Why don't some of the other manufacturers come here?

Bob Foster

And thank you very much to those of you that do!

Bill Bruders comes on here and interacts with us with mutual benefit
John Labarbara and family do
So does Dwayne Oxley
Joe Bristor
Clark Lancaster
Nick from RotoVac
Eric
TechnoViking
Lots of others too!

Why is it that we don't ever seem to get any direct interaction from Butler or Hydramaster or Prochem?

I don't mean any of disrespect to these manufacturers as their distributors often contribute instead but it would be nice to hear from key people in these organizations direct. It's actually everyone's loss that they don't.

They skeered?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Bob Foster said:
And thank you very much to those of you that do!

Bill Bruders comes on here and interacts with us with mutual benefit
John Labarbara and family do
So does Dwayne Oxley
Joe Bristor
Clark Lancaster
Nick from RotoVac
Eric
TechnoViking
Lots of others too!

Why is it that we don't ever seem to get any direct interaction from Butler or Hydramaster or Prochem?

I don't mean any of disrespect to these manufacturers as their distributors often contribute instead but it would be nice to hear from key people in these organizations direct. It's actually everyone's loss that they don't.

They skeered?
yous guys always gots me......i ain't askerrt!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Butler has always been a very private company and does not participate on any bulletin boards. This is their right and I can't imagine it has anything to do with being scared.

G

Gnu

I guarantee that they do. under bogus names. I am sure they are stealing ideas from forums. But not ever making any input. There are alot of great ideas being pirated from here uspcn, ***, and the list goes on. I would sell most of my ideas to the highest bidder. lol But they better bring a fat wallet.

Back on topic/ I think manufactureres forget about customer service. They should continue to make connections with their customers. Its our personal policy as cc''ers to do follow-ups with our customers. And to keep them happy and loyal. Man if they only knew better customer service.

And thanks to all those suppliers and manufactureres who do participate in forums. :arrow:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Have you seen the way some here act towards others....let along distributors?

You can be the best at what you do...then screw up once or twice (they call that being human) and someone's going to jump all over them.
This would happen that much more if they participated and stuck their neck out. I can't blame them.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Larry Cobb participates and helps when asked.

I see some of the others lurking who NEVER post. I figure the ones who have something to hide know who they are.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
The amount of cleaners in the world vs the amount that actually visit the BB's is probably at 3-5% realistically. I agree that the BB's are great sources of information, text book, and real world info. But for anyone here to think that they're(manufacturers) really hurting by not participating here or any other BB.... well you're a moron. Because the BB's are NOT their target audience.

Bob Foster

I think the statistics are much higher if you include the lurkers who are influenced by what is posted on them.

BB's are more influential than the rags. Especially because they are more interactive.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Less the 1/10th of 1% of the cleaners in the world participate on Internet message boards. The ones that do are mostly Internet bullies that have nothing better to do then try to tear someone down. I understand this dynamic because I was already twisted before I found the Internet, but a coporate entity sees nothing but negative in
participating in frivolous slander and back stabbing. You only need to read your list to figure out why they don't come.

harryhides

Name
Tony

So John, I guess that Maths wasn't your strong suit eh?

Lets assume there are 50,000 - 100,000 carpet cleaners on this continent and far fewer than that are Company owners say 30,000. 1% of that would be 300 to 1,000 and one tenth of that figure would be 30 to 100, right ?

:mrgreen:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Bob Foster said:
I think the statistics are much higher if you include the lurkers who are influenced by what is posted on them.

BB's are more influential than the rags. Especially because they are more interactive.

How do you know they've been influenced by what is said here ? I hang out at John's store a lot, and just talk shop with everyone, and throw ideas off the people that come in there, or help the newbie/BDCCs. Anytime I mention the BB's I never get something positive said about them.

I'm not trying to diss this place, hell I love this board. But the honest to God truth is the majority of people that are out there, that are successful think the BB's are nothing but a bunch of Chatty Cathys with ego problems.

Yes we're blessed to have some of the people we have here. Be thankful you've been able to help those you have, and the help that you've received. Yes the internet has made it easier to transfer information and communicate.

Mikey P

Administrator
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
The amount of cleaners in the world vs the amount that actually visit the BB's is probably at 3-5% realistically. I agree that the BB's are great sources of information, text book, and real world info. But for anyone here to think that they're(manufacturers) really hurting by not participating here or any other BB.... well you're a moron. Because the BB's are NOT their target audience.

John Olsen on Hoodydinx IPHONE

leesenter

I would say a 5-10% of my students in IICRC classes have been to these bulletin boards.
I do far more non-IICRC carpet cleaning classes and almost all the students in them have no idea there is such a thing as a carpet cleaning bulletin board.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
John is pretty close- almost none of the members of any boards have more than a few posts- the few dozens or even 100 or so tha do are the addicts.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Could you imagine a more PITA customer than a poster on this board.... well informed, asks alot of questions, knows the market, has access to your competition, and has a ready audience for when things go wrong.

There are easier marks out there.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I speak with a ton of carpet cleaners and most never even mention the boards.
Jon Don mails out to 75,000
That should give a good idea of how many cleaners are in the US.
Yes, I know not all of the 75,000 are carpet cleaners but they ARE their demographic as should be the board's.

ascrubabove

Only 1 out of about 12 other carpet cleaners in my neck of the woods is a member here, and he gives me a call/ refers work to me once in a while, I would not tell the "others" about this place if my life depended on it!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
harryhides said:

So John, I guess that Maths wasn't your strong suit eh?

Lets assume there are 50,000 - 100,000 carpet cleaners on this continent and far fewer than that are Company owners say 30,000. 1% of that would be 300 to 1,000 and one tenth of that figure would be 30 to 100, right ?

:mrgreen:
And how many actully post or even visit more then once
?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Just so my post is taken in the right context bob asked and I answered honestly. I love each and everyone of you arrogant, pessimistic, antagonist. A-holes :) I even have the ink to prove it's forever!

harryhides

Name
Tony
John, I agree that most do not post but if you go to the Members link up above and check the Post count of the members here there are 337 that have posted over 100 times. Ten times that number would be 3,370 which is way to high to be considered 1% of the total.
But that could easily be the combined number of Lurkers on all Boards which would be more like 10% of the market.

I doubt many cleaners tell their competitors about the Boards and few Supplier do either.

Mikey P

Administrator
45 or so cleaners in my hood-eldink, And 5 of them are on here.

And they all found the BB's themselves.

Sent from my DROID2

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Ken Snow said:
John is pretty close- almost none of the members of any boards have more than a few posts- the few dozens or even 100 or so tha do are the addicts.

Wanna start Forums Anonymous?

Oh crap... I used my real name....

Lisa

I know of one guy that is always talking about ***. I wouldn't tell him about MB either. I think he wants to come here, but he is affraid. :lol:

I guess he has been brainwashed how bad this place is.

He was talking about getting an EL DIABLO like we talk about getting a JUDSON.

He is a nice guy though and eventually I will lead him to the promise land.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Bob Foster said:

I actually get more qualified leads, and sales, from the articles I write in Cleanfax than on anything I do on-line. I get more sales with teleseminars than webinars. I get more sales with direct mail than internet marketing. I get more sales with a classroom of people than direct mail. I track everything. =)

There is A LOT of noise in the world right now, and a lot of distractions, and people who keep busy with electronic this and that...but getting them to go from hanging out here and chatting up things, and actually pulling out a credit card to BUY something - that's a big task to achieve especially in this day and age when very few people can sit still without pulling out their phone to check emails, texts, calls.

It's a crazy busy world!

But my point is... though there is more interaction and fun here... making that mean there is more influence here, more than print media, I think that is VERY difficult to measure definitively. Perhaps with an XRF machine............

I have fun here though...when you aren't busting my chops...
:shock:

Lisa

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
If the membership were significantly increased, with many members sharing the same service area, I wonder whether we would see a difference in the free flow of helpful information?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
dgardner said:
If the membership were significantly increased, with many members sharing the same service area, I wonder whether we would see a difference in the free flow of helpful information?

Is the evolution to that point in time inevitable?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom