WINTER - Supplemental Income

Willy P

Name
Willy P
rotorob said:
There is no slow season for me anymore, if I am not cleaning rugs, I am hard at work at the local nuclear plant for 40-60 hours a week. It is great to be diversified.

Is your boss Monty Burns?

R

rotorob

No, google Bruce Power. We supply over 20% of the power consumption of Ontario.,

John Watson

Been thinkin bout that,,,
On the way to Jack in the Box for Helens Coffee an chicken pieces.

Saw a young lady on the corner with a sign today,

Homeless, pregnant (5 mo) Hungerie,
Need Gas Money
Anything will help. God bless.

We went through the drive thru and then parked in the back lot to eat. I could see the young lady at the intersection workin the traffic.
She did walk behind a few parked cars to have a ciggarette, and talk on her cell phone the whole time and just before we left she got in this little Honda or the type that have those coffee can mufflers that came and picked her up.

While I was watching (15-20 min) 6-7 people in cars gave her what looked like folding money how much? I don't know.

doing a quick figure at least $7 possibly more, if that was avg heck thats better than $20 an hr and no taxes..

Guess were going to Value village to get Helen a new winter coat an I got some cardboard in the garage an go find a lurcrative corner for our slow days. Since I don't trust all those Kooks out there I keep watch from the shadows and that way she can come warm up now and again.... Next spring before the work picks up again I can do belly dancing and wear that Statchue of Liberty costume for the tax pepoil...

Becker

Name
Becker
Yeah, I feel Helen calls more shots than you would like to admit John.

Get that coat triple x in size so it will fit the person standing on the corner.

Good luck!

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
rotorob said:
There is no slow season for me anymore, if I am not cleaning rugs, I am hard at work at the local nuclear plant for 40-60 hours a week. It is great to be diversified.

You're not diversified. dude. You're a part time carpet cleaner.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I started plowing snow last year for one of my apt. complexes and a couple of small lots in the same neighborhood. I bought the plow for my driveway and my elderly neighbors and figured I might as well do some commercial so picked up a few jobs. Around here when you clean carpet in the winter you have to shovel sidewalks before you can bring hose in. F that. I'd rather be in a warm truck.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
n22904562_30457931_9037.jpg

Any gueses?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doug Cox said:
rotorob said:

:lol:

R

rotorob

I understood the topic heading to be WINTER supplemental income. Some of you guys can read anything into anything.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I hunt and ice fish so I dont have to buy as many groceries... I also do mostly commercial work and pre-schedule things in the winter months so as to insulate my checking acct as much as possible from the cold.

I also make holiday lawn decorations out of plywood, Christmas lights & paint and sell them... For $60 a set... Plus my side job as my wife's Personal Gigalo. Nothing like cash under the table. lol

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Doug Cox said:
rotorob said:

Please show me where I read anything into anything.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
You didn't realize that out of the 40-60s on the dole he is sleeping 32-40 so that is sleep time Beeatch and he works fulltime when not on tax/tax fed dime..Don't hate the player, hate the game

CDRX

During the slow winter months I send out monthly my best special offers of the year to my clients. I let them know that this is my slow season and these will be my best deals of the year so they are motivated to take advantage. It gets us through.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
It's a perfect time to go create more alliances with other businesses for referrals - and if you have a strong database of existing clients you can endorse those companies to your list, if they have more winter-friendly services, and get 10% of any sales. That's even better than adding new services, because you don't have to "work" you can simply leverage the list you've built and the rapport you have with them.

Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom