Why do I ever need to HWE if I can ENCAP?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Want to trade me your Vortex for a Cimex?

I have an account I encap every month and still see a big difference when I HWE in the spring.

Maintenance Vs. Restorative cleaning.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
amazingcleansc said:
Why can't I encap forever?

I s'pose you could.
That's how they did it a generation ago...shampoo.

However, there's a reason HWE came to dominate the market in the last generation .
simply cause it proved to be a better "mouse trap"

..L.T.A.

A

amazingcleansc

I understand HWE is better. It definitely cleans deeper, no argument there. So WHY cant I encap forever?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Urine, feces, mold, impacted greasy soils & some customer's expectations of hoses through the door would be my top 5... That said, you can do more with VLM/Encapsulation than many give it credit for.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
because you won't live forever. :mrgreen:

As long as you educate your customer, you can. I did Chem Dry...not encap I know...and did plenty of accounts for years and had tons of repeats...it all depends on who is doing the work and how good you are with your customers.

I've played with the idea of running an encap truck.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I switched most of my commercial accounts to encap only and they couldn't be happier.

Encap only makes happy clients from my experience.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Depends on the type and amount of soil, and the carpet, and how good the in-house maintenance to say how long you can go before rinsing the crud out. If you can get away with blending soil and a slow enough degradation of the appearance to make it to the next replacement cycle you might not have to extract at all.

Of course if you get fired from jobs quick enough or quit when the crud gets thick you never have to extract either.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I'm doing more encapping. There are many times when it is the best option. I would not get rid of HWE, though. There are times - urine, heavy soil load, ect - where it is just quicker, easier, and just better to HWE.

A

amazingcleansc

So lets say I get a carpet clean by any means necessary (HWE, whatever). Then I get a good encapsulation program going. Would I ever need to HWE ever again?

A

amazingcleansc

carpetcleaner said:
Pet accidents, spilled milk, vomit, ect.

what about prespray/agitate, then waterclaw deodorizing, then then encapping over that?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
David,
The locals that do almost nothing but commercial work have said their rule of thumb is to extract first cleaning, encap no more than four times, extract, repeat.

They've found that on some jobs they could stretch the extraction interval farther, but they've found extracting the build-up gets exponentially more difficult if you wait too long, and customers get angry when it takes several repeated extraction cleanings to correct the problem.

I'm sure there are plenty of guys that will have stories about the department store they've been encapping for three years before encap was introduced, but those are exceptions.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I say HWE is overrated.(at least for commercial)

I have places I pad encap only.

Just did one tonight.

They don't want to ever go back to HWE.

Some of these guys that put down encapping are closet encapers and they don't want their competition to find out what a problem solver it is.

Lots of encap only franchise starting up.

JDS87

I prefer to HWE after the 4th encap. If getting a new client it's best to start out with HWE and then do the next
4 encaps followed by HWE.

You can do as you wish because it is your client and your business.

A

amazingcleansc

ive encapped things that i tried hwe'ing the HELL out of and encapping looked better hands down.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I clean 2 high end wine bar/fancy food places. They are both owned by the same owner. Same menu, same volume of business. I have been cleaning them every 6 weeks for years. I vacuum, prespray, prescrub, HWE. They clean up great but, 6 weeks later they l
look bad. I started encapping one and still HWE on the other one. The encapped one got easier to clean after the 2nd cleaning and stays looking much better.

I'm using a rotary to encap, I was using OP with a pad in the past. Works great, but it is slower than HWE.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I'll start by saying that HWE is absolutely the best way to flush the greatest quantity of soil from a carpet in a single shot!

That being said, if a commercial carpet is well maintained on a regular basis with a good encap system - HWE can be pushed back pretty far. We have many accounts that have not seen HWE in years. Yes, yes, yes, I know the rhetoric... the mills recommend that HWE should be done at regular intervals. It's generally suggested that the carpet receives HWE on a yearly basis. That's certainly an excellent suggestion. However if the carpet is WELL MAINTAINED with a good encap system, there may not be a need for such frequent HWE intervals. So close monitoring of the carpet should be part of the equation.

With a good encap program - HWE can effectively be referred to as the "INTERIM METHOD". The carpet can be well-maintained on a routine basis if a good encapsulation program is in place. And then on an interim basis, HWE can be provided as needed. As many professional cleaners are seeing, if the encap program is a good one, the intervals of HWE can be extended.

If you plan to rely on encap as your main system for commercial maintenance you'll need to routinely evaluate the carpet to determine that the carpet is in good condition and that the soil is being managed as intended. You should plan to inspect the carpet closely all the way down to the backing. You will also still need to have HWE at your disposal for flushing any bio-contaminants that may occur. And you'll need to use HWE whenever the carpet needs an interim flushing. A good encapsulation program along with occasional HWE whenever it may be required is a good way to go for commercial carpet care.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom