who's going to ARCS Turkey N Iran tour?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
seems like a "once in a lifetime" tour... I'm so tempted cuz this might be the best/safest way to travel to these countries.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
I haven't sign up yet.. but if I were told I only had only 1 year to live-- I would go without hasitation and then really start living a life without boundaries:oldrolleyes:

This just seems like an awesome trip.

rmann

Name
Robert Mann
Since the signing of the nuclear agreement, and lessening of travel restrictions, lots of Americans have been going on tours to Iran. The reports are good; a few friends of mine have come back from recent trips describing very friendly receptions and great experiences. I am not surprised. Iran is an interesting country - I have visited four times - and the people are quite hospitable. I plan to join the group on this trip and will also be spending a few days in Istanbul with anyone who wants to arrive early. In Turkey visits are planned to the Istanbul carpet collections and a world class restoration facility in Izmir (the former Woven Legends Restoration workshop, now ATC). The itinerary in Iran includes lots of touristic sights as well as visits to weaving and production facilities, carpet wash plants, dealers and carpet markets, and a visit to a village sheep herding and weaving camp near Shiraz. For the person looking to expand their knowledge of rugs, and the cultures that make them, this is a opportunity not to be missed.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Like Papa John says, "Once in a lifetime" If I had the time and money, I would go. Always seems, if I have the money, I don't have the time. If I have the time, I don't have the money.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Like Papa John says, "Once in a lifetime" If I had the time and money, I would go. Always seems, if I have the money, I don't have the time. If I have the time, I don't have the money.

Same Here....Its just this trip could cost as much as 2 trips to Thailand

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I'm going.

Like Robert Mann I know a few people in the rug business that have traveled to Iran in recent years without issue
including my former employer who's been these 4 time in the past 10 or so years. You'll be ok unless you do stupid things that they view as inappropriate or disrespectful to their culture.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
seems like a "once in a lifetime" tour
That's what I would be afraid of. Pretty sure I would do or say something to upset the natives and it would be a one way trip. O Admin wouldn't save me...I voted for the other guy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom