

drill a small hole in the center on the back side, just drill one side not all the way through to the front lip , drop a small 10-32 bolt into it from the backside, 3/8" or 1/2" long will be plenty, hold a nut inside the vacuum slot and thread the bolt into it, and all the way through until the screw touched the other side. viola, you are now done.

Now the glide can only compress the lips so far, and will likely fit tighter and be less prone to a leak, and every so often you can still remove the glide, screw the bolt and clean it out easily, this is much easier than a welded in pin.

We make many glides now with a machined in "bump" in the center to help keep the center of the lips apart.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I know it's not Micah, I just love blaming him for stuff on the board, 'cause I get to see him in person too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom