With the thermoplastic or parflex hose, should I increase the flow on my wand?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Steel braided hose doesn't "give" like thermoplastic, thus gives crisp ON or OFF action.

Thermoplastic has a slight "balloon" effect that increases the action you noted at the beginning of this thread.

Add to that the fact that you likely DO have more retained heat at the trigger.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Steel braided hose doesn't "give" like thermoplastic, thus gives crisp ON or OFF action.

Thermoplastic has a slight "balloon" effect that increases the action you noted at the beginning of this thread.

Add to that the fact that you likely DO have more retained heat at the trigger.
Yeah, I’m still loving this hose. The benefits outweigh the negatives. I loved my v800, but I don’t mind switching over to a soft touch.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt;

It looks like a restriction in the wand.

Could be a filter or a clog in a line.
Nope, the soft touch valve fixed the problem. I had a clean filter, clean jets, new qd's. The V800 was the culprit. Because I tried to rebuild my old v800 before I bought a new one. So 2 different v800's told me that they don't like that hose.

I'm kinda glad this happened anyway. I used my v800 forever ago, and the soft touch is way more friendly and cheaper. I still love the thermoplastic hose. I'm glad this was the only problem

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Who on here uses a buffer hose to hook up their par flex or OEM thermoplastic hose? Meaning who doesn't hook up the hose directly to the truckmount?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Who on here uses a buffer hose to hook up their par Flex or OEM thermoplastic hose? Meaning who doesn't hook up the hose directly to the truckmount?

Yes, everyone should use a "buffer" or starter hose. For us/me I run 50' of steel braid then my parker. I've been told not to hook the thermoplastic directly to the truck. Too much heat. Even 25' would probably be fine. Now, if it's super short hose run occasional(once in a while) I will hook up right to the machine, just not often.

I've had my parker hose for over 5-6 years.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom