Wonder how your prices compare?

Name
Evets
Check out Stanley Steemer's price list.
I played with the zip codes looking for differences in pricing for different areas,and found out my lil' ol' southern town of Athens,GA is higher priced than Santa Cruz California,Albany New York,Portland OR,or Dallas TX.
I checked using 1 bdrm,1 mbdrm,and 1 living room scenario. Most areas = $129.00 My area = $141.00
interesting.
http://www.stanleysteemer.com/Home.aspx#

How much do you charge,comparatively speaking?

I wonder if they think (know) that folks in Georgia have dirtier carpet than the folks in Santa Cruz do?
Maybe it's a redneck surcharge or something.
couldn't be,it was only $90.00 for Prattville,Alabama.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I used to hear old farts say, years ago, that they never checked their competitors prices, and I doubted they were telling the truth.

Now that I am an old fart, I see they weren't lying.

IDGAS

TimP

Where I work SS is 99-150 min and it is beyond me how they calculate room price. My area overlaps 2 different SS companies.

The only other real competitor I have is Rex and I price similar to him.

Anyways I haven't seen a yellow van in a while and every now and then I'll spot Rex.

diamond brian

$112 for my zip code.

For me, it depends on the house. A little 1100 sq ft house would run $95 or so going around the bedroom furniture. On up to $120 for a bigger house.

WANDMASTER3

.25-.35 cents a sqft. minimum charge of $75 20 miles within our shop past that its a $85 min charge. :wink:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Tell my boss that....thank god I don't have to put up with this for only a few more months...

Able 1

Name
Keith
116.00 Here.... and would pay only 105.00 to have it cleaned by myself. I think I'm at the point to decide if I want to raise my prices and continue to do it all myself or keep that price point and try to put more vans out there.. Idonno! Kind of what I'm struggling with myself. When I started my biz I thought that just having one van was unexceptable and I thought to be "successful" I would need to have at least 2 or 3. I think you can have yourself a real nice life running just one truck at a higher price point and alot less stressful to boot, but if I (personally) don't try... I'll kick myself!

matt sheppard

i work by myself and charge .40sf for vacants and $50 per room on occupieds. in my area im at the middle to high pricepoint. i used to have crews working for me but now i work alone and love it , its soooo much less stressful than before.

Able 1 said:
116.00 Here.... and would pay only 105.00 to have it cleaned by myself. I think I'm at the point to decide if I want to raise my prices and continue to do it all myself or keep that price point and try to put more vans out there.. Idonno! Kind of what I'm struggling with myself. When I started my biz I thought that just having one van was unexceptable and I thought to be "successful" I would need to have at least 2 or 3. I think you can have yourself a real nice life running just one truck at a higher price point and alot less stressful to boot, but if I (personally) don't try... I'll kick myself!

Keith I feel the same way as you. Instead of trying to put multiple trucks on the road and paying a lot of advertising to keep them running, just stay a one truck operation and maximize your profits. Get yourself a great helper that can clean solo when needed, but the helper's main priority should be to help you. When you get to the point where you are working overtime, get another truck and let your helper go out solo when needed. Basically don't rush to grow. Just keep your prices the same and grow through referrals. Eventually you will have several trucks on the road and a rock solid customer base. Your true income will grow much faster this way than doubling your prices. All that does is allow you to make the same profit doing a lot less work, but you will not grow as fast. Rich people appreciate great deals just as much as poor folk.

duckster

I don't see SS as competition. Anymore than Ruth Chris sees Sizzle as competition.

And it is true, old farts don't compare themselves to anyone else selling something similar to them. And most of us never did. Putting the blinders on makes it easy to stay the course and not be influenced by the thoughts and actions of others which just serve to detract anyone geared for success.

But that is me, and my way of thinking is not for everyone.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
not even close.

but i do like their $150 minimum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom