Why are most carpet cleaners fat???

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I was thinking about this today.... This stuff is some hard work. Alot of sweating, aerobic exercise 8 hours a day, maybe 12 this time of year. Since I got off the truck full time I was afraid I would start getting fat. In fact, 2 or 3 days a week in the gym has done me wonders.

So how in the world can people who work so hard stay so unfit?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I just killed two quarts of beer and a big bag of cheese curls. Now it's time for dinner. I love this work.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Because their "WIVES"..have the REAL job's...... :mrgreen:

They are just working to buy their... "BEER & PORK RIND'S"..... :shock: :lol: :lol:

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
First of all. The work we do is NOT aerobic. We do not raise our heart rate. But we do get get exhausted so we don't have the energy to exercise after work.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
for me i gain weight as i work more and more.. im fat ill admit it. but for me its grabbing that pop or a burger to eat late at night. trying to get something and rush to work.. i find myself as alot hungrier when i work also.

just my 2 cents

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am 145 pounds bare buck naked and soaking wet .........so I have no clue of what you are talking about..........

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
TMI~~!!

Its eating late after a long day's work, then going to bed.
I figure if I never changed my diet but just stopped eating after 7pm I'd start shedding some pounds.
As for hard work, I find work is getting easier, what with glides and furniture sliders and a lift buddy and CRB scubber and good chemistry, cleaning is easier than it ever has been.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Bill Phillips' new book Transformation is out - http://www.transformation.com

He has helped a few carpet cleaners lose a ton of weight - you see on his website Shane and Marty and Chris are all Piranha Members who won his contest.

Personally, I think the stress of running a business counteracts the physical benefit of the working. When you don't get enough good sleep, or enough good food, and you are working non-stop from job to job with no rejuvenation - it makes you run really inefficiently.

By the way... all the smileys up to the left are all goofy now - did something happen to the site?

Lisa

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Totally agree with Ron & Lisa. A few of us (not me) seem to have the diet thing figured out, but go to any carpet cleaner function and you will see a few round midsections. When you go hard for 9-12 hrs a day it gets real easy to fill up quickly on protein and fat.

I met a guy at a Vietnamese restaurant scarfing down a big bowl of soup with one eye on his watch. Chatted him up and he explained that he had an eating disorder and did not eat after 7 pm. Sounds too simple till you try it.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
LisaWagnerCRS said:
Bill Phillips' new book Transformation is out - http://www.transformation.com

He has helped a few carpet cleaners lose a ton of weight - you see on his website Shane and Marty and Chris are all Piranha Members who won his contest.

Personally, I think the stress of running a business counteracts the physical benefit of the working. When you don't get enough good sleep, or enough good food, and you are working non-stop from job to job with no rejuvenation - it makes you run really inefficiently.

By the way... all the smileys up to the left are all goofy now - did something happen to the site?

Lisa

"As to the SmIleYs".......I Have been ViOlAtEd.... :cry:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
i think most carpet cleaners are skinny, present company excluded

Cameron1

That's easy.........quit smoking in "97" and gain 10 lps.

got off the truck and gained another 15 lps.

got old and gained another 10 lps.

now.......I'm working my a$$ off to lose 5 lps.

go figure

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Art Kelley said:
I just killed two quarts of beer and a big bag of cheese curls. Now it's time for dinner. I love this work.

Just got back from dinner. Killed a bottle of wine and a plate of shrimp linguine and half my wife's dinner. Thinking about a few bowls of cereal now. I'm about 20 pounds overweight. People who watch me eat ask me why I'm not 400 pounds.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I didn't thin k steve had a weight issue I think he has an ugly issue

TimP

I'd say it's the fast food and binge eating.

Our bodies are designed to eat throughout the day but not in large quantities. We should eat about 5 times a day or better just much less food at a time. And eat around 2,000-2400 calories a day depending on weight. I think it's 12x your weight to maintain.

The way our bodies work is that our cells are trying to stay at a constant level. In the food instance our blood wants a certain glucose level. What happens for us cleaners is that we starve our bodies and they go into starvation mode and lower our metabolism. Then eat a bunch of food and boost our sugar levels. Then what happens is our bodies have to lower the sugar fast with insulin and start storing the energy in fat. The problem is that we never burn off the fat we store. This is why eating carbs before bed is bad because they go into fat. We'd do better eating protein and vegetables in the evening because they take longer to process. Then eat the carbs in the day along with some protein and fat and of course vegetables in small meals as our body needs them so we burn it off and keep our metabolism right and give our body the chance to burn the fat. The idea is only carbs when you need them when active and tone them down if not stop them when you're not active.

Anyway that's my take on it....

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
KevinL said:
First of all. The work we do is NOT aerobic. We do not raise our heart rate. But we do get get exhausted so we don't have the energy to exercise after work.

I don't know about you, but my heart rate raises when i clean. I had to quickie-slam a 3 bedroom today to get the guys caught up and it was so gross I had to take off the glide. That was all the cardio I needed for the day.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was 5-11 175 as a kid cleaning and gained 20 lbs as an adult cleaner. I didn't get fat till I got off the wand. I'm 275 now, man I really need to drop 50-lbs......I just don't know which leg to give up.
:mrgreen:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Doc Holliday said:
I was 5-11 175 as a kid cleaning and gained 20 lbs as an adult cleaner. I didn't get fat till I got off the wand. I'm 275 now, man I really need to drop 50-lbs......I just don't know which leg to give up.
lose 50lbs of ugly fat...cut off yor hED!

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Doc Holliday said:

chavezwf8.jpg

You don't look 50 lbs overweight in this picture.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Chavez, print that picture and give it to your wife on your anniversary.

Eating on the run, getting old and no cigarrets is the reason for me being overweight.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom