whole room carpet dyeing

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
what do you guys think of this? it looks terrible to me. Im watching so many videos on you tube some are from the expensive class people are talking about and they arent even taping off baseboards? does the stuff just wipe off easily after? some of them are walking on it and spraying their own shoes.

just seems super sloppy and the carpets look really blotchy afterwards.. has anyone here done this with good results?

Reactions: Chandler Thompson

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You can only dye nylon or wool carpets. You have to prepare the carpet before hand to look even, otherwise, the job will look blotchy. How many carpets do you run into where the clients think a color change is necessary. The spot dying part is very useful and profitable.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I have taken this expensive dye class which teaches whole room dyeing as well as the spot dyeing. When Viewing the class, the results of some students or even some of the "wacko" statements of the instructor, one might think this class should be avoided..
However, as a student of this "eccentric" instructor, I can say with confidence that he can back his shit up with performance results.

Having this knowledge of color repair in your "quiver of arrows" is similar to tile, wood and rug cleaning. It will need to be inspected and qualified to determine if the service is applicable.

This class might not be for everyone. I invested about 8K to learn this skill when all costs are figured in, yet have earn zero in revenue: but I'm delighted to have this skill. BTW I learned so much more in this class verses the cheaper IICRC class.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
You can only dye nylon or wool carpets. You have to prepare the carpet before hand to look even, otherwise, the job will look blotchy. How many carpets do you run into where the clients think a color change is necessary. The spot dying part is very useful and profitable.

In the expensive class I took, we learned how to correct bleach spots on ploy too.

Reactions: Shorty

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Some may not remember this guy, but he taught me how to spot dye poly carpets way back in 2012. :winky:

Wonder where he is now. ??

:yoda:

Name
Chandler
what do you guys think of this? it looks terrible to me. Im watching so many videos on you tube some are from the expensive class people are talking about and they arent even taping off baseboards? does the stuff just wipe off easily after? some of them are walking on it and spraying their own shoes.

just seems super sloppy and the carpets look really blotchy afterwards.. has anyone here done this with good results?

I have been dyeing for 20 years. I’ve had Chris’s class too. I took the class to learn some of the tricks on polyester but 80% of the info I knew already. My YouTube channel has many videos of me doing full room dyeing
https://www.youtube.com/user/Ccsx24

Name
Chandler

2542D06D-4888-4835-9E07-C732E35C85D3.jpeg 6E3D85C6-2C79-4623-B376-042C702833DC.jpeg 035DEAD2-A9DB-4A42-B7B6-B87A7FADD7DA.jpeg 0D41942B-8DD5-435C-A70B-2E5D938191AF.jpeg EEDBA1F9-3EF2-4B97-92A7-77B7C2145748.jpeg F813D3B7-4F67-4D44-9FBC-629C9667F812.jpeg A4942E4D-EF04-4119-B2E2-41562F207681.jpeg

Name
Chandler

Me dyeing stairs

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
no offense Chandler but when groomed, most of those rooms will still look like stained up azz ...just a little less stinky and darker color azz is all

what kind of per room charge are you getting for that compared to a landlord installing new $1.60sf poly/PET cut pile?
( cost here for new installed w/padding)

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Chandler Thompson

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I guess I expected a spray shield along the baseboards. It also is a LOT more liquid than I thought; those steps are dripping. Do you recover the excess?

Name
Chandler
no offense Chandler but when groomed, most of those rooms will still look like stained up azz ...just a little less stinky and darker color azz is all

what kind of per room charge are you getting for that compared to a landlord installing new $1.60sf poly/PET cut pile?
( cost here for new installed w/padding)

..L.T.A.
Non taken. $150/ room. 2 room minimum

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
It’s wet because we have to clean and reduce the ph for maxim dye penetration.

Thanks Chandler, some systems you have to clean the carpet, then come back the next day when it's dry to apply the dye.

Or, in the case of spot dyeing in a large hotel, train the staff to neutralize any bleach, then you come in when it's dry and spot dye.

May I ask who's dyes you use, no problem if you don't want to divulge that info publicly, I understand.

Cheers,

:yoda:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think some guys have a good eye for dyeing and can balance the color well. We used to have a guy here who was a master. I watched him blend a sun faded carpet and when he was done, you couldn't tell the difference from the old color to the new. I have taken some courses but I don't have the patience or the eye for it. I respect the guys who do and can get good results. I suspect there are probably a lot of hacks doing sub par jobs as well.

Reactions: Shorty

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom