Why Does it Matter soooo much to you?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It just seems like guys from across the country care way too much about how some other guy on the other side of the country runs his business. Is it an ethics thing...does the Rep of one effect us all?

I can see something like doing illegal stuff might get someone to say something but even then it's nunnyo bidness.

So why does it matter so much?
If the guy isn't going to prison the chances are he is doing nothing wrong.
When you get a crappy burger from McDonald's (which is what always happens) you don't have Red Robin out front with picket signs telling them to improve their burgers do you?

I like to fraternize with cleaners better than myself and I come to Mikey's Board to get the scoop on the "new and improved" but I'm not going to bash a guy for the "hack" status or whatever...unless he really wants my opinion...then I'm happy to help.

Again, why does it matter so much to you?

Is because your insecurities cause you to lash out at others instead of looking at yourself? Is it because you are ashamed of what you've done in life that screwing with others make you feel like a quicky hero?
Are you trying to become something you're not on a bulletin board that DGAS?

Again Again...Why does is matter sooooo much to you that other do things YOUR way?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Perhaps it's like experiencing the frustration that HONEST used car salesman must feel when they hear the horror stories and see the automatic distrust in people because so many have hurt the public perception of used car salesman that the entire industry is tainted by that rep. Our industry isn't far behind, and I think it's important we hold each other and ourselves to standards of ethicality in our dealings with the public and business models which are less than upfront. Technical knowledge and training....and more importantly the drive to put knowledge to work to put out good results over time is horrible with the huge majority of our industry.

In short, I don't like the way shoddy and/or shady companies make MY industry look to the general public and I want to raise the public perception of our industry in general, to the benefit of all.

Take care,
Lisa

joe harper

Name
joe harper
truckmount girl said:
Perhaps it's like experiencing the frustration that HONEST used car salesman must feel when they hear the horror stories and see the automatic distrust in people because so many have hurt the public perception of used car salesman that the entire industry is tainted by that rep. Our industry isn't far behind, and I think it's important we hold each other and ourselves to standards of ethicality in our dealings with the public and business models which are less than upfront. Technical knowledge and training....and more importantly the drive to put knowledge to work to put out good results over time is horrible with the huge majority of our industry.

In short, I don't like the way shoddy and/or shady companies make MY industry look to the general public and I want to raise the public perception of our industry in general, to the benefit of all.

Take care,
Lisa

You can't put it any SIMPLER than that..."Well Said"... :!:

HOWEVER....It will go "Right OVER his Head".... :(

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HOWEVER....It will go "Right OVER his Head"....

Nahhh..I even mentioned it in the initial post

Brian Wrote
Is it an ethics thing...does the Rep of one effect us all?

I think Lisa put it very well.

I do think that every industry has it's "high" end and "low" end.

Grocery...your local quality market or...Walmart

Steak....Sizzler....or your local steak house like Texas Land and Cattle

Cars....Kia......BMW (as stated in another thread)

Does one hurt the rep of another...or does it help the rep of another? You can look at it both ways
"I would never buy a piece of crap Kia"
I" would never buy a pretentious car like a BMW"

"I would never use a franchise like Stanley" Maybe because it's the walmart of cleaning?
"I would never use a local guy like Connoisseur" Maybe because they don't want to pay the price?

I think I'm getting off topic.

Why would someone care if the other guy uses a V while they are happy with portable?
Or whether a guy in encap or HWE?
Or whether guy charges by the foot or room
Or whether they advertise low prices and then upsale
Or whether or not they deal with priceshoppers
Yada yada

All things being the best they can be...why do they care if it is different?
Like racism...people fear what they don't associate with or have no knowledge of.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
truckmount girl said:

Take care,
Lisa

Very nicely put, Lisa, however wouldn't you agree that perhaps not everyone has the same motivation as you?

G

Brian , if you are talking about the way you are doing business with your network , Lisa's post applies to you. If your talking about others using deceptive and shady methods to attract business , her post applies.

Honest , hard work pays off. Taking shortcuts designed to screw over honest folks usually blow up in your face.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
James Cooper said:
Brian , if you are talking about the way you are doing business with your network , Lisa's post applies to you. If your talking about others using deceptive and shady methods to attract business , her post applies.

Honest , hard work pays off. Taking shortcuts designed to screw over honest folks usually blow up in your face.

No, smart honest work pays off as well. It's the hard workers, not working smart that get so upset because someone else surpasses them without breaking a sweat.

if you are talking about the way you are doing business with your network
No I wasn't...But do you care to elaborate?

G

oh , I'm sorry , it must have been some other Brian I was thinking about that got run by google.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
James Cooper said:

Brian..."is like arguing with a DrUnK wOmEn"....it is a WASTE of TIME.... :roll:

I am convinced his "IssUeS"...are Genetic.... :(

EDIT family is OFF LIMITS

G

Great picture Harper , but all fun aside , Brian is trying to build a referral network in cities across the U.S. That means his intentions are to come to a city near you. Now suppose one of Bri's network members supplant all your hard work you have done on your site and it costs you money? Of course if Brian is doing it the right way, thats on you. But if he is doing it on the shady side , its gonna piss you off.

The question is , just what happened with google ?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
James Cooper said:
care to elaborate ?

It was someone else screwing with me that did it. Google had to respond either way.
I'm fine now.

Back to the thread at hand.

If the business is being run honestly...theoretically...

Why do you care how someone else is running their business?....just because it is different from yours.

Especially when you have no idea how they are running their business and it stems from your own screwed up misconceptions.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FCC said:
Brian you wouldn't be playing victim cause you ran out of post ideas to keep your links/ sig in constant view would you? :wink:

No and no.

I should have just mentioned the thread that got me thinking.

Why is it that as soon as I put a banner in my sig line THEN people start accusing me of posting so much to promote myself?
What was my reason for posting too much for the last 2 years?
Jeese. :roll:

G

Brian R said:
[quote="James Cooper":3ujdjd0x]care to elaborate ?

It was someone else screwing with me that did it. Google had to respond either way.
I'm fine now.

Why do you care how someone else is running their business?....just because it is different from yours.

Especially when you have no idea how they are running their business and it stems from your own screwed up misconceptions.[/quote:3ujdjd0x]

Misconceptions can come from lack of information. Just how did someone screw with you on google ? Google isn't just arbitrary when it makes decisions, they have a process they go through to confirm any alleged violations . If you were removed or penalized , explain just how it happened if you were doing nothing wrong. Thanks in advance for clearing this up.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
James Cooper said:
[quote="Brian R":2pqxld95][quote="James Cooper":2pqxld95]care to elaborate ?

I'm fine now.

Especially when you have no idea how they are running their business and it stems from your own screwed up misconceptions.[/quote:2pqxld95]

Misconceptions can come from lack of information. Just how did someone screw with you on google ? Google isn't just arbitrary when it makes decisions, they have a process they go through to confirm any alleged violations . If you were removed or penalized , explain just how it happened if you were doing nothing wrong. Thanks in advance for clearing this up.[/quote:2pqxld95]

As soon as someone flagged my account, Google responded. But I'm ok now because they found nothing wrong.
There were other issues of flagging every review that I've ever gotten but that's a whole other story.

G

Brian R said:
[quote="James Cooper":ddoq4ijn]so putting bogus addresses on google had nothing to do with it ?

Yes, it does. :lol:
I believe that's what started that whole thing.[/quote:ddoq4ijn]

And who put those bogus addresses on there ?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
James Cooper said:
[quote="Brian R":hsd9hbsd][quote="James Cooper":hsd9hbsd]so putting bogus addresses on google had nothing to do with it ?

Yes, it does. :lol:
I believe that's what started that whole thing.[/quote:hsd9hbsd]

And who put those bogus addresses on there ?[/quote:hsd9hbsd]

Well..now...define "bogus"
I purchased many of those addresses and then Google listed them...I claimed them...but I guess that makes me Satan...whatever.
Other addresses are my residence...but I hid the address because I don't need a pissed priceshopper knocking on my doorr...this includes Harper.

Other addresses are real but for the same reason I don't allow mine to be seen...they are hidden. Yes, places of business.

Google says not to list addresses that are false or PO boxes...I've done neither.

Is this going to turn into another 5 page pissing contest thread?
I asked a fairly simple question which up till now, only Lisa has answered.

Anyone else?

G

nah , your good. I was just curious and you settled that . I learned something on what not to do and it seems you did too. Great idea with the network BTW.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I couldn't care less how someone runs their business. If they run it well and honestly they will likely succeed, if they don't the market will let them know.

Lisa it is not your inustry- Jeff said the same thing a couple years ago and I called him on that as well.

A McDonalds burger right up to Ruth's Chris burger are great examples Brian and I think went right to the heart of it.

I believe what Lisa is talking about are B & S tactics or unscrupulous operators (of which I have nno idea of the count), and had nothing to do with how I read your question.

Ken

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Re: Why Does it Matter so much to you?

A lot of the problem is that you are dealing with self employed carpet cleaners.

The same qualities than promoted them to become self employed.

(Braggarts, my way is the best, chest pounders, loud, outgoing, not scared to speak up , etc...)

Are also, why they can be hard to deal with on the boards to see a better idea or way of doing things.

If they were meek, not self assured and could be led like sheep.

They would of never taken the steps to be self employed and likely would be in some gov desk job.

Anyway they love the board drama so they stir the pot.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
it is MY industry, YOUR industry, Cooper's industry and everyone's industry who is a part of it.

What I spoke of didn't refer to type of equipment (Kia to Rolls Royce), it referred to business practices, models and poor technical work which plague our industry and ruin public trust for all. CERTAINLY a good, honest cleaner can overcome that distrust and once they have won the trust and respect the client is highly unlikely to go elsewhere, these are the cleaners who after, 3-5 years are running 95%+ repeats and referrals.

But you know, no matter if you're an Olympic class swimmer, it's no fun to swim in a pool full of sewage. We need to work on cleaning our pool.

Take care,
Lisa

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I can appreciate that Lisa- I just don't believe it related to Brian's post but that really is for him to determine I guess.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Re: Why Does it Matter so much to you?

You can't police the world.

The riff raff will always be here.

Most will fall off. Since their model is self defeating and the cream will rise to the top.

Darwin found this out with animals it also works with businesses

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Btw Brian I like to imbibe in a mcdonalds big mack once in a while and even a white castle slider at 6 for $10. Good Eats for sure at that price.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I see Lisa's point and I think Ken is right...at the same time.

Lisa, the whole point of being an Olympic swimmer is to rise above the sewage and swim in your own pool...usually with other Olympic swimmers.

But alas, not my point in this thread.

It just seems like some guys really want other guys to do it their way...right or right.
IE: "You said this so do it like this because that's the way I do it because of this."

"My Diablow is better than your Ninja and you suck because I suck harder."

"My carpet looks cleaner than yours because I did a helluva lot more to get there."

"I spent 2 hours and made more money than your 12 hours so you need to change to make the change."

"My weeney is shorter but it's a fighter, yours is bigger but just lays there...are you sure it's an honest weeney? I'm scared of your weeney because I've never seen a weeny quite like that before."

You get the idea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom