G

I run specials for-
LvgRm, DnRm, and Hall for
$85.

and sometimes $79.99

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Yes, it’s a sad state of affairs. The average price for cleaning is close to what it was 15 or 20 years ago. Not everyone can be a top dollar high end cleaner but the first step is making your pricing profitable regardless of the competition.

G

FCC said:
Hell that is expensive...why not $49 like the dipshit that just beat me out of a job with this pricing schedule:

$49 for 3 areas
$59 Sofa and Chair
$69 for 5 areas
$89 Ranch (no stairs)whole house (6 areas and halls)
$99 Entire house (7 areas,hall, stairs, deodorizer)
$124.95 Premium package(7 areas,hall, stairs, deodorizer, Carpet Protector)

there are easier ways for me to go broke besides working. He is doing 13 rooms in a 3 story house for $225 (furniture has to be moved per homeowner)

Wow due that bites!! Did a 2400 sqft single level house yesterday; 1700 of it carpet; $269 Just carpet cleaning Berber.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
3 rooms equal about 300sqft...esp if going around furniture

at 30 cents it's only $90.00

I would do it for that.

Bigger rooms, maybe the same if not too dirty.

I don't charge more for dirty jobs, I just don't give deals at that point.

Mikey P

Administrator
The Kirby lady had a bed room (go around the bed, night stands and chest of drawers, a small hall and a 480 foot living room that needed all 6 stuffed chairs, end tables, sofa and plants moved. And a stair case. 25 years old and has been cleaned twice.

Dust was 1/2 thick around every edge.

$100 Terri?

Greenie

Annual sales divided by 2000 hrs = avg. you are worth per working hour. You decide your value.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rjfdube said:
Wow due that bites!! Did a 2400 sqft single level house yesterday; 1700 of it carpet; $269 Just carpet cleaning Berber.

.11 cent-o-ft for res
but big bucks for large com

rjfdube said:
Anything over 1500 sqft I charge $0.25 for cleaning only($2500). $0.40($4000) for protectant and cleaning using Scotch Guard with Teflon as recommended for warranty purpose.

you ain't fibbin' to us are you?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

..L.T.A.

Greenie said:
Annual sales divided by 2000 hrs = avg. you are worth per working hour. You decide your value.

Window washer, CC also do water damage, tile and grout cleaning so that shoots your calculation outta the water. Hourly rates are much higher with additional services....give a little get some back brother.

I would say prolly 60 percent of those 100 dollar jobs turn into a lot more than $100...Maybe I'm off but I'd say it might even be a little higher then 60 percent....

Name
Bruce
We ran a 3 room $98 no furniture moving special for March. We found that more people were adding protectant and adding extra's. It would not bother me one bit to run that special everyday.

Chris A

Name
Chris
meAt said:
rjfdube said:

.11 cent-o-ft for res
but big bucks for large com

rjfdube said:
Anything over 1500 sqft I charge $0.25 for cleaning only($2500). $0.40($4000) for protectant and cleaning using Scotch Guard with Teflon as recommended for warranty purpose.

you ain't fibbin' to us are you?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

..L.T.A.

Does sound a little backwards, don it?

CleanEvo

I've been charging $99 for 3 rooms and hall for a while now. I also do 5 rooms and hall for $149 (got that idea from Steve Lillard), works great. These prices do include pre-vac, but not furniture moving (although I'll usually move a couple of small things anyways).

Add protectant, some stairs, an extra room and you'll be in the $200 to $300 plus range quickly. 2-3 a day and you're in business.

It depends on where you live. Around here, most people won't pay more than that.

TimP

Not enough jobs around for me to clean at those prices.

Also the way I see it, around here ss charges 100 bucks min and does just what you're saying. Also in part of my turf SS min is 150 bucks. If they can get that much for a quick emulsifier rinse. I don't see why us cleaners can't get a bit more. I can't see charging Mikey rates everywhere. But everyone should at least have a higher price than SS.

Tim are normal drive to a job is 15 minutes, living in the country you have to charge that much different world here..you wouldnt make here for 100-150 min. SS min here is 65.00

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Terje,

I never cut my price even though I get asked occasionally if I have any deals. I never sale the price but the quality of my work. I don't usually even talk price unless the customers asks. I have a reputation of being fair , honest and doing great work and most people know that comes at a price. Most of my customers don't even ask the price until I'm done and then they just write a check. I live off referals so they already know what their friend paid. If a customers wants to talk price I get them off it and onto quality right away . The cheapest guy would always win the price war.

Gene

TimP

C Pennington said:
Tim are normal drive to a job is 15 minutes, living in the country you have to charge that much different world here..you wouldnt make here for 100-150 min. SS min here is 65.00

I have the same drive times as you, my competition has a longer drive times of course. Still at the rates I'm getting it's not like I'm making a killing for sure.

I can only see doing 3 rooms a hall for 100 bucks if I didn't move furniture or at the most very little, and didn't vacuum. But that's just me.

Everyone has different rates and different competition. Not to mention different living styles. Even at my slightly higher rates I don't make much because there are far less customers in my location. So if I charged less I'd just be cutting my own throat. One nice thing is that I don't have to work 5 days a week to make it.

Rex Tyus

Tim you better hope 3 people in the 32424 don't want that done on the same day or my ass will be down there emulsifying like a mofo. :twisted:

TimP

Rex Tyus said:
Tim you better hope 3 people in the 32424 don't want that done on the same day or my ass will be down there emulsifying like a mofo. :twisted:

If I didn't move furniture or vacuum. I'd still PS and rinse for the 100 bucks. But they are gonna have to ask for it cheaper to get the lower rate. And I'd only need one customer down here to do it.

Ernie G

Bottom line is different for everyone, especially based on where you live. I could not work at that rate, and still deliver a premium service even if I did all the work myself. The cost of living is to expensive on the left coast. Having said that, we have our share of 3RMS. for 99.00, and even less,SS is here and thats where they start. Some of you guys are probably doing fine at that rate because of your cost living, or because you are very effecient. Its really more important what it cost you in over head, and how many jobs you want to do in a day. A guy in one part of the country is considered high at 30 cents, and in another part of the its 60 cents. I don't care so much how many jobs we do in a given day, I care more about the profit margins. I'm sure alot of you guys put more hour's on your equip. then we do, but that does'nt always mean more profits. But to each his own.

TimP said:
C Pennington said:

I have the same drive times as you, my competition has a longer drive times of course. Still at the rates I'm getting it's not like I'm making a killing for sure.

I can only see doing 3 rooms a hall for 100 bucks if I didn't move furniture or at the most very little, and didn't vacuum. But that's just me.

Everyone has different rates and different competition. Not to mention different living styles. Even at my slightly higher rates I don't make much because there are far less customers in my location. So if I charged less I'd just be cutting my own throat. One nice thing is that I don't have to work 5 days a week to make it.

You have been brainwashed....one day you see what Im talking about. These boards are the wrong way to base your pricing, good luck.

ODIN said:
I like how they would rather sit at home with the truck parked in the drive way than lower them selves of their SFS perch

Shit get out there do the job in and around 1 hour or so but to do such would have to sacrifice quality to work at such a price and speed.

Hell if you do it right stop making a dozen trips back and forth to the truck and get your ducks in a row

the idea is that customer will tell others ?

I would rather do 4 100 dollar jobs than one for 400

4 more customers and more referrals

You don't have to be a fooken Howad Partrege to figure this out

Amen brother....

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I love the guys like ernie who say they can not make a living with those prices. That is crazy I had a few guys on the boards that I price shopped and came in about the same after claiming much higher prices.

If you can not make a living off 500-600 dollars a day off 1 truck your living too fat

G

Matt Murdock said:
I love the guys like ernie who say they can not make a living with those prices. That is crazy I had a few guys on the boards that I price shopped and came in about the same after claiming much higher prices.

If you can not make a living off 500-600 dollars a day off 1 truck your living too fat
most who talk high sqare footage price here are full of it,right Mike?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom