Wood Floor Cleaning Add On Service

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
I’ve checked out basic coatings for wood floor cleaning. It is informative but seems it’s focused on the dirt dragon.

Current tools I have is a 175, crb, and a squeegee wand. I like how the dragon works but is that good enough for wood floors that have sealer applied?

I would really want to take hands on training for this. I’ve even thought of purchasing a multiwash from powerflite.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
175 works great.. if you really want to go hard and have specialized equipment you can go to the bona school

Name
Swani
175's work great but a Lindhause, dirt dragon and multi wash are nice for engineered hardwood. They keep you from over wetting.

Reactions: LCCFL

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I just dropped that service. If you're not willing to apply a floor finish after you cleaned it, then the customer won't be happy. And to apply a floor finish...ALL the furniture has to be out of the room. Most of the customers aren't willing to move their china cabinets and their stupid heavy entertainment centers out for that, and neither should you. So, if you are gonna target empty houses only...go for it. If not, then leave hardwood cleaning to the housecleaning businesses.

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
I just dropped that service. If you're not willing to apply a floor finish after you cleaned it, then the customer won't be happy. And to apply a floor finish...ALL the furniture has to be out of the room. Most of the customers aren't willing to move their china cabinets and their stupid heavy entertainment centers out for that, and neither should you. So, if you are gonna target empty houses only...go for it. If not, then leave hardwood cleaning to the housecleaning businesses.
Makes a lot of sense. I’m sure many people are not willing to move their stuff.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
The best way to clean a “wood” floor is to cover it with new carpet. Or a new rug.

It is just a thorn in my side that people get all these different types of flooring and then they want a carpet cleaner to come back and save them.

I know this doesn’t answer your question but it is something that just bugs me. People should get floors that are made to be cleaned and repaired. Not something that is a one and done.

Reactions: LCCFL and BIG WOOD

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I mean really.! Maintenance free flooring only means that it’s going to look good for six months then it’s gonna look like shit and you just have to live with it. Maintenance free is where the homeowner or the business owner Doesn’t care what the floor looks like.

Reactions: LCCFL and BIG WOOD

steve_64

I use my tile wand and a flat mop. You can also mop on Murphy's to give it a fresh smell and look.

Easy money.

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
The best way to clean a “wood” floor is to cover it with new carpet. Or a new rug.

It is just a thorn in my side that people get all these different types of flooring and then they want a carpet cleaner to come back and save them.

I know this doesn’t answer your question but it is something that just bugs me. People should get floors that are made to be cleaned and repaired. Not something that is a one and done.
Very tough for people to understand that. Most think by going hardwood or tiles. That it will never have to be cleaned. And if they do clean it they wait 5-10 years after everything is damaged.

Reactions: Trip Moses

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
After my rant this morning I HWE’d four rooms of Pergo. Yes this customer signed a don’t call me release for when it puckers up like a two week scab. This was the tile in the same house. Tenants were evicted.

Mikey P

Administrator
All ya need

IMG_20190419_100159.jpg

Name
Evets
We bought a Lindhaus and love it. We wouldn't offer the service without it. Does a great job in a fraction of the time a 175 and mop does. Leaves the floor about 98% dry as you go.
I have about 1500 sq ft of Hardwood in my house that takes 3 -1/2 hours to properly sweep,mop, and apply a satin finish. Now we can do it in about 1-1/2 hours with better results.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom