Whole apartment dying

KOOSER55

I have a couple that have ask me to do it ive heard that i could put something around the edges like cardboard then mix dye in a hydro force and spray it down any advice on what to do and not to do. Ive also heard alot of people shy away from doing whole room dyes but the complexs have ask me to.

G

Personally IMHO; it can be done; However what are you gonna do about the pad?? It comes out better when the carpet is removed. Plus pad will absorb dye and when it get wets it will wick up and make a mess.

If you attempt this you can tape plastic on walls. apply coats litely so they dry fast; and groom color in as you go. Also don't try to change the color of carpet; match as close as possible.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
FIRST......ask them what color they want all their white sox........!

two words:

heat set!

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
I taught seminars on dyeing carpet from the mid 1980's until 1996.

That thing about the pad. Never heard of such a thing. And if it ever did happen, it would be due to a very poor job of application.

The idea is to spray enough for the fibers to be saturated, yet not over-wet the carpet. And it's not a difficult thing to do.

Cardboard around the edges...? No. It will get saturated and smear the walls. If you use a hand- held shield, a painter's plastic shield is the way to go. But there are liquid wall guard products that won't let the dye stick to the walls.

During the time I did carpet care, I used a HydroForce for part of it. I still prefer not to, but it can work with some care to not over pressurize or use too much heat.

I definitely recommend taking a course. It's not the kind of thing that I would suggest st to anyone that they read about and then try on a customer's carpet.

Back
Top Bottom