Why Do Mills Not Approve Encap?

dantraub

RIP
Name
Dan Traub
I have a carpet store owner client who sells a lot of commercial carpet . O.P., cylindrical brush or counter-rotating brush cleaning is diffeent from spin pad cleaning, and: B) That it is not harmful to carpet and won't void warranties. However, all the mills on CRI's site only endores extration. Whats up with that?

Greenie

dantraub said:
O.P., cylindrical brush or counter-rotating brush cleaning is diffeent from spin pad cleaning, and: B) That it is not harmful to carpet

Who says?

Techs damage carpet, not machines...especially commercial carpet.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Well Shaw makes an encap product. They think encap is fine for maintenance as long as it has an HWE component in the overall program.

Tandus (C&A) loves encap they just don't like the Cimex machine.

While HWE may be the most thorough cleaning it is difficult to stay within most budgets doing HWE only.

A good tech can use a variety of methods and tools.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I think if you checked with mills that make commercial carpet they would say something akin to what Bill said. Use it as an interim appearance management method.

Since specialized carpet cleaners are a small part of the cleaning service sector, and a smaller percentage are any better than the average institutional cleaner, the mills have to go with the method most likely to remove carpet damaging soil without having the operator screw the carpet up in the process. Although tip bloom and other agitation related probems are often quoted as a reason to avoid rotary brush or bonnet cleaning I've run into more problems caused by the accumulated gunk left from multiple high-residue, no-rinse cleanings. From my experience working with institutional cleaners I'd say they are more likely to damage a carpet using any method but HWE, so I can understand why a mill isn't going to OK no-rinse as a primary method.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I think that statement was made as a joke, but who really knows? Anyone weird enough to spend as much time vacuuming (FORWARD, no less) as he does can't be running on all 8 cylinders.

Back
Top Bottom