Windsor iCapsol Mini

Greenie

Everyone always talks about how much better they scrub with some weight behind em' So havin the strap on spray may not be a bad idea, but I would think swinging that additional weight would be felt in the arms.

Greg Loe

That makes since Greenie, too light for good scrubbing. hard on arms if you're pressing down

Name
Jesse
We have several of the rombus ( the last model) they work good for res, not heavy enough for commercial. They are expensive to repair. we have to replace the gears and bearings every year. I've spent 4600 on a single repair bill for new paper gears, and a couple bearings. I just purchased a new crb and it wasn't that one.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
belt-driven, weighs a little over 50 pounds, heavier than a GLS or the like...and the introductory price is/was sick...$1250 :shock:

want a real onboard sprayer? i say wait 6 months and see what happens...

thanx --- Derek.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Went to an on site commercial property where Jim Bennet and I saw a demo of it.

I kept quiet about the demo and talked to Jim later about it.

Its too light to dig down deep enough .
No side brush available yet for edging.

The only thing I could see of value of it was a residential scrubber.
It wouldn't be as fragile as the GLS so you could whip it in and out of the truck with no problems.

Its made for the janitorial crowd where employees need something they can't fook up as easily.

The demo also used the Icap juice.

I have a gallon of it and my drying tests showed a hard slick residue that is GLUED down on the bottom of my glass dish.A screw driver had to be used to get any sort of residue to break off.

You can have it.

I could have had the new demo machine for $1100.

The salesman was pushy just like a used car salesman.

I wouldn't mind having one to scrub in prespray but as far as a encap/SHAMPOOER ...the GLS is a better machine.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Info on the iCapsol Mini

To answer a few questions/comments above...

Since the iCapsol is being compared to the GLS I'll start there. We had sold the Austrian scrubbers (same as the GLS) for a couple of years, so I'm pretty familiar with them. We called 'em PileMasters. The Austrian scrubbers are nice machines that do a decent job. However the iCapsol's are better in a couple of key areas.

The iCapsol Mini weighs 52 pounds (roughly 10 pounds more than a GLS). The iCapsol has sufficient weight to really dig in and scrub. Side by side comparing on commercial cut pile carpet shows that the iCapsol scrubs deeper and lifts the pile a little more.

The Austrian machines, in fact ALL the cylindrical machines, use plastic/nylon gears. The iCapsol has 2 cogged/tooth belts that drive the brushes (1 left and 1 right). So the iCapsol should require less maintenance.

Speaking of the construction. The iCapsol is ALL METAL. Don't let the ABS plastic motor cover fool you. That's just a decorative cover. Under the cover is a solid cast metal deck. The switch handle is cast metal. The lower handle is aluminum. The transport wheels extend from the back of the cast metal deck. In other words, it is rock solid construction from top to bottom.

Regarding arm fatigue. There isn't any! The way I like to run the iCapsol is incredibly easy. I just lean the curved handle against my fat belly and walk the machine forward. It's essentially hands free since I'm just resting it against my stomach. My right hand is free to work the sprayer.

Using a pump sprayer on the iCapsol is a piece of cake. Any 2 gallon sprayer can be used. The photo of me running the iCapsol on the website shows me with a $19 Round-Up sprayer from Home Depot. The sprayer can be pumped up while it's on the handle and it is easy to spray it as you walk with the machine.

For the money I can't think of any other scrubber that delivers this much scrubbing performance for such a reasonable price tag. At several hundred bucks less than an Austrian scrubber it's a steal. I could easily see this machine taking over the CBM market. In fact this machine is one of the primary reasons why we pursued becoming a Windsor distributor. It was kind of a no-brainer. :)

The Preacher

the weight of the CRB scrubbers has more to do with the PSI of the over all brush size, not just the down weight on the machine itself???

i'm gonna give it a good look at Connections (encapfest) and make a decision on one if Rick will let me run it for a day or two on some of my regular monthly accounts. i won't buy just from running it a few minutes in a hotel conference room!!!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
how is it too light but weighs more? if the brushes are the same size as the GLS then there must be more weight per-sq-inch on the carpet no.?.

talking with Mike Ellis, a Century 400/Windsor/Karcher rep at a local CAD show about the Icapsol "Mini", i pointed out their throwing the word "Mini" into the name was not wise from a marketing point of view IMO. what guy wants a mini anything? are they targeting house wives :?:

thanx --- Derek.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Hey Derek,

They're calling it the iCapsol "Mini" because they also sell the iCapsol iChariot riding scrubber, and that sucker is a monster...

http://www.windsorind.com/Chariot_iCapsol.htm

irenew_beauty255.jpg

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
well that makes sense Rick.

still think they should have given it a diff name altogether then :p

thanx --- Derek.

JohnnyV

How long will the brushes hold up? I need something easy to carry in and out to prescrub residential. Right now I don't have the funds, but a CRB is on my wish list.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
JohnnyV I was told there are different types of brushes coming.

The machine also had a tendency to skitter across the carpet.
At least on cgd carpet it really didn't dig down very much like you would from a GLS. It has brushes that reminded me of the RotoWash which are shorter in length and stubby VS the longer bristles for a GLS.

Gave the impression of being too light.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Hi Debbie,

Pardon me if what I said is not correct. Are you saying that the Host machines are not gear driven? I was under the impression that they are. I used to own a Host machine, many moons ago, and I thought I remembered it being gear driven.

When I think of the cylindrical brush "ENCAP" scrubbers, I typically think of machines such as the GLS, the Brush and Clean machines, the Rombus machines, the machines built by Orbitec, the Truvox built machines, etc. All of those machines are gear driven. At this point, the iCapsol Mini is the only ENCAP cylindrical machine that I'm aware of that is not gear driven.

On the other hand, I generally think of Host as a "DRY PARTICLE" scrubber, since that is what it was designed to be used for. And I was was kind of thinking that the Host machine runs on gears too. If the Host machine is not gear driven then I will be happy to be corrected :)

G

I would just like to add a couple of words here if you don't mind;

Bull Shit.

thanks.

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
Orbitec has been making a belt driven cbm for at least a couple of years now.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
that's what JB uses.

Ron, you got a link to where they can be ordered / looked at?

thanx --- Derek.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I bought mine for 449CDN plus taxes from a local vacuum store.
All Victoria Vacuums Ltd - 250-595-2622
1400 Hillside Avenue, Victoria, BC V8T 2B7

I Googled "sebo duo brush machine"

Heres a few links
http://www.allbrands.com/products/abp08863-1073.html

http://www.davesvac.com/sebo-vacuum-cleaners.html
go down the page a little, this site has some specs on it.

http://www.achooallergy.com/sebo-duo.asp

http://www.sebocanada.ca/duo.htm
Pretty cool. They made an attachment where two can be run side by side!

Detailed Specifications
Brush speed: 400 rpm
Brush motor: 1200 Watts, 1.8 Amps
Width: 14 inches
Height: 4-11/16 inches
120 VAC 50-60 Hz
Cord length: 40 feet
Body weight: 11 lbs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom