why do you do this

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'd pretty much pissed everyone else off and had to come up with some way to support myself that didn't require interpersonal skills.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
where else can dumb azz with a 10th grade education (me) have the potential to make so much money?
(legally) :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I'm a hothead who does not take well to people telling me what to do.

You wouldn't believe how many jobs I have "Fired" over the years because they thought they could BOSS me around.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
My parents did this crap so I just naturally fell into it. Oh I was a Rebel early on but I could make more money on weekend cleaning carpets than what I made the whole week at other jobs.

Plus, I just can't work for someone else. I love the freedom and the challenge and the fact that there is really no limit as to what I can accomplish owning my own business.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I been asked to do other things, but if did I wouldn't be able to hangout with you fine people...................................................unless I worked at an insane asylum! :wink:

tim

I had a sucessful cleaning service that had clients wanting to know who I recommended to clean carpets. Everytime I suggested someone they would say "Nah, I have tried them". Did some checking and realized this market was woefully short on quality carpet cleaners. I saw an opportunity and acted. What keeps me cleaning instead of hiring it done is the unexpected enjoyment I get from cleaning and the sense of accomplishment I dont get with my other businesses. (I know, it surprised me too)

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I was successful as a joiner, but had to pull out due to asthma. Day was running a CC operation and so I joined him for a year till I worked out what I wanted to do.

That was 10 years ago... he sold his business in 2000 so I relocated and started my own.

I love the flexibility it gives me. and the income is as good or better than what i could earn elsewhere while I still maintain that flexibility.

John

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I researched the industry and wanted to start a business that my son wouldn't be abused in. I have seen how peoplewho are uneducated get treated in the workplace and didn't want tht for my son. When I had my 3rd son it came to me hat I needed to be flexible and I looked at my billing and said I can be home most hours and still make a hun a year.

Now I am glad I am CC and I realize your not all morons like I thought and am hoping my son can compete with you guys

Name
Bruce
Greg if your son has half the motivation you seem to have , he will do just fine.

My story? it would take up to much text so I'll just say "I have no idea why"

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I ain't talented enough in anything else to make what I do. After relocating I worked 8 months for someone and realized I had to quit listening to the man and biteing my lip when he beat people over the head because he was'nt getting his bonus. Best thing I ever did. Get a job, Quit, and restart my business. We are all really so blessed! :)

-JB-

Name
JB
Naively enough... when I took my first job doing it, I THOUGHT it would get me outta havin' to deal with money as a part of the job :roll:

It did.

Back when I didn't make any.

Dealing with moneys not so bad after all I guess.:mrgreen:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
got into it from night janitorial.
after working for a dept store cleaning busn and learning how NOT to clean, went out on my own, perfect EMyth story. Good tech, lousy at busn. I sure found out fast.
Now, I stay in it because I like the work, dealing with clients, the time off when needed, decent money. I like seeing a job well done.
There is also the continued learning and ability to help others, the creativeness to come up with better ways.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
An old duffer I know got me a job at a cleaning company. He told me I needed to quit the restaurant business. He said if I got into cleaning I would make enough money to support a family and buy a small house someday, and maybe drive a nice looking used car.

nickreal

OK, here goes. Don't get your feelings hurt guys, but.....

I thought "any dummy can clean carpet it's not that hard. I'll buy a business hire a guy to clean carpet and I'll just rake in the money". It turns out there's a little more to it than "wet and jet" but I'm getting the hang of it. I got a pretty good cleaning tech right now who just got out of the navy and he's picking things up pretty well. He doesn't clean as fast as I'd like him to but he's getting better. I'm learning a lot about owning a business too.

rick imby

Name
Rick
I just love walking out of a house with a carpet I know is clean. And if I have a good bit of cash in my fist that is even better.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I figure if I'm going to hang out here, I should atleast clean carpets for a living, atleast I wouldn't be like ChuckEE!

RIP IT

Name
Chris
Got sick of being a computer engineer and wanted a job that had shorter hours, paid more and gave me the freedom to play golf every Wednesday.

G

federal witness relocation after two years the checks stopped coming so I had to get a real job

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Decided on cc business after 34 years in restaurants. Example this holiday weekend, I was off T-day (only 3rd one in my entire adult like) 2 jobs Friday, off Sat & Sun. I would have worked 50 hours in those 4 days in the restaurant business. I worked 6 on Friday and made the same dough.

And I love the feeling that I did a good job on the way out and most of the time get told so, rarety in the restaurant business.

Larry I'm glad you cleared up the 10th grade dum ars thing I thought you were talking about pork boy!

C

cucu

just got of the boat and needed a job......14years later need to make money to get the boat back

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
We had a maid service/janitorial company for years. From the age of 19 to the age of 26 I treaded water with that. At 26 I finally had my epiphany, got hold (to a limited degree) of my pride, and learned to actually serve people. This business has totally changed my family's life. Oh sure, I'm still more or less broke - but I'm broke with better opportunities for myself and my kids. No matter what the future holds I will always be profoundly grateful to this industry.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
BLewis said:
Larry I'm glad you cleared up the 10th grade dum ars thing I thought you were talking about pork boy!

I believe Poke-Chop actually has a college degree, Billy
Imagine that....... :roll:

On a serious note, I'm glad you're back in the saddle after that horrific crash and wish you nothing but the best

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom