Windex bottle...best sprayer so far

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Maybe I'm just getting lucky but the hand Windex sprayer I've been using for a few weeks is still working.

I've ran acid, hp, solvent protector and so far so good. It's possible that other sprayers with strong chemicals may work as good.

I've bought all kinds of sprayers and they fail fairly fast, even the 7 dollar one that comes with the grey bottle.

Bob Foster

Good to know. It's a pet peeve of mine too. My best sprayer is over 4 years old and I can't even remember where I found it. It was one from a Subway. It works like new and has had all kinds of chemicals through it.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I save all my..windex..armorial..or just about any other type of sprayer that I use..even if I only get a few uses out of them I was going to throw them away with the bottle any way....

postaldave

Ive found great sprayers quart bottles, Home Depot or Dixiline has them $3.50 each. Zep Spray Bottles ,there the best and keep on working. Postaldave

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
There are two types of trigger sprayers on the market.

The standard material trigger sprayer, which will not last with our cleaners.

The chemical-resistant trigger sprayer (available from two manufacturers).

One manufacturer uses a white spray tip for identification.

The other manufacturer uses all-grey body for ID.

We carry them both of the chem-resistant types:

http://ccs5.com/zen/index.php?main_...ch_in_description=1&keyword=resistant+trigger

Larry

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Must be something with the way sprayers that are sold with chemicals are designed. You figure they are made to hold the chemical and spray even months later.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Albert Lazo said:
Maybe I'm just getting lucky but the hand Windex sprayer I've been using for a few weeks is still working.

I've ran acid, hp, solvent protector and so far so good. It's possible that other sprayers with strong chemicals may work as good.

I've bought all kinds of sprayers and they fail fairly fast, even the 7 dollar one that comes with the grey bottle.

I agree....all of the spray bottles that I have tried just plain .....suck. The grey ones, the frosty ones with both regular and chem triggers. I will have to try the Windex bottles.

I keep a handful of triggers in the van so that I always have a replacement.

FranH

We use Wd40 for shining stainless steal and the sprayers always die. Now we just take the sprayer out and put a broken one back on without the stem so there is no confusion. We have been using this bottle for about a year and a half this way. Just give the sprayer a few sprays when you take it out. By the way the bottom of the bottle is the gray one from depot and the top is a windex sprayer.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
go to ace hardware
they sell these quart pump up sprayers
9 bucks they last for a long time

F

FB7777

Purple power or castrol superclean trigger sprayers last for months. Walmart sells the 32oz filled bottles for under $4

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom