Will encapsulation work on micro organisms?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Do the encapsulation solutions have any effect on or encapsulate and neutralize Bacteria,Virus,Odor Molecules,Mold or Mildew?
Has their been any qualifiable research on this?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Really?

I think it's a long term health hazard being that the polymers will become airborne over time and injested into the human body.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Mardie said:
Do the encapsulation solutions have any effect on or encapsulate and neutralize Bacteria,Virus,Odor Molecules,Mold or Mildew?

If there has been such research, none have been shown to meet the requisite US EPA regulations that would permit such claims, as of yet. In order to protect the public from misinformation and unsubstantiated claims of efficacy, any and all products, services, or methods of disinfection/sanitization,etc. of inanimate surfaces must undergo a registration process in order to have claims validated prior to any commerce in the application of such. Furthermore, the claims must be accompanied by carefully worded instruction on how to perform the method or service that would yield the prescribed effectiveness for an enumerated task.

Odor is a different story. It is certainly reasonable that if the product claims removal of non-pathogenic odor source material, regulation is not required. But I don't see much in the way of specifics on encapsulation marketing. There are certainly generalities that abound that most encap products will afford a decrease in offending soils that contribute to odor.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Shawn Forsythe said:
Mardie said:

If there has been such research, none have been shown to meet the requisite US EPA regulations that would permit such claims, as of yet. In order to protect the public from misinformation and unsubstantiated claims of efficacy, any and all products, services, or methods of disinfection/sanitization,etc. of inanimate surfaces must undergo a registration process in order to have claims validated prior to any commerce in the application of such. Furthermore, the claims must be accompanied by carefully worded instruction on how to perform the method or service that would yield the prescribed effectiveness for an enumerated task.

Odor is a different story. It is certainly reasonable that if the product claims removal of non-pathogenic odor source material, regulation is not required. But I don't see much in the way of specifics on encapsulation marketing. There are certainly generalities that abound that most encap products will afford a decrease in offending soils that contribute to odor.
Most truthful claims that are made are not claimed to be absolute or 100%.
Thanks

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
No method, even very, very hot water - kills/removes all pathogens. Carpet is a porous surface and as such cannot be completely pathogen free. You can reduce the pathogen load, chemically and physically, the effectiveness of this would depend upon the chemistry involved, its application, temperature on the fibers and dwell time, and the thoroughness of the operator.

Take care,
Lisa

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Makes 'em angry.

Faith-based cleaning requires no proofs.

!gotcha!

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
The Great Oz said:
Makes 'em angry.

[quote:ujc35h5t]Has their been any qualifiable research on this?

!gotcha![/quote:ujc35h5t]
Nothing faith based here. It is just a question.
So you don't know?

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Hopefully Jim Bethel will chime in here, I know he's been working on a few products for a number of years that combine some of the best of the encapsulation products with some of the best of the Australian anti microbials type products specific for health care facilities.

I remember him talking to me about 4 years ago before it went to market, then I also remember a flyer coming through. I haven't heard much of it in recent times so it'd be interesting to see if it ever got off the ground or not.

Don't quote me on this, but I think it was a blend of Rob Goldsworthy's products and Ricky G's Releasit range.

It's not a type of cleaning that I'm involved with, so I never looked further, but for someone heavily involved in medical/dental practice scheduled cleanings and or hospital/health care facilities, I think it had some amazingly high test results.

John

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Vacuuming=blowby exhaust=airborne=into HVAC system=into your lungs.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
billyeadon said:
Tandus (Collins & Aikman) has been selling a product (Syon 5) for a few years that helps retard microorganisms.

then links didn't work, Bill

but is that a compatible additive/booster mixed in an off the shelf encapoo/bonnet juice, or a stand alone antimicrobial bonnet juice?

thanks

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mardie said:
The Great Oz said:
Makes 'em angry.

[quote:9irnw2jn]Has their been any qualifiable research on this?

!gotcha!
Nothing faith based here. It is just a question.
So you don't know?[/quote:9irnw2jn]

you don't understand Mr O'Haleck, Mardie.
The dude's a VERY sharp cat and knows most answers .
He also owns/runs a hi-end multi-truck outfit .
but under that professional, proper demeanor exterior....
he likes to turn up his collar and do burn outs in the school parking lot like the rest of us rabble rousing broke d1cks here..... :lol:

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mardie just think of how much teflon in already in your blood from those coated fry pans.

And think of all that powdered polymer that is left on the carpet and every time you step on it,it forms a small plume of pixie dust that goes all thru a house.

Underneath a vacuum a dust cloud is made that spits out microscopic debris like the shampoo residue that contains polymer.

And think about all of those cimex , bonnet cleaners and OP users who use that deadly polymer laden shampoos.

Especially in a home.....with a baby crawling on the floor....their future possibly involving a illness traced right back at years of ingesting polymer dust from encap SHAMPOOs.

Not to mention commercial properties getting all of that pixie dust sucked thru out a building and sickening everyone over time.

Viruses piggybacked onto small bits of polymer floating everywhere.

Then some scientist traces all the airborne sickness back to a carpet cleaner who uses SHAMPOO.

:shock:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Jimmy L said:
And think about all of those cimex , bonnet cleaners and OP users who use that deadly polymer laden shampoos.

"deadly polymer laden shampoos"

Really Ladwig? LOL - you get more and more creative all the time.

Charles Dickens was a creative guy too. He was also an opium addict. What are you on?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
John Middleton said:
Hopefully Jim Bethel will chime in here, I know he's been working on a few products for a number of years that combine some of the best of the encapsulation products with some of the best of the Australian anti microbials type products specific for health care facilities.

I remember him talking to me about 4 years ago before it went to market, then I also remember a flyer coming through. I haven't heard much of it in recent times so it'd be interesting to see if it ever got off the ground or not.

Don't quote me on this, but I think it was a blend of Rob Goldsworthy's products and Ricky G's Releasit range.

It's not a type of cleaning that I'm involved with, so I never looked further, but for someone heavily involved in medical/dental practice scheduled cleanings and or hospital/health care facilities, I think it had some amazingly high test results.

John

Sorry John,

Here is the press release:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Stephanie Styles, Tandus
Director, Marketing Communications
800.241.4902 x 2037
sstyles@tandus.com
C&A’S SYON-5 CLEANING SYSTEM EARNS CRI SEAL OF APPROVAL
DALTON, Ga. (February 2005) – C&A Floorcoverings, a Tandus company, is pleased to announce that its
Syon-5 cleaning system for commercial soft-surface floor coverings has earned the Seal of Approval for spot
removers from the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI), signifying that it effectively removes even the some of the
most difficult stains without any damage to the carpet. The CRI Seal of Approval is awarded to carpet
cleaning products that pass stringent tests administered by an independent, accredited laboratory.
Syon-5, a patented Australian tea tree oil solution, offers a powerful system that eliminates a number of
environmental and cleaning issues specific to flooring. Engineered for use on C&A’s Powerbond RS® softsurface
flooring, Syon-5 not only cleans and sanitizes, but also eliminates the odors caused by moisture and
spills. Its powerful, environmentally sensitive formula neutralizes the human and bacterial enzymes that
cause odor, lifting them from the source and preventing bacteria regeneration.
“When consumers see the CRI Seal of Approval on Syon-5, they can trust that it will do the job they expect,“
said Ridley Kinsey, General Manager, Healthcare Markets, for Tandus. “We are pleased that the carpet
industry is distinguishing truly effective stain removal products from ones that don’t even clean as well as
water.”
The Carpet and Rug Institute developed the Seal of Approval program along with Professional Testing
Laboratory, Inc., both based in Dalton, Ga.
“Conventional carpet and VCT flooring allow urine and other spills to penetrate their surfaces and seams,
seeping into the concrete subfloor and creating potentially unremovable bacteria and odors,” said Kinsey.
“Powerbond’s unique vinyl backing creates an impermeable moisture barrier, keeping spills on the surface
and providing another means of infection control.”
“Not all carpet cleaning products are created equal,” said Werner Braun, CRI President. “Some products do
a poor job of stain removal. In addition, some can adversely affect the color, appearance and performance
of a carpet or rug. The goal of the Seal of Approval program is to recognize superior spot removers and to
encourage other manufacturers to upgrade their products so they will pass our tests."
- more -
Seal of Approval Testing Methods
Three trained, independent technicians used industry-standard performance ratings to rate the efficiency of
Syon-5’s stain removal. Plain water was used on an additional sample of stained carpet as a control. Tests
were conducted to evaluate the product for:
· Efficacy - the ability to remove stains
· Resoiling - whether the product attracts soil at an accelerated rate
· pH - excessively acid or alkaline products can affect dyes and fibers
· Optical Brighteners - can adversely affect color, appearance and performance
· Colorfastness to light - residues on pile yarn can accelerate color change
The CRI Seal of Approval program sets test methods and performance criteria for two categories of cleaning
products: spot removers and pre-spray/in-tank cleaning solutions. These products may be used in
residential, commercial or institutional settings. In 2005, the third phase of the program will be launched for
the testing of extraction equipment and cleaning systems.
How Syon-5 Works
Most shampoos and spotters leave behind unrecovered residue and particulates that attract and hold dirt,
but SYON-5 sprays on easily and dries 100% crystalline in a matter of minutes. When applied with an
agitation device, Syon-5 is forced deep into the carpet where it can dislodge contaminants attached to the
fibers. Engineered to trap dirt and bacteria in its miniscule crystals, Syon-5 suspends contaminants as a
crystal until they can be removed by vacuuming or through water extraction.
Because the solution dries so quickly, the cleaned area is out of service for only minutes. Cleaning
professionals can immediately vacuum the crystals, which are undetectable to the naked eye, or wait until a
more convenient time. In the past, extraction was a time-consuming and cumbersome necessity. Now, the
crystallization process makes vacuuming an interim step, allowing extraction to be used less often.
ABOUT C&A FLOORCOVERINGS
C&A manufactures high-performance modular tile and six-foot structured back carpeting. A recognized leader in
environmental stewardship and the first and only manufacturer to make 100% recycled-content vinyl backing,
C&A is one of few manufacturers with a carpet reclamation and recycling program in place. The company’s
Sustainable Warranty guarantees that all carpet returned will be recycled in its entirety and that no portion will
be landfilled, incinerated (waste to energy) or disposed of in any other way. More information can be found
online at www.cafloorcoverings.com.
As part of Tandus, C&A works in tandem with Crossley Carpet Mills and Monterey Carpets to provide
customized interiors solutions for its customers. Based in Dalton, Ga., Tandus is a leading manufacturer of
commercial floor coverings.
###

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Why RIcKy I've been smoking that encrap TEa TrEE Oil thru my crack pipe .......just like you!

:shock:

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Well now that everyone has had their say: It depends on the formula of the cleaning agent and which micro-organism is in question. Many mold remediation products work on the same principle as encapsulation shmapoos (coating unwanted particles) in order to keep mold spores from growing... Does that mean it will kill h1n1? Not necessarily...

Microban has a product called clean carpet sanitizer has worked well for me in the past... I don't remember if was a disinfectant or just a mold killer... Get a gallon & check the label.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom