WHY DON'T YOU DO 3 ROOMS AND A HALL FOR 99 DOLLARS

Mikey P

Administrator
I would rather do 4 100 dollar jobs than one for 400

Have another drink Nord king.
You've lost your mind.

A 400 dollar job would take me two hours tops and leave room for 3 to 4 more jobs that day.

Four $100 jobs would take 6 or seven and just about ruin my day

Maybe if you went to charm school you wouldn't have to break your dick so hard.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
c_adkins said:
meAt said:
rjfdube said:
Wow due that bites!! Did a 2400 sqft single level house yesterday; 1700 of it carpet; $269 Just carpet cleaning Berber.

.11 cent-o-ft for res
but big bucks for large com

rjfdube said:
Anything over 1500 sqft I charge $0.25 for cleaning only($2500). $0.40($4000) for protectant and cleaning using Scotch Guard with Teflon as recommended for warranty purpose.

you ain't fibbin' to us are you?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

..L.T.A.

Does sound a little backwards, don it?

Still waiting for the answer???

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Odin wrote

4 more customers and more referrals

You don't have to be a fooken Howad Partrege to figure this out

Craziest post of the week.

Are you nuts my dear boy?
You almost made sense with the 4 referrals thing but oh hell no.
One big job kicks 4 small ones ass any day.

Brian Robison said:
Odin wrote

Your close but you still dont get it.

Matt Murdock said:
I love the guys like ernie who say they can not make a living with those prices. That is crazy I had a few guys on the boards that I price shopped and came in about the same after claiming much higher prices.

If you can not make a living off 500-600 dollars a day off 1 truck your living too fat

Thats what is called "ICS myth,bulltein board BS or more recent, Mikey Prices"(Odin approved lol)

Most guys are full of shheeet what they claim I remember guys were saying on ICS I get 400 for 5 rooms and hall with scotch...if you did, which I doubt you aint getting them back. If you charge my mom that much, Id find ya and whoop your ass.

TimP

I don't know why you guys are all in a hissy fit over this. Everyone has their own price structure. I charge slightly more but have to. I don't bring in 500 a day hardly ever. I'm actually happy with 1,000 a week. If I charged less I'd probably be around 8-900 a week. Most that call have no problems with my pricing. And I have decided once it got slow to not let a customer get away and match reasonable competitive pricing. Truth of the matter is when I was starting out and cheaper there were many jobs that just weren't worth it at the lower price I was charging.

3 rooms and a hall for 100 bucks is reasonable in my book for only Traffic lanes no furniture and vacuuming. I can make money like that. And Probably most could. But many choose not to. It's their choice and if they can't make it they will lower their price if they need to. Competition has the most to do with price. Either that they are lower to bring you down, or that they do a lousy job and you become worth more. It's up to you as an owner to decide what you're worth and to know your market.

Panama and Tallahassee are very competitive markets. And I couldn't drive to either one for competitive rates. Also on the concept of having 1 400 job vs 4 100 buck jobs. While having more customers and a possibility for more referalls is nice. The actual profit on the 1 job is greater and I'd rather have it for the short term because I don't have to drive all over town and unpack and pack the truck back up 4 times vs 1. That's just me, I'd say there are positives and negatives to both ways. So everyone can have a pissing match debating that but nobody will win. Why not do both????

Rex Tyus

I would rather perform 1 $400 service than 4 for $100. However I would rather have 4 CLIENTS that requested a $100 than 1 CUSTOMER that requested a $400.

This one is for Jimmy :mrgreen:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Brian Robison said:
Odin wrote

consider this;

If they're brand new first time custys, I think 4 one hunnert buck jobs has potentially more value than one 4 hun'rt.

bee-cuzz...It gets you in the door to strut your stuff and make cheerleaders out of 4 peeps instead of just one.
(potentially more referrals)
also, If they love you and your work, the next order they book in 6 months to a year, might be 4, $400 hunnert bone jobs.

AND....how many times has what started out as minimum orders, turned into much larger orders?
Either that day, or the following week/month when you sold her on upl or tile & grout, or what ever

see what I'm sayin'?

..L.T.A.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
If you guys were in the Metro Detoit area you'd be out of buisness. No way we can charge those kind of prices up here I only charge $60 for 3 rooms that includes moving the furniture. Even the biggest Co. up here Hagopian has dropped their prices to $99.95 for 4 rooms. Must be nice living in FL or Cali but those prices ain't going to fly up here.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
ODIN said:
ever notice that on ICS or really any carpet cleaning BB cleaner always start out with ( I'm a high end carpet cleaner)

no one cleans apartments or works for management companies or MM ( maintenance mafias ) or slum lords

Apparently 99% of the people on this blog are High end Carpet cleaners.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I charge whats i need to...houses avg $25 a room, a little furniture, maybe a vac if needed

Comm I am around .12....unless of course i do the math, and decide A. thats to much they wont pay, or B. thats to little I need more...

If its a level playing field IE not trying to beat someone out, i will land 3 out of every 4

That job I babbled about, took 3 hrs this included Vac... $210, so $70 an hr for while i was there, slightly under my Per hr WANT, but i still made money.. And no i dont figure Drive time into it..you would have to drive to a 9-5 job wouldnt ya?? and you dont get paid for it. Buti keep track of MILEAGE into my costs.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
ODIN said:
ever notice that on ICS or really any carpet cleaning BB cleaner always start out with ( I'm a high end carpet cleaner)

no one cleans apartments or works for management companies or MM ( maintenance mafias ) or slum lords

LMAO! Thats all we take care of Odin. Slummed out trashed nasty rat holes that most others wont touch because they dont make $5.75 a SQFT.

I would say 90% of our business falls in to that.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Larry B said:
ODIN said:

LMAO! Thats all we take care of Odin. Slummed out trashed nasty rat holes that most others wont touch because they dont make $5.75 a SQFT.

I would say 90% of our business falls in to that.

A fellow rat hole cleaner :lol:

duckster

I find that if I keep the prices low but not too low I get 50% tips. So, by giving good service I make the right amount for me. No truckmount, just doing VLM and everyone I take care of likes it. My overhead is low enough to make this strategy affordable for me. And no more sweating and straining for me. But like they say, whatever floats your boat. I am just saying this works for me, not that I have the one size fits all solution.

Moser Bros.

I don't cause even the property managers pay my $120 minimum, so it wouldn't be fair to charge my residential clients less. I make more per hour on the vacent homes at .30 cents a sqft then my .45 cents residental rate.

I have to build report with my residential clients, take time to do a walk through, time for a pre-inspection, time to close the job, time for a follow up call, time to send a thank you card, time to send a postcard every month, feed and provide for my girlfriend so she can answer the phone etc...

I used to work for a bait and switch company that had a $59 2 room and hall, $99 4 and hall special, and I had to upsell, prespray for .20cents and foot, scotchguard etc.. I brought the company in $130,000 one year with a $120 job average and I had no life, worked 50 hours a week and even if I was all my money and I paid his advertising bill then I'd still only make a lousy $60,000 after expenses with decepsive advertising.

I'd rather sit home then do that again, work at McDonald's if you want low paying job, I cost a lot to live so why work yourself and your equipment into the ground for low paying customers that will just find the next cheaper sucker to clean their whole house for $60 next time, I'm too old for that S(%*.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
This is all Hypothetical

A $400.00 could suck and turn into nothing
And you could do a $100.00 for Donald Trump and be set for life once he loves you.

It's the one situation and not what comes from it.

Work and money wise...1 $400.00 job is better than a 4 $100.00 job because you will work less (driving, tearing down, setting up etc) and make more money (less gas, time, wear and tear etc.)

That's it, end of arguement...How can you deny that?

Yea, if you want to get into all the different things then there is no right answer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom