Why Carpet Cleaning?

RF Johnson

Name
Chris Johnson
Hey everyone!

How's your day going so far? Name is Chris Johnson. New to the forum, just looking to spark some conversation. For the most part we're all professional carpet cleaners on this forum, wanted to ask all my fellow carpet cleaners one simple question:

"Why Carpet Cleaning!?" What do you love soo much about it? What type of satisfaction do you get when you complete a job and your customer gives you back nothing but positive feedback? Are you passionate about this or just doing it because it pays the bills?

Can't wait to hear all your responses!

- Chris

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
welcome and hope you like it here and feel free to jump right in!

While i am more of a janitor than a carpet cleaner i still like the carpet cleaning side because of customer satisfaction and like bob stated, instant gratification.

to tell you the truth i enjoy cleaning tile way more than cleaning carpet for sure!

Reactions: TomKing

RF Johnson

Name
Chris Johnson
lol. Yes, its the same reason we do this service as well. The satisfaction we get from pleasing our customers and the reactions we get after we complete our jobs.

RF Johnson

Name
Chris Johnson
I think customer satisfaction is number one on everyones list. The money isn't bad either, but I do agree with you, although tile and grout is harder work, it's more rewarding in soo many ways.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Welcome to the board!

Look forward to hearing more from you and about you here.

My family has been cleaning carpets forever, so naturally, I got involved somehow.

Love carpet cleaning! Love making people happy everyday and each day is a new adventure.

I was even band director as well for many years....and finally left that for good (I think....always being recruited there too)

Again, Great to see you here!

Lonny

Supportive Member
I like that most of my customers are happy with the results. I can see the results, good profit margins, and generally like the work.

Name
Lyon
Hey everyone!

How's your day going so far? Name is Chris Johnson. New to the forum, just looking to spark some conversation. For the most part we're all professional carpet cleaners on this forum, wanted to ask all my fellow carpet cleaners one simple question:

"Why Carpet Cleaning!?" What do you love soo much about it? What type of satisfaction do you get when you complete a job and your customer gives you back nothing but positive feedback? Are you passionate about this or just doing it because it pays the bills?

- Chris

I couldn't make it as a pimp and drug dealer, so I clean carpets, what other services can you charge over a hundred bucks an hour without an education.

Reactions: GCCLee

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Welcome. Thanks for jumping right in.
I got in because it is a service that people need over and over.
I prefer rugs and restoration. Higher profit. Unless I am making $200 an hour spraying protectant.

Reactions: Moser Brothers

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Yes to instant gratifaction, yes to good money, I love making my customers really happy- I've made friends with lots of them. I enjoy the physicality of it, the click of the sliding van door at the end of good day, the home runs when you nail them, time off when you plan it properly, the interaction with a ton of different of personalities, the doors it's opened to me, a big, fat wad of cheques from my commercial accounts in the mail,the tax advantages, working in one of the most beautiful areas of the world, -don't like my boss (me) he's a mean prick that makes me work hard and won't buy any bullshit about being sick, even if I am sick, but he's a great guy after work, the sales aspect as I close well, jobs above 20 floors as the views are awesome.
BUT

Most of all I love not being nailed to a desk. I know I would go completely postal if I had to sit in front of a computer screen all day, day in, day out.Getting out and about instead of Chavezing at a desk or out in the field is a no brainer.

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Yes to instant gratifaction, yes to good money, I love making my customers really happy- I've made friends with lots of them. I enjoy the physicality of it, the click of the sliding van door at the end of good day, the home runs when you nail them, time off when you plan it properly, the interaction with a ton of different of personalities, the doors it's opened to me, a big, fat wad of cheques from my commercial accounts in the mail,the tax advantages, working in one of the most beautiful areas of the world, -don't like my boss (me) he's a mean prick that makes me work hard and won't buy any bullshit about being sick, even if I am sick, but he's a great guy after work, the sales aspect as I close well, jobs above 20 floors as the views are awesome.
BUT

Most of all I love not being nailed to a desk. I know I would go completely postal if I had to sit in front of a computer screen all day, day in, day out.Getting out and about instead of Chavezing at a desk or out in the field is a no brainer.

funny post Willy...but ohh so true!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Worked for many other Industries before this and found ALL to take advantage of their employees in some form or fashion. I aint no dang pony boy.

So We cashed out and invested in ourselves.

Screw Corporate America! Thieving Bastards!

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Mikey P

Administrator
Welcome to MB Chris!

a few Qs if you don't mind..

• Who is your buddy in your avatar?
  • Is Residue Free that actual company name? Have you heard from Zerorez about that?
  • Do you use the winged planet as your logo on your vans and uniforms?
  • Have you considered grooming the carpet in one direction for your before and after shots?
  • Do you think perspective customers would like an About Us section on your website so they could get a feel about who is being sent out?
  • Is YEXT the new term for Blog?
  • Why all the #hashtags, does that do anything for you?
  • How long have you been in business?
  • How is business?
  • How did you find us?
  • Are those 999 like on Facebook creating much work for you?

Thanks for your time!!

Last edited:

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
Welcome welcome :)

Timing was everything for me then turns out I loved it (even cleaning with a portable,I didn't know better :p)
The income is great. Allows me to be flexible and do the other things I love.

sent via tapatalk.

cobra

Name
DJ Holland
I was in collections for 12 years. Got tired of chasing people down! Lol ! Oh well, right back in it!!! Now I am a rug sucker!

RF Johnson

Name
Chris Johnson
Hey Mikey!

How are you? No problem. I'm Chris. The marketing consultant of the company. I work along side Eric and Sean, the owners of both Residue Free and Refined Rug Restoration.

Residue Free is the actual company. We use carpet steam cleaning orange county as what we call, a push site for one of our main services we offer at Residue Free. It's more meant as an S.E.O and content driven site, but still converts into customers because we're solely focusing on one of our services.

And no, we haven't heard from Zero Rez. The concept is universal of being a residue free company, no rinsing agents, no soap left behind, no sticky residue. With the right chemicals, expertise, and equipment, anyone can achieve the same formula.

Yes, the wing planet is branded on our marketing collateral, uniforms, and vans.

As for the About Us. Agree with you. We are currently working on revisions to the site with our web developers. Just take a look at our push sites for the about us section. This is why we create them. Anytime customization and revisions at the click of a button. ht

Yext is a geo-targeted web directory service. I'm using the plug in to generate relevant content and media on the push sites. It will be embedded onto the main site as well.

#hashtags are used for visibility and current trend relevancy. Social Media talk! ; ) lol ...yes they increase impression base, viewership, and exposure.

Eric and Sean have been in business for over 12 years now, on the carpet side of the company.

Business is pretty solid with rug cleaning and rug repair right now. We house an in house facility were we use state of the art technology, knowledge of the trade, and a rug pit for all cleanings.

For our wall to wall carpet cleaning service, it's consistent, but if we we're more aggressive with our marketing efforts, it can turn to stable. We also offer natural stone cleaning services, so our priorities are in other areas right now with higher profitability. But carpet cleaning is still a high priority in our day to day operations.

We actually found you when someone mentioned Trunk Mount forums to us, when we looked up reputable carpet cleaning forums, you guys popped up.

Facebook is about building relationships and rapport, not selling. We like to show our work and day to day operations on our social media outlets for reference work, a customer service portal, and occasional ad campaigns. It's not as effective as we would want it to be from a channel for sales, but it's definately helping us out with brand awareness. We can easy show prospects we're to see our work if they want take a quick glimpse.

We plan on being more aggressive with our social media efforts, but in the mean time, priorities are some where else right now.

Thank for your time as well! And any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Have an amazing day Mikey!!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
From the website:
With over 20 years of experience and a certified staff of knowledgeable technicians, Carpet Steam Cleaning Orange County is your one stop shop for everything clean for your home or business.

Eric and Sean have been in business for over 12 years now, on the carpet side of the company.

So this is a combination of both them?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Chris,

First welcome to this forum. I can tell you will add great information for us. Due to your question you may enjoy this short video that answers your question. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPYeCltXpxw

Hey everyone!

- Chris

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Welcome Chris...it's called instant gratification...
plus the instant pay is a plus as well!

lol. Yes, its the same reason we do this service as well. The satisfaction we get from pleasing our customers and the reactions we get after we complete our jobs.

Yes to instant gratifaction, yes to good money, I love making my customers really happy- I've made friends with lots of them. I enjoy the physicality of it, the click of the sliding van door at the end of good day, the home runs when you nail them, time off when you plan it properly, the interaction with a ton of different of personalities, the doors it's opened to me, a big, fat wad of cheques from my commercial accounts in the mail,the tax advantages, working in one of the most beautiful areas of the world

You all sound like hookers !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom