Why use wood floors?

Name
Richard R. Christian
These are the floors that the colonial people used in cabins. Granted it was a Cadillac of a floor in 1785. But now we have carpet. Why in the hell are people going backwards? All you need to do is to get a good vacuum and you have sound deadening carpet rather than noisy hardwood. This is only the 1st item in a long list of carpet virtues. Anybody else feel the same way?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Polyester. Trend of a period, and the mills dropped the ball. I lost part of an account that replaced all the suites with laminate. Cheaper and no more nasty carpets. I still do the common areas so I asked the manager how the floors were working. They weren't. Usually up for replacement in 3 to 5 years, noise complaintgs, swelling......but they're cheap. The carpet they pulled were lasting 10 to 15 years.

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
He'd be my first choice as a cleaner for hire. Nobody vacuumed as throughly as he did.

maybe while away at work.
otherwise, it would drive me nutz when he takes 6 hours to clean 700sf

He is teaching the youngins on FB how you can see each individual grain of sand enter the dustcup of an amway vac

OCD support group

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I believe he is, just anal about vacuuming. As a client I want someone that's going to take their time, caring more about thoroughness than profit.
I had finished going N-S and was Just starting the E-W passes when the old man hollers “Ellie! We hired the right guy!”

Like there was any doubt.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Yeah, but you REALLY have to over sell the vacuuming so they won’t notice the porty
I just explain that it is non-polluting and quieter than your truckmount. Then I toil away wishing I had a truckmount, which I would explain is worth the fumes and noise just to get me out of the house before supper.

Name
Jeff T
Nobody appreciates vacuuming any more than I do, but I don’t think my wife would tolerate him in our home.
Huh? I believe my wife gets your vacuum fetish...
I spent another 595$ this week on a new vac....
Bought a new Proteam 15”
We’ve got a boatload of VLM coming up.
We are also needing a new vac for HWE...
I tried to get her on the Shark train of thought.
After she was hands on, she decided on a Proteam...

Name
Lee Stockwell
I just explain that it is non-polluting and quieter than your truckmount. Then I toil away wishing I had a truckmount, which I would explain is worth the fumes and noise just to get me out of the house before supper.
How much COAL is burned to power that porty per hour?

Tom Forsythe

I like home furnishings that last and have a classic look. Granite countertops, hardwood floors, wool oriental rugs, and leather furniture. I also can clean these myself and make believe that I am a cleaner for a few days of the year. I have given Proteam vacuums to my kids, and have used one for almost 15 years. I also like to do all of the vacuuming. Did I cover all of the topics?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I like home furnishings that last and have a classic look. Granite countertops, hardwood floors, wool oriental rugs, and leather furniture. I also can clean these myself and make believe that I am a cleaner for a few days of the year. I have given Proteam vacuums to my kids, and have used one for almost 15 years. I also like to do all of the vacuuming. Did I cover all of the topics?
Good. Come over to my place and I promise ecstasy.

Reactions: Tom Forsythe

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom