Wool Sisal wall to wall carpet cleaning

Walt

12602.jpg

I know Randy Hyde has cleaned some of this wall to wall with his Vortex. However this job isn't accessible by a TM. I'm concerned that my portable will just over wet this particular carpet. The maker recommends HOST.

How would you deal with it? Pet spots may exist.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I bought a bedroom of it about ten years ago. The tech's didn't recognize a problem (to be honest, when it came in, it would have got passed me too!) and cleaned as normal.

Cleaned great, but before they had even finished, it split at the family room and bed room seam. It also had pulled up the tack strip along a wall.

Expensive lesson! :(

I would not HWE, it can be done but too much moisture is a risk.

I would use some type of low moisture method. Host would be fine if it's not too soiled.

OP would be my first choice.

However you could Host it all and spot clean the pet areas with HWE as long as the pet problem is not too big an area.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Hey Walt, are you sure it's wool sisal?

Looks like genuine sisal to me from that pic.

If it is, I have successfully cleaned with ok results unless trashed using Releasit DS and a Cimex.

Possibly still best to stay within their guidelines to be safe though.

IF it is a wool sisal, there should be no issues using HWE even with a porty, so long as you use a lower pH product, pre scrub to get the best out of the clean, use an acid rinse in your tank and have air movers to speed dry if you're concerned about shrinkage etc.

John

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I see plenty of sisal wool rugs in this part of the country. Decorators love it. I have also seen plenty of companies try to hwe and shrink it. It rips off tack strips and will tear apart at the seam. Ph is important but the water is what will shrink it. How much it will shrink will depend on how wet you get it. I mist it with fabric prespray and just vacuum. In the areas that are dirty, which are rare for me, I hand scrub with a horse hair brush and vacuum. Works most of the time. I don't have any experience with the other methods. Be careful.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom