Who uses RSVP?

Mikey P

Administrator
The local cleaner who held the spot for years has bailed and they offered it to me first.
30,000 homes in my zone.

Mailed our 4 times a year, $1500 each time if I sign a 4 time contract.

Ken Snow mentioned a wile back that you can dicker with them.

Where could/should I start?

And what % of calls could I hope for in the mess?

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I got 4 calls and one job off the 4th Q mailing.

I even ran a drawing for whole house cleaning to get added value out of the card, kinda like the restaurants. I pushed tile as their was chemwho guy in there for carpet. They usually allow 2 of each, so make sure you are the only one in your agreement.

Tile Nerd

Mikey P said:
The local cleaner who held the spot for years has bailed and they offered it to me first.
30,000 homes in my zone.

Mailed our 4 times a year, $1500 each time if I sign a 4 time contract.

Ken Snow mentioned a wile back that you can dicker with them.

Where could/should I start?

And what % of calls could I hope for in the mess?

May be worth it for $1500. We did about a 3 or 4 to 1 return but we paid $2400 a mailing. I would probably do it for $1500.... if fact I'm gonna call my Rep tomorrow.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Offer 1000k for that low of a mailing volume and tell them you'll supply the artwork. If they are close to deadline it should be ok, though they may say no and only do 1000k for the first mailing. Hold the line and tell em no more than 1k but you'll commit to 4 times. I wouoldn;t expect too much till at least the second time. Also don;t listen to other's if you don;t know what type of quality piece they produce, or if they hav any kind of brand awareness in their market. I think of this product as a special offer product as it only comes out 4 times a year. I think you have to offer something unique and compelling to make your phone ring. If done right I would expect 20-50 jobs out of it.

John Watson

Like Jeff said, If something was working why give it up?

Ken Snow said:
If done right I would expect 20-50 jobs out of it.

$4-6 grand for 20-50 $300 jobs equals $6-10 grand. Thats still a big if

But again it is somewhat of a ritzy area..

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
If and maybe that's a big IF, you break even on the first time round, firstly is that good enough? maybe, maybe not, but secondly, what's your stats for keeping clients?

IF you have a good track record for keeping and nuturing your database, then it maybe just a slightly more expensive way of getting another 20-50 $35834 dollar clients (I've forgotten the true number :oops: )

John

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I did mean per mailing and with Mikey's graphic, pricing, and sales skill I would say it is more likely between 8-20k, a damn good roi.

Ken

LeeCory

To be honest with you I wouldn't do it.

Of course if you have the money laying around that you can afford to play with I guess it doesn't matter. They are nice looking cards, but in my area their is nothing of interest in the entire deck, nothing to grab interest. I would be surprised if you got 5 jobs out of the entire run.

I would put that money into something else.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
If you are asking men their opinion of these things that is a mistake. Women are the target and women make the decision.

Ask 50 upper middle class women bet the age of 35-54 if there is any thing of interest in these deck cards, not bdcc'rs

LeeCory

The only thing worse than a bdcc is a broke houswife standing looking at a bunch of cards as she's about to toss them in the trash.

I'm willing to bet Ken would have a better response from his ad because of his market awareness. Others may not have the same success.

I am almost certain that Mikey will give the cards a try at this point, and I hope it works out very well for him.... Let us know how it goes Mike.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
True larry- that is why I prefaced with upper middle class. I assume RSVP in Mike's area works like it does in mine.. They carve out the bottom end (theoretically) and mail to upper middle and higher households.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
my first mailing with RSVP kicked butt. Went out to 80k.
Second one...not so much...just about broke even.
The third mailing never made it because RSVP stopped mailing in this area for 09 completely.

I think it has a lot to do with how well the ad is done...as with anything.

Mikey P

Administrator
I think we're gonna go for it.

They lowered the price to $1250

I refuse to use their designers when I have access to Wayne and Jon Don.

Almost all the cards in there have photographs of their owners or employees performing the work.

Boring.

Do you think my Hello Spring card would perform?

AprilCardfront.jpg

R

Ramon Allones

Se Habla Espanol

could open you up to a whole new customer base with money to spend?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
May I suggest running the pic through a filter (before adding text) to give it some flair and that way it won’t look like a shitty pic you swiped off the internet?

Or........Perhaps your going for the 99.00 whole house special look ?

AprilCardfront.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom