Wickback from hell!!

hey, I'm always trying to learn.

have any of you guys bought and used the new studebaker 40mph fans? they stand on stubby legs and shoot straight down? Jondon tells me they really, really dry a room but I'd like to hear from the guys in the field.

I carry two of the dry air clean force yellow ones on my truck with two ss stands for the stairs and maybe a room or two.

they work okay but not wonderbaah. I'm kindofa eq. junky.

what do you boys say?

]]Visit my blog, "the carpet cleaner's crocodile." It's chock full of incredible stories about carpet cleaners and life.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
frankiechocolate said:
hey, I'm always trying to learn.

have any of you guys bought and used the new studebaker 40mph fans? they stand on stubby legs and shoot straight down? Jondon tells me they really, really dry a room but I'd like to hear from the guys in the field.

I carry two of the dry air clean force yellow ones on my truck with two ss stands for the stairs and maybe a room or two.

they work okay but not wonderbaah. I'm kindofa eq. junky.

what do you boys say?

]]Visit my blog, "the carpet cleaner's crocodile." It's chock full of incredible stories about carpet cleaners and life.

The Air Path from Dri Eaz that Tim owns is the new fan you speak of.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
pre-vac
pre-spot
pre-spray
pre-scrub
extract/rinse(acid to prevent browning)
post spot
apply light topical encap
post pad with a cotton pad
force dry

Try this on berbers, works very well.

tim

Steven, I always thought all those steps were overkill, and until this job, it was. I did all the steps you described except I encapped too heavily and used a tuway and it needed a well wrung cotton pad. I also pulled the fans when the carpet still had a little moisture. Definitely pays to be patient.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
HOST applied to those areas that wick will stop them as the contaminant will wick to the sponge, not the fiber.
Why work so hard?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Tim, you can post pad with dry cottons just after you have cleaned before air paths in most cases. Espcially if you mist a little encap juice before you post pad. We do this alot on some houses when we suspect what you are talking about and on a lot of oriental rugs that need just that little extra touch before sending them back.

tim

I dont think I have a local source for host sponges. Would a poultice like Stain Absorb work the same way? I will try the dry pads, I worried they would be a little aggressive without being damp. I hope I dont come across another one but I guess if you clean long enough, it's inevitable. Thanks for all the tips, I think I have a better strategy for next time!

steve r

had a commecial grade on concrete where a guy use to cut up apples and left them in piles in the same spot for years. i used releasit after flushing it first and then used brown out on the third try with cotton bonnets which i used with the releasit also.finally got it to stop wicking.

i love a challenge.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom