Who's company has a higher % of profit?

Becker

Name
Becker
I don't expect the owners to come forward and offer the facts.

1. Ken Snow, huge company, 30ish vans, 5 room deal $99.95. Based on avgs from the hot seat his company sells in the neighborhood of $6,000,000+? (Just a guess)

2. Howard Partridge, Again a large company, I don't think he has near the number of vans. Avg price of .62 per sq ft. But does not advertise the prices of his services. He advertises sales of $2,400,000. That is impressive.

So you have 2 companies.
One gets in gets out and moves on. Targets the budget minded client. And cleans a butt load of jobs.

The other targets the "high end" clearly spends more time on site, and does less jobs per tech.

In my mind both companies are great models.

Becker

Name
Becker
OK my math sucks then.

I was going off the $200k per truck avg. and the 30ish trucks on the road.

Scott Rogers

Lee the 15 mil number includes in plant area rugs and carpet and rug sales.

I think I remember Ken saying they where around 6 or 7 mil for cleaning, but I could be wrong

Name
Lee Stockwell
I'm wrong, just looked at it again.

Hagopian came in second. $9,657,029. from "carpet cleaning and closely related services..." plus $496,762. from upholstery cleaning in the last 12 months.

page 37

harryhides

Name
Tony
There's a guy on here from Texas who runs 60 tm's from what I hear. Then there's Dalworths also from Texas that runs about 110 tms.

Ken and Howard are small fry. :)

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Hey Becker

Take a look at the total square footage for largest commercial carpet cleaning account.

I had to have my wife read it back to me, I couldn't believe it. And just think, I will be measuring another 3 buildings this weekend to add to the list.

Just tootin my own horn.

Becker

Name
Becker
Howard has always claimed that as far as I know.

I sat in on his "sales pitch" * years ago. And he was claiming the trunk thing then.

Only guy that has ever proved he works from the truck of his car, or a borrowed car that is.. Was JJ.

He even posted pics.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
We have Kennedy Carpet in Mass and I bet they do between 8-15million a year. Anyone know?

Becker

Name
Becker
In other words Cleanfax is not a good source of the facts.

Unless the facts are about who ever they asked.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
The questions are poorly written in the review. Our total revenue in our 3 cleaning divisions was about 9.6 million and the balance was from selling rugs in our showrooms. The upholstery cleaning number is part of the the 9.6 mill not in addition to it.

Lots of ways and diff styles of businesses and none are necc more right than another. Its all about what you want out of it and that you are living the life you want to live.

Ken

Mike Brummett

O.K, but what about the fact that Howard started his company himself, from scratch, whereas Ken Snow is 2nd or 3rd generation in his biz?

I have plenty of respect for both and would love to work for either for about a month, just to learn stuff first hand.

Terry, you can't put Howard in the same category as Polish. Howard is working in the business ever day. JP never pushed a wand in his life.
BIG difference.

MIKE

danpauselius

To be honest, I think that looking at profit margins is rather foolish. The bottom line is ... the bottom line.

It wouldn't matter to me if I was getting 50% of $2M or 1% of $100M. Now managing those two different scenarios is a different story.

G

The important thing here is they both run the businesses and do not clean. An owner operator will never have the opportunity to make as much money as a company with 4 or more trucks. If you want real money then you must focus on building a business and not staying an owner operator.

I am not ready for that step yet.

Dave

C

Carpet Dude

the one fella purely runs the business off of cleaning carpets.......

the other fella targets carpet cleaners through powerful marketing words....

randy

Name
Randy
Mike B. I have a buddy in the business that once lived in Joe Polishe's neighborhood,I can assure you Joe spent a few years trying to get a carpet cleaning business going. He just found his niche to be in information sales and took Dan Kennedy's Magnetic marketing program and adapted it to carpet cleaning.Made millions selling the information and has moved on to other industries. I'm not impressed with his packages(have seen them) but his ads to sell the packages are fantastic (most were written by Dan Kennedy or other copy writers),but to say he has never pushed a wand is a bit unfair and a lie.

With respect to the clean fax list, many large firms will not provide their numbers to clean fax and could care less about their RANKING. The largest 5 cleaners in the country aren't even on the list. Corporate Care (with offices in something like 10 States ) for one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom