Wood floors need a little pick me up

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
The guy wants to have his wood floors cleaned and buffed. Will the buffing do anything?.

Short of scratch and recoat what else is there?.

thanks,
Albert

-JB-

Name
JB
I used the Bridgepoint wood floor system on the hardwood in my new home before we moved in last week, I was ASTOUNDED with the overall look and ease of the job, I bought a "starter kit" from Pemberton's about 10 years ago i think!, an finally found a place to give it a trial, :roll: was very impressed with the final results, BUT as one might suspect is NOT the most durable floor finish, duh. Ivebeensold

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Are both of these scratch and coat?.

Any idea if just a burnisher will make an improvement after cleaning?. I was thinking using the op for the cleaning.

Albert

matt sheppard

wood solv and basic solutions are scratch and recoat, the BP system is more of a scrub and recoat with a water based poly. ive used the bp product and it works well as a maintenance product but wont fill in scratches. puts a pretty shine on the floor that u can buff to a high gloss if you want.

has anyone compared the woodsolv vs the basic solutions products? i would like to have a product that can fill the scratches (not gouges) in.
thx
matt

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Alot of the smaller scratches if they are in the coat only have the potential to come out with a buffing or atleast that is our experience. But we encorporate that into the actual cleaning by using a wood floor product like Bona, and then use either a 175 with poly pad or random orbit with towel. Then we go back over it after its dried and wipe up any dried residue.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
1102091108.jpg

1102091020.jpg

downsized_1102091020a.jpg

1023091240.jpg

1102091026.jpg

282.jpg

277.jpg

All of these are cleaned with a neutral cleaner & buffed with a microfiber or cotton pad..!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Albert,

"Take this for what is worth."

This is strictly my opinion...Not technically approved...! We approach wood & laminate floor cleaning from a "common sense" approach..! You are not cleaning product...You are cleaning the finish.

Once you remove the impurities from the finish...you can easily restore the "Shine"
by buffing the finish with a soft pad..! Most hard wood flooring have a FACTORY urethane finish. It is extremely durable...!

We personally do NOT perform the "Screen and Re-coat" procedure..The liability
involved & results are "IMO" not good investment for the client. "It is equivalent to having your vehicle (Re-painted) in a professional Body Shop or having it painted in someones garage..!

Almost all of our clients are asking to have their floors cleaned because of "fogging"
on the dull appearance. This is caused from poor maintance or improper cleaners..!!!
Thank GOD for the "InFoMeRcIaL"..90% of the problem is from the use of ORANGE-GLOW. Is is not easily rinsed & leaves a lot of residue that clouds the finish... :x

Many of the calls are also..because of pet scratches...They are easily removed in the cleaning process with a white polishing pad.. :wink: In severe scratches you can use 1200 "wet-sanding paper" to remove the scratch "

Remember you are working on basically a PAINTED surface...NOT WOOD... :!:

Ps..I do NOT recommend using any type of wood wax or polish ...on the NEWER wood flooring's. :!: Find out the manufacturer's "recommended" product...and use that."CYA"

joe harper

Name
joe harper
This cleint recieved 3 estimates...That his flooring "MUST"have a sreen & re-coat process... :roll:

He "Labored " over the decision for weeks...!!!

He was impressed with our company..&..was horrified by the apperance of the competitions employees that had given him estimated..!

I told him we would come & DEMO an area...then He could decide... 8)

This gentleman "LiGht-In-ThE-LoaFerS" wrote a GREAT review on Angies list for our company... :wink:

You Decide.....

PIC-03312.jpg

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Al said:
Thanks Harper, what speed is the buffer you use?

They are standard 175's...

I would not recommend a "high Speed" burnisher ...if you are not experienced...

If you will notice in the photo's...there is a white haze on the floor.. :!:

If you allow the Neutral detergent to haze..."very similar to waxing a car"

The impurities..are easier to remove with the DRY bonnets... :wink:

This way the bonnets...DO NOT..gum-up... :idea:

Ps Do small areas at a time...The same way you wax a car..roof,hood,trunk,
quarter panels etc....etc... :!: If you have ever put wax on an ENTIRE car &
then tried to remove it all at once.. :oops: You know what I mean.. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom