Why would one ever retire?

Mikey P

Administrator
When you can take a phone call at 1PM and be at a brand new home at 3PM, seal a dozen granite counters, 4 bath room floors and 3 shower stalls for $1000?
Only one floor needed more than a dust mopping and I used about $60 in sealer.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
When you can take a phone call at 1PM and be at a brand new home at 3PM, seal a dozen granite counters, 4 bath room floors and 3 shower stalls for $1000?
If it was the norm it would be great

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Yeah, why would I retire?
20220617_144629.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD
F

FB7777

No matter when or if I fully hang up the daily involvement , I will always hold on to a Butler unit

for personal use my trucks are equipped with so many useful tools

and it’s a cinch to pick a grand or two frivolous spending cash

Mikey P

Administrator
The truth to the matter is, if you’re not Grinding any longer, you can be retired. That should be the goal. Not being at someone else’s beckon call and being able to do what you want is retirement.
Ive felt "retired" from grinding and hassles since moving to NV 8 years ago.

Most every day feels like vacation.

Paula asked me to go to Kauai in August.

sounds like a hassle..

F

FB7777

That’s humorous to me. Growing up in a family of miners, farmers and steel workers, I see working for myself as being free.
I had a daily Boston Globe route starting at 14 and kept it until I could get hired at the local Supermarket that had a Union

my dad was thrilled and thought I had a bright future in management after college

for 6 years in hindsight, that was the worst job I ever had . Promotions based on longevity and upward mobility reliant on company expansion and attrition.

Freedom is owning the power to allocate your own time with your own best interests in mind

despite the setbacks, aggravation, and disappointments along the way it beats the living shit out of parking behind a retail building for 40 years and staring at a clock until you’re allowed to leave

when discussions about retirement arise on weekends with some friends, I like to ask “ so how much time you got left?”

to the month, most know their release date

sounds like prison to me

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Paula asked me to go to Kauai in August.
sounds like a hassle..
I'm sure Paula considers you a hassle as well-- so She deserves to be treated to such a vacation.
However, IDK if the Meth problem is as high in Kauai as in other islands-- SO don't leave any valuables in the car when you park.

Maybe check this out while there:

Reactions: Mikey P
F

FB7777

I'm sure Paula considers you a hassle as well-- so She deserves to be treated to such a vacation.
However, IDK if the Meth problem is as high in Kauai as in other islands-- SO don't leave any valuables in the car when you park.

Maybe check this out while there:
Those situations are prevalent in many coastal high Real Estate markets, especially resort communities

on our way to ZipLining in Oahu 3 years ago we had to travel from Honolulu to the North coast of Oahu and went through a massive tent city

• Sad
Reactions: Papa John

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I've been to Kauai 5 times. I love it there. But ever since they ruined the parking situation at Tunnels beach I have no desire to go back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom