Who's made a good return on commercial advertising?

Moser Bros.

What works best, Val-Pak, Clipper Magizine, RSVP mailers, back or front page of the PennySaver?

Farenheit251

I only look through those to see if there are any ridiculously low priced deals. Often there are, usually for restaurants. If I am really ready to make a purchase I pull out YP or go on the internet.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Try sending a note with a special offer to the businesses you want. Tell them a little about yourself, what you can do for them and how much you would like to work for them. Get a phone book and hand write the address on the envelope.

Try to be a little creative in what your doing. The same stuff you listed above is the same stuff everyone is doing. When you purchase a mailing list your gatting the same info every other Tom Dick & Harry are getting also. If you can find out the owner of the businesses name send the info to their house also.

Send to the same addresses over and over till they reply.

If you want to test it pick 10 places. Send them a note, a post card, business card, naked picture of yourself what ever just send them something everyday or every other day for a week. Someone will call and if your lucky a couple will. Now just think if you done this to 100 or 1000 at a time till you punch your image into their head.

Call the newspaper and get them to stuff a business card in the paper on the day they have the least amount of advertising stuffers in them. If you get a day with no stuffers or very little the chance that your card falling on the floor when they open the paper is good. Then people will see your card when they pick it up. (its Cheap)

Think outside the box. If you keep doing the same stuff everyone is doing you will get the same results everyone is getting at this time.

We have another advertising thing going on good at this time and if you want to PM me I will fill you in. I just wont post it on the board yet for my own reason. But at this point its one of the best returns we have ever had with carpet cleaning.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
95% of my commercial work comes from my existing customer base..all you have to do is ask. you would be surprised how much work you get..from owners, office managers and employees.
i dont go looking for commercial outside of my customer base..i should but we have a hard time handling the work we have let alone adding a bunch of night work.
its almost time for another truck..

Name
I'm Rick James
Moser Bros. said:
What works best, Val-Pak, Clipper Magizine, RSVP mailers, back or front page of the PennySaver?

Direct mailers is a great way to get good clients. Val Pak is a good way to go, you just have to be consistant and dont give up after a few months. Do not think only cheap people look through the Val Pak, that is a common mistake.

Farenheit251

I used val pak years ago and talked to them last year. The way they price now is really geared towards the big companies. 3.2cents if I mailed 6 zones to 60,000 but like 5.7 cents for 10.000. Almost doubling the cost is going to kill ROI. Plus i don't want to work that much just to pay them. I asked to do one zone and pay for 6 times but no discount.

I did alot of advertising the first time i started and for me none of it turned enough profit to make it work in the short term. The real benefit was that it built my customer base and i profited for years down the road. My thoughts are to look at it as a long term investment back into your company.

Back
Top Bottom