Why are you in this business?

Able 1

Name
Keith
The main reason I got into the business is I was always working harder and putting in more time then others around me. Most of my previous employment was in unions.. My last boss fired me(no cause, no union help)after he found out that I was planning to start my own business. He was a real dick, and this was the first time I was ever fired. I already had all the equipment so I started doing flyers and A LOT of them! The reason this line of work was attractive to me was that it is all on me as far as how much I want to make, and how much I want to work, and how far I want to go.

I'm growing slowly at about 20% per year now, but I want to get into some other things as I grow this business(rental props is a big goal).. I am spoiled with a rock star helper that can work alone.

Also now because of this business, and being in business for myself I am unemployable.. My buddie asked if I would plow snow for him this year for $20 ca$h an hour, and I wasn't digging it at first, but it's been OK so far.. He owes me 50 hours now, ca$h money homey..
[video=youtube;07G23zMGa4g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07G23zMGa4g[/video]

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
John Lets meet for lunch some time.
I hated the industry in the end. Loved my boss. Hated what it had become.

I was a sales rep for a fortune 5 drug company. Car, 401K, paid vacation, etc. but my boss got meaner and younger with every reorganization. Last boss was a bitch from Chicago and I couldn't sleep for hating my job, so I started this. My plans were to get it going, hire a couple people to run it and get back into sales. 22 years later...guess I'm stuck.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I got in for the short hours, low stress, easy marketing, steady year round cash flow, cheap equipment purchases, easy to manage employees and unified industry leadership making it easy to grow and develop.

I got board selling pharmaceutical's, bought 2 janitorial cleaning accounts and five years later I am doing it full time and thankful that my hard work and God's blessing are making a nice life for our family.

I don't think I could ever willingly go back to corporate life. We have a blessed existence running our own companies.

I have met some of the most helpful and nicest people in these last 5 years.

Hope you all realize what a great industry this is.

Places like MB, SFS are rare in other industries.

Thanks

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I had been in and out of this business a bunch, and have been around the industry all my life. My reentering into the industry again was due to getting married to my wife with 3 girls and I needed some extra cash again. Didn't expect it to take off like it did again.

Here is another link to a similar post I did awhile ago.

Great to see what others have done!

http://mikeysboard.com/forum/showth...g-industry-Work-Hobbies&highlight=Mark+Saiger

Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom