Why is a cheap, weak suck ass truckmount considered..

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I blame the salesman and the manufacturer making these machines look like they can perform

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I believe The Vortex had a lot to do with the both of us building our businesses @Mikey P.

It compensated a lot and Cleaned faster and better than the machines we are using now.
It also impressed the clients and struck fear into the competition.

The cleaning with the 370 TM takes more time and decreased the number of jobs a perfectionist can clean in a day.
But the smaller setup helps with the parking issue in my area.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The new guy in the business doesn’t know the difference between a 33 blower and a 408

Yet the manufacturers do. And they’ll sell more of those tiny machines and advertise that max cfm rating that isn’t possible with a 2” hose and they’ll market that 230f heat with that 2flow wand at 300psi

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Be
a entry level or a starter machine, when its never a more important time to perform as best as possible?

In your first few years, when your skill set is low, wouldn't it be wise to have a machine that compensates?
cause it's all someone just entering the field can afford. Blame the manufacturers for catering to the ignorant. A lot of guys start in the business with a cheap ass portable, then realize there are better portables out there. Then they find out about truck mounts but don't know the difference between a 33 blower and shinola so they pony up the cash or lease their first entry level unit. Then they start getting jobs with long hose runs and realize their cheap ass truck mount doesn't have the power to do the job and they find out that there are bigger, more powerful truck mounts out there. Then they discover vlm and are back to square one.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
entry level is defined as "cheap weakazz suck"??

never ran a 36 blower, so I can't say they're a "weakazz" suck.

is that what you're calling "weakazz"?

..L.T.A.
A 36 blower on a well made machine can do a decent job up to maybe 150 feet. Unless you have propane or diesel heat, you will struggle with it.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Another Reason industry remains dysfunctional.
That should be included in the Carpet Course.
Time to make a true cleaning school...
Covering all areas above an issues related to marketing,, etc...

hogjowl

Idiot™
The people who have been successful enough to have the practical knowledge necessary to successfully teach the full spectrum of topics needed to duplicate their success aren’t inclined to share their time with a bunch of broke minded carpet cleaners like us.

Reactions: Numero Uno

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I have empathy for the manufacturers. They have a difficult clientele to please.. Too many Arrogant yet poorly trained broke Dick carpet cleaners

Reactions: Numero Uno

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Oh yeah, keep feeling sorry for the tex companies who sell that 16hp truckmount 🥺. They have it so rough

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
I blame carpet cleaners for being stupid
They would not be a stupid carpet cleaner until after they have purchased the machine and cleaned some carpet. So their stupidity came from some where else, some prior occupation. So don't sell yourself short.

• Haha
Reactions: hogjowl
Name
Nate W.
Rotovac has had success with selling the "entry level" portable package.. Yes it does work, but you can get faster results with a TM.. Most all manufactures sell the "sizzle" not the steak.. Once you buy, you've already been sold..

I can't fault another man's hustle.. The same with cleaners who do package pricing.. You can't sell a more through clean, just can just do add-ons.. Speaking from an ethical viewpoint.. Some charge for rotary extraction, some just give a crb/wand and call it clean, others only have a wand..

I can't sell a cleaner clean.. It basically comes down to how much time is a lotted & done in a reasonable amount of time and trying to be profitable without over-charging..

So back to manufactures who sell "weak-ass" TM's, every market has it's entry points.. Being able to steer a "newbie" cleaner in the right direction BEFORE the purchase is what should be talked about.. They are only spending what they think they can afford..

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
A 36 blower on a well made machine can do a decent job up to maybe 150 feet. Unless you have propane or diesel heat, you will struggle with it.
That's the truth. I downsized from a Roots 45 23 HP machine to a Suterbilt 36 19HP machine and because the TCS with the 36 isn't bogged down with a heat exchanger, it has way more suction.

At 52 years old I'm not going to be swinging the wand like a madman all day so it's all I need for residential carpet and upholstery and an occasional bathroom floor.

I do a 250" run twice a year and it's plenty. Mrs. Pilf doesn't care how big your blower is. Just know how to use your machine. Even if you start out with a portable, you can get great results, just takes a little longer.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I cant tell the difference at the wand between a HM 318 and HM 423, my 36 fuel burner "feels" it has more than both?

getting 575 installed in couple weeks as was underwhelmed by the 423, time will tell..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
who sell that 16hp truckmount

18 and 20HP were the common "mid range" TM's 30 years ago.
going by blower and pump HP spec'd needs, they're fine.
The reason for bigger and more, is as much about HX'er fire more than anything when talking #4 blowers

"cheap" I understand...That's inferior components and backyard engineering

I'd still like someone to clarify what makes a TM a "weakazz suck"?
Bane would certainly qualify, but any 36 and up blower spooled up to capacity ain't buttcheeze

would a "new jock" do better with Matt or Damon's outfit?
I don't know how unless they're doing 25-30+ jobs a week.
otherwise, they could fook-up chit faster in the first few years is about all I see

If a start up can't figure out how to blossom with a Rage, Legend GT, Boxer, 370, or any of the "entry" level name brands, they're too stoopit to be in the biz

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
18 and 20HP were the common "mid range" TM's 30 years ago.
going by blower and pump HP spec'd needs, they're fine.
The reason for bigger and more, is as much about HX'er fire more than anything when talking #4 blowers

"cheap" I understand...That's inferior components and backyard engineering

I'd still like someone to clarify what makes a TM a "weakazz suck"?
Bane would certainly qualify, but any 36 and up blower spooled up to capacity ain't buttcheeze

would a "new jock" do better with Matt or Damon's outfit?
I don't know how unless they're doing 25-30+ jobs a week.
otherwise, they could fook-up chit faster in the first few years is about all I see

If a start up can't figure out how to blossom with a Rage, Legend GT, Boxer, 370, or any of the "entry" level name brands, they're too stoopit to be in the biz

..L.T.A.
Those are great machines to start with or if you don't do commercial they should be all you ever need.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

sassyotto

Name
Paul
its just part of most new businesses. They dont look at efficiency, they look at how much they are spending. CFM and blower sizes are foreign unless you have been doing it for some time.

I started with a portable before I bought my first TM. A Bane no less.

It takes time to learn. But then again we didnt have the internet where we could leap light years in knowledge.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Agreed. Rage would be fine if you didn't do any water extraction. Most homes all you need is 125 feet hose. It's not high heat but use good chemicals, agitation, dwell time and you're golden. 😉
A rage has more power than it looks. 200+ ft easy. That 36 blower is tuned in good with that size motor. And it produces good heat as well for that size. It reminds me of the older prochem legends

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom