Why the hell?

Becker

Name
Becker
Am I subscribed to every message I've ever posted in? I don't ever subscribe. Other then endless unsubscribing how do I cure this. The alerts are annoying.

Becker

Name
Becker
As Crowley what???????

I don't think he is interested in a carpet cleaning forum anymore.

Turned off the option to push alerts, however I can't understand why all of a sudden I'm subscribed to every topic.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Could this be your issue?

Preferences.jpg

Reactions: FredC

Becker

Name
Becker
Thanks. Could be. However. Up till recent forum changes and updates I was never subscribed to anything. Now I am everything. I did not screw with settings. I'll log in via desk too and take a look.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Probably just that the new software is set to + receive notifications as it's default setting for that preference, as opposed to being turned off

Common practice.

I was getting them also until I changed the settings.

Becker

Name
Becker
You call this a tantrum?
I guess it is my problem your site is flawed.

I assume settings being automatically changed is an attempt to create more traffic. Post volume must be down.

Last edited:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
The choices are to have it off by default and make those who want notification turn it on, or vice versa. I would imagine most want to be notified if a thread they have participated in has new posts, so having it on by default creates the least amount of work for the most users. Sorry Don.....

Reactions: Mikey P

Becker

Name
Becker
Really. Some users what to be notified of any activity on any topic they posted in? Ugh. Not me.

Last month I was subscribed to zero topics. Today some how I'm subscribed to every topic I ever posted in.

Oh well. I just shut off all notification. Let's see if that fixes it.

Name
Nate W.

I wear skinny jeans, and I'm ashamed to call you my friend........ I even stopped working out because I couldn't fit my skinny jeans anymore....... :arrrr:

Becker

Name
Becker
I know. I've been trying to get though to apple all day while mixing it up here. Freaking phone.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I wear skinny jeans, and I'm ashamed to call you my friend........ I even stopped working out because I couldn't fit my skinny jeans anymore....... :arrrr:
LOL we will be there in 7 hours :) want to go out to dinner Sunday night after Lora's bike ride? Our treat :)

Name
Nate W.

Lol! Sure, sounds like a plan... I'll wear my skinny jeans too! :rockon:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom