Why you should give a commercial route some tought

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
1) Less bosses. I really had less relationships that I needed to manage.
2) Predictable cash flow. Once you have the account you generally keep it for a few years.
3) Predictable work schedule. Eventually you settle into a routine. And that routine can be working less for the same $!
4) Higher return on your marketing dollar. The tickets are generally larger and they repeat much more frequently.
From 1 customer in residential I generated about $200 in sales per service call and about $110 on verage per customer per year. In comercial my average ticket was around $600 with an average of just over $3000 per customer per year. Do the math...
5)Higher average ticket. The average purchase is usually for a lot more $ in the commercial market.
6) Higher production rates & higher dollars per hour.
7) Less nasty stuff to deal with. No dog pee or petrified doggie doo under the sofa. It seems that all the really hard work and difficult spotting was in homes rather than businesses.
8) Less stuff to move. You rarely have to move a sofaon a commetrcial jobsite. Generally its just a few chairs and the occasional trash can.
9)You can pick your customers much easier. Target your marketing to the people you actually want to work for so you can do the work you want to do.
10) PROFITABILTY. You get to keep a lot more of the $ you earn. Lower operation costs, higher production and other favorable inputs just make most commercial jobs more profitable.

That said, feel free to check out : http://encapstore.com/BusinessResources.html for some free downloads. Theres a pretty good pricing spread sheet, some marketing materials, service agreements, customer needs analysis forms and some other stuff to help you get into the commercial market. It's completely free and doesn't even ask for your email address so you won't get a ton of spam. Also, the forms are all in MS Word so you can customize them easily to fit your needs and make any changes you see fit.

On a side note remember that a little commercial work can be a bit of a pain but, a lot can be a gold mine.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I would like to add to your list that commercial work is usualy lower risk. I would trust my assistant to go clean a pizza hut by him self before I would send him to certain residentials on his own

Reactions: Jeremy

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
The fact that I no longer clean carpets for a living doesn't make me inherently wrong. :winky:

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
LOL I'd expect nothing less, Marty. I'm just glad you weren't complaining about the length of that post...

Ron K

I'm just glad you weren't complaining about the length of that post...

Give him a chance!

Jeremy that Microfibre bonnet worked really well for that CGD only problem was my 175 was working really hard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom