why is this mb'er selling his 870ss?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Ok so it's a convince hose to add heat to pre spray mixing and such but at the end of jobs use it to cool the machine off..

I got ya. Same as the butler and Judson.

I was getting nervous lol

So if you guys had to pick 2 things you don't like about your sapphires what would it be.

I was considering jumping from a 570 to a 870 but it sounds like that's way over kill

I'm also looking at the Everest 650

It's going in a extended gmc 1ton

Thanks

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
So the hose on the ground dumps 165 plus degree water when needed instead of dumping it into the waste tank..hmmm not sure I like that if I'm understanding it right

you don't want to shut your machines down with the water temp above 160....it just not good for them...so just drop a hose on the ground and let some cool water circulate threw it to cool it down....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim, that's the same way I cool mine down as well. My machine is usually at 300 degrees by the time I get out there to turn it off.

heat is never a problem with these machines......all the heat you need with out propane or anything else.....high flow wand or a high flow Hoss....it has no problems maintaining its temps..........

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
This is in no way a pro video, I work alone. I had been running for a hour on medium speed.

[video=youtube;46juBSIN-iQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46juBSIN-iQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UU3w37oiD_tHJyt4_UwErBYw[/video]

Reactions: Jerry

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Why cool the machine down when ending a job? Maybe if its 275-300 but typically mine is 230-240 and never had any ill effects. Its always ready to go for the next job.

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
Yes it is Richard, I keep my foot on the courtesy hose until the water cools down.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
This is in no way a pro video, I work alone. I had been running for a hour on medium speed.

[video=youtube;46juBSIN-iQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46juBSIN-iQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UU3w37oiD_tHJyt4_UwErBYw[/video]

You seriously run a SIX flow wand with a beast of a machine like that? Why not something ike 10-15 flow?

I run 10 or 20 flow on a 5 jet greenhorn with a roots 45 blower. And still get great dry times...

Reactions: Cleantechsk

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Yes it is Richard, I keep my foot on the courtesy hose until the water cools down.

yep...because if for some reason it flips back and hits your shoe.....your mind can not tell your ass to get that shoe and sock off fast enough.......

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
Yes I do... I run "Purified RO/DI water" I really have found no need to go back up to 12-18 flow... Besides I found 850-1,000 psi to be the "sweet spot". I know my dry times would be ok... Just don't.
I do a lot more than just carpet's... tile/ stone/ pressure wash w/ heated water...
I wanted a machine capable of everything I manage to get myself into... ;)

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
Why not? I like livin' on the edge, Mikey... And no I am not overwetting... not causing blooming... or jet streaks.

Done right, there is no better way to clean... (of course I am sure I am going to take some flak for saying so.)
Obviously this ONLY done with certain * 's like 4td, tweaked manifold. (shear)
High flow OR high pressure.. Each has it's place IMO

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom