Why dont poeple just talk subject out rather than letting

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
it turn into a big deal?

Take for example the deal with Marty and Judson. i bet if marty would of just called les and told him he was going with another manufacturer les would have just worked it out. i dont know the whole story just what i just read but i think it would of been alot easier to just talk it out instead of burning a bridge you might need later down the road. but thats just me and i cant go to sleep so i am making a bunch of posts.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ask Scott Moody.

Marty had Scott remove a post he made about seeing him at TCS buying a machine a few days after Marty told Les that the deal fell through for his Vortex money.

Marty had Les order up all sorts of stuff, electric reel, heater, water well transfer pump, heater etc. Told him he needed it asap. Money was transferred and in the bank! Les canceled his trip to Connections and paid out of pocket $480 to get Merty's stuff in asap.

Then all of a sudden the deal is mysteriously off on his vortex and yet he is at TCS buying a machine just days later.

What ever, Les is far better off not having an asshole like Marty as a customer.

Reactions: Jimmy L
No offense to Accelerated or TCS but the machines have way too much vibration. The judson C4 has nada.

Marty fooked up big time on that purchase imo. Joey if you read this Marty bought a V to service mainly one account. What does that tell you? You said he sold his V and bought a TCS so he must know what he is doing. Not exactly.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Like I said, I have a TCS, no vibration.. But I didnt know les when i bought mine. I was on a both strict budget. They are both good machines. customer sevice is great at both places, except LEs is much more personable. Les figured me up a quote as well. I havent decided what to get yet, but i didnt have him order me parts lol

Cameron1

Mikey P said:
Ask Scott Moody.

Marty had Scott remove a post he made about seeing him at TCS buying a machine a few days after Marty told Les that the deal fell through for his Vortex money.

Marty had Les order up all sorts of stuff, electric reel, heater, water well transfer pump, heater etc. Told him he needed it asap. Money was transferred and in the bank! Les canceled his trip to Connections and paid out of pocket $480 to get Merty's stuff in asap.

Then all of a sudden the deal is mysteriously off on his vortex and yet he is at TCS buying a machine just days later.

What ever, Les is far better off not having an asshole like Marty as a customer.

Man....that"s just plain low down. Marty would not do that.......would he?

Fest up Marty. Step up to the plate. Man up and tell us what happened.

Name
Nate W.
Mikey P said:
Ask Scott Moody.

Maybe I should ask Marty to tell he boy Scott Moody, have he pops Ray pay up the money he said he would. I knew he wouldn't. They jerry-rigged the Cimex tank so it wouldn't leak till later. I always thought "southern men" we men of their word, obvious not in this case.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Man, you guys are good. You all have managed to cut through all the lies and drama and get right to the truth. Yes, I called Les and asked him to purchase "thousands of dollars" worth of extra equipment to put on a rig I ordered on a "done deal" knowing all the while that I was going with TCS. Further more, I sold the V a month prior and had already made up my mind to purchase a TCS unit.

I did all of this because I love talking to mfgs to see just how much free stuff they will offer me.

Les was the winner of that contest by "thousands of dollars."

I even got him to do all of this over the phone with no deposit and no paperwork signed.

Tell ME I'm not good!

If any of you guys want a great deal and need to make your favorite mfg. jump through hoops, just give me a call. For a small fee ... :roll:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Les ordered a tank for a unit he knew I "might" purchase. I told him not to order that tank because I was not sure I would purchase at that time and his response to me was he needed one in stock anyway. How a call inquiring about a price got to be a "done deal" is beyond my ability to understand.

Mikey P

Administrator
I'll have to let Les take over at this point cause I'm hearing a totally different story.

Normally I wouldn't give a shit but seeing how Merty was willing to screw over two of my advertisers (Les and Duane) over this deal I stuck my big nose in to get to the bottom of this pig pen.

Mikey P

Administrator
Marty,

I know Les Jones very well.

I have never ever caught him in any lie of any sorts. He bends over backwards to help ANYBODY, customer or not. He has a passion for this industry that can't be matched but by a rare few. His emotions can get the best of him in print at times but I would much rather have him on MB than a bunch of dry humorless just in it for the buck used car salesmen that this industry seams to be plagued with. He was going to go all out on your set up and I believe every word he says about this transaction.

I was involved in your recent TM purchase because you dragged me into with a phone call inquiring about what reel I use on my C4. Les never told me about your deal, you did.
You admitted that you were going to go back on your deal with Duane, (who you told that if he sold your Vortex you would buy one of his, and you wanted Les to cover that up for you) so if you were willing to screw a long time friend like Duane why shouldn't I believe you would do the same to Les?

Is this a witch hunt Marty?

No, just calling a pig a pig is all.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ummm...the smell of bacon in the morning!
:lol:

Pigs never lie, Porkchop may have insinuated he was buying it but I doubt he placed the order.

I feel for Les though, everyone makes it sound like they are buying, but most of that is only talk and you can't trust talk until you see the money.

Usually that money comes from someone who was not even talking about buying, but some guy out of the blue just decided to buy.

Reactions: ronbeatty

Scott Rogers

Mikey P said:
Marty,

I know Les Jones very well.

I have never ever caught him in any lie of any sorts.

Who said Les lied? The problem is people hear only what they want to hear.

As far as Duane goes, I know for a fact he knows a deal is only a deal once the cash hits the bank. He has been through this exact senerio with the Moody's when he thought he had a deal, started building the machine then they backed out and bought a El Diablo instead.

I have no doubt Les thought he had a deal, and I also have no doubt Marty never committed to the deal. Till a contract is signed or deposit is received there is no deal.

The reason Marty likely went with TCS, he has had a long standing relationship with them. The treated him right in the past, and he has purchased multiple machines from them. He was comfortable with them.

Scott Rogers

Mikey P said:
Like I said, I'll let Les give his reason of why he believed this was a done deal, (electric reel, water well) and all.

Like I said, Les probably did believe the deal was done. People sometimes only hear what the want to hear. You and I included. But until the deposit is in hand or contract signed there is no deal period. anything else is hopefully thinking.

It is unfortunate this played out, but it did. Les will live, this is hardly a threat to his business. Even Duane survived after he built the moody's machine. Sometimes this is part of business. Im sure you have had customers call and book a job then cancel on you last minute right? No point in dragging it out any longer. It is what it is. Life will go on!!

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm perfectly fine with letting it go Scott.

I'm not fine with Merty telling people that I'm making this all up for ratings.

I'll let Les tell his side and then I'll shut this thread down for good.

hogjowl

Idiot™
That IS why you're doing this. Don't forget, before I quit, I was in the back rooms and I know exactly how you operate. The thing that has me really sad about all this is you have apparently convinced Les of something that never played out the way you are presenting it. And, to try and drag Duane into it is really despicable ... even for you.

Carry on Mike. Folks will one day figure you out.

Reactions: Jimmy L
F

FB7777

I don't need "Les's side" nor does anyone else

just as its already been stated in this thread... A deal is not a deal until a contract to purchase or a non refundable deposit has been made

Les has been at this long enough to not handle a business transaction professionally and if he purchased anything on the implied intent of a customer then thats on him

Reactions: ronbeatty

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom