Who's out of gas?

Brian H

Name
Brian H
doesn't appear to affect us as far as supply .
all the juice in that hose goes north to Canaduh

..L.T.A.
Embridge's Line 5 is bringing in "juice" from Canada, not the other way around. A lot of the upper Lower Peninsula of Michigan depends on that for their propane, etc. The governor wants to shut it down immediately with now real plan on how to replace the flow.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Thanks Bri

I must of misunderstood this from the article

For nearly 67 years, Enbridge has moved oil and natural gas from western Canada through Michigan and the Great Lakes to refineries in the province of Ontario.

..L.T.A.

FredC

Village Idiot
Thanks Bri

I must of misunderstood this from the article

For nearly 67 years, Enbridge has moved oil and natural gas from western Canada through Michigan and the Great Lakes to refineries in the province of Ontario.

..L.T.A.
also in article

Line 5 delivers nearly half of the oil needs of both Ontario and Quebec, as well as propane for the state of Michigan.

but it's primary purpose seems to be moving oil&ng from/to Canada

Edit: Maybe I shouldn't have suggested the TCS Chief to that guy :D

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It's always concerning, having a pipeline running through major bodies of water. A major leak can be devastating. I always want to know, what safety measures are there? How fast can it be shut down? The Enbridge leak in Kalamazoo was caused by an employee, who apparently didn't want to shut down that particular pipeline for a minor leak. Turned out to be pretty major and caused a lot of damage. At the first sign of a leak, these pipelines need to be shut down and have the leak investigated.

steve_64

Embridge's Line 5 is bringing in "juice" from Canada, not the other way around. A lot of the upper Lower Peninsula of Michigan depends on that for their propane, etc. The governor wants to shut it down immediately with now real plan on how to replace the flow.
And break a US treaty with Canada. Because like Ron she's afraid there may be a leak someday.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
And break a US treaty with Canada. Because like Ron she's afraid there may be a leak someday.
You can understand their fear. They have already experienced a major leak in their local river that went unchecked until it did major damage. Pipelines are necessary and pollute much less than transporting by train or truck but the appropiate safety measure must be in place and clean up crews at the ready if an emergency does occur.

steve_64

You can understand their fear. They have already experienced a major leak in their local river that went unchecked until it did major damage. Pipelines are necessary and pollute much less than transporting by train or truck but the appropiate safety measure must be in place and clean up crews at the ready if an emergency does occur.
She's just playing politics. Tugging on people's emotions to get attention.

steve_64

that's why they thumbed their nose at her.
courts will decide now whether she has the authority

..L.T.A.
They all know she doesn't have the authority. She knows it too. Grandstanding for votes is all she is doing instead of fixing the Damn roads like in her campaign speach.

Name
BradFenstermaker
many stations around here are out. If they have gas most have raised price.

I gots to find some tomorrow some wears.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom