and here's one of my typical customers.
Knock him.
Make his day.

750x1000_6688_Man_of_mafia_3d_portrait_mafia_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Got the whole lovely software developer, part time hipster, BB gun toting look in that scene.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I had a bad experience once plugging into the outlet on the electric range. It had a quirky internal fuse, and belonged to a unbalanced lady. Willy I noticed you said you moved that cord after the pic was made.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
No Lee I usually run the single vac motor off the stove. I have 15 amp fuses in both styles in the van so that's not an issue.I like to use the GFI in the bathroom for the heater and the kitchen wall plug for the vac/pump combo. I've got how to power this so down pat and systematized I rarely have to look at the breaker box. It's also a bit more with the kleenrite heater/warrior combo as the heater eats 2 outlets. It's just how you set it all up. My set ups /tear downs don't take long because I've worked at making it easy.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I don't think I would ever be able to consider my venture into carpet cleaning "complete" without ever owning a truckmount at some point.

When exactly that will be is an unknown at this point.

Truth being, given my market, even if I had a truckmount at the moment, the opportunities to use it are so few and far between that it would make no sense to be driving around with it on a daily basis.

Quite simply, my immediate area lacks the "sprawl" required to efficiently stage, set-up and responsibly operate van mounted equipment often enough residentially.

My first set-up was a hybrid portable "ETM" type designed to run from my van as well as remotely as a porty, and rarely was I able to run it from my vehicle without a logistical problems.

Drove around for a year with a generator, a heater, and an overly complicated set-up that was never used.

When the time comes that I am able to venture further into the suburbs, and expand my commercial work, a truckmount will be warranted, but the facts remain, my BREAD AND BUTTER will always be in porty work.

As my dear friend Richard C. always likes to say..."A portable can clean just as good as a truckmount.....It just takes more time."

T Stewart.jpeg

Last edited:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
And a few shots of the job this morning. Did a phone quote-ldh and 2 br tl's Just over 550sf. Quoted 175, lady was so happy, she gave me a $50 tip.:biggrin: Needs a restretch, but I don't do that anymore. No scrub as my scrubber was left behind loading in the van right now.

015_zpsaxhm32fb.jpg

014_zpsvw8cd1xu.jpg

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
My 1st porty was an old ghwood 60 psi with 1 3 stage vac. Using that with an old powerbrush, I used to take work away from guys with tm,s. It,s not the equipment that counts, it's the cleaner. I have tm's and porty's and the tm's are a lot more expensive to run. Main advantage of tm is doing large jobs quicker. Not all porty's are equal

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its just takes more effort to get equal results.
A great cleaner CAN get good results.

However a good cleaner can only deliver average results and an average cleaner (the majority of porty users) are performing Malpractice. They are the fookers giving the industry a black eye.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Lee Stockwell
Its just takes more effort to get equal results.
A great cleaner CAN get good results.

However a good cleaner can only deliver average results and an average cleaner (the majority of porty users) are performing Malpractice. They are the fookers giving the industry a black eye.
To be fair, a TM also allows a poor cleaner to commit malpractice more quickly.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
For my situation, TM's and Cimex suit me well in my area. I'm
cleaning an 8th floor office Saturday, TM only. Half hour setup then let her rip!

Maybe we should be asking now.......WWSD? (What Would Saiger Do)?

Actually I have been to Vancouver BC....

I took my High School band there in 1986....we took the "Via Rail" Train all the way from Winnipeg Manitoba to there and back...

Pretty cool trip. :biggrin:

We were at the 1986 Worlds Fair...

Showed up at an entrance, it was the opening day....and we were like "where are all the people?" :confusedd:

They led us a little further into the park....cement was still wet in a bunch of areas and tied off....

Then Boom....Big fence and a LOT of people... :eekk: :dejection:

Nobody told us we were the opening act to greet everyone as they came in :eekk:

This was with our Marching Band at the time, but we were also in a big Competition so we had Concert Bands, Jazz Bands, the Marching Band....

It was wild trip of activities for us, but beautiful city

Also, Princess Diana had just been married and Prince Charles and Diana showed up too...

Memorable! :headbang:

Willy P

Name
Willy P

Too bad I wasn't able to give you a tour. There's some cool stuff to see and do off the tourist trap routes. If you ever make it back up this way, book a day with Willytours.com.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom