WM Pro 1200 in a diesel Van?

Kipp

Name
kip
Wrecked our van on the freeway due to a blow out...I'm scrambling to get a van ASAP and get the equipment moved over. Can I put a 2006 White Magic Pro 1200 in a 2008 Chevy Diesel 3500 extended?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I asked the local SS guy about diesel, and not happening with this place.. I would love to do it though..

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Lots of challenges with doing this quite honestly. The RPM controls on a diesel versus gas are different for beginners as well as the front end parts. Also towards the end of the white magic manufacturing era suppliers changed quite often so it's hard to predict what you might need. The easiest and safest thing to do is stick with a gas engine and same model as what you had

Kipp

Name
kip
Lots of challenges with doing this quite honestly. The RPM controls on a diesel versus gas are different for beginners as well as the front end parts. Also towards the end of the white magic manufacturing era suppliers changed quite often so it's hard to predict what you might need. The easiest and safest thing to do is stick with a gas engine and same model as what you had

It is a 2006 WM that was in a 1999 van, I want to at least match the van up as a 2006...shouldn't be any problems there right? It's amazing how hard it is to find a 1 ton extended van under 75k miles...

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
You got off amazingly unscathed Kipp. That could have been so bad. You should consider a brand new Express with warranty and a Sapphire front end kit to put your 1200 in. That would be the most problem-free setup possible. It would be 2020 before you would have to pay for repairs because that 1200 isn't going to give you any problems.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
No on diesel cargo vans. Yes on diesel isuzu NPR 99-04 direct fit with proper shaft kit.

Kipp

Name
kip
Good grief $3k plus to install in another van? Plus parts... This is going to be a process with insurance company I can already see it coming.

I bought another van today can't wait around. Got a CDS with salsa 2006 19k miles with 300 hours

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Good grief $3k plus to install in another van? Plus parts... This is going to be a process with insurance company I can already see it coming.

I bought another van today can't wait around. Got a CDS with salsa 2006 19k miles with 300 hours
3K sound pretty decent, not that I would want to pay it but its a lot of time involved. Plus you'll still need to pull the unit from the other van. It would be a job!

Hopefully your insurance covers it.

Congrats on the new truck! :icon_cool:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
did you check with National auto mart..they have a bunch of vans and fleet vehicles......

2947 west McDowell road
484-7055

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Glad to hear you were not hurt. The new van sounds good to me. Add the 3K on to the cost of the van minus what the
insurance give you and the payment should be pretty low and last forever

West

Name
Clint
If you have bought a new van, then this comment probably doesn't matter, but….Since White Magic is out of business, the only way I know of putting a Pro1200 in Chevrolet diesel is using a Cleanco front end kit/drive shaft (I believe they are the only ones who make one for the Duramax, not sure though). Diesels always run cooler, so working water temp will not be the same. The Vulcan will help if your WM had it. know a few company's that can accomplish this correctly. Glad to hear your back up and operational and no one got hurt. I have 4 Pro1200's and really like them, if the insurance company or you want to sell the 2006 WM let me know, who knows? I have transferred them to new vans many times. Might be a good opportunity for you to swap it out and have a back up van, or add another to your fleet too?

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom