Working on different Van designs this is one finalist

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am having this tweaked a little with moving the phone number and listing services
newvand.jpg

Greg,

Are you doing this design yourself or is a sign shop doing this for you?

The second ones look much better, by far. The only suggestion I have is make the passenger side graphics slant upwards like the driver side. It's harder to read going in a downhill direction and gives a negative subliminal message to the reader.

Ahh..nevermind, I see that it's tying in with the stripes on the back.

Looks good. The designer did a nice job on that one. :) Nice and clean.

Phillip

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I like the second one. Its really nice, but it reminds me of a U-haul van that says rent this van for $19.99 a day. I would take the price off. 25 bucks is crazy cheap

A

amazingcleansc

CleanImage said:
Greg,

Are you doing this design yourself or is a sign shop doing this for you?

The second ones look much better, by far. The only suggestion I have is make the passenger side graphics slant upwards like the driver side. It's harder to read going in a downhill direction and gives a negative subliminal message to the reader.

Ahh..nevermind, I see that it's tying in with the stripes on the back.

Looks good. The designer did a nice job on that one. :) Nice and clean.

Phillip

I disagree. The first one will generate more phone AND internet traffic. It looks more distinctive, cleaner and does a better job of branding to me. That said, you are sacrificing listing services, but I think that 25dollarsroom.com thing is pretty cool. I would make the phone number bigger and just list one. It looks more memorable to me, so if someone sees it more than once, it will make an impression in their mind.

to me the second one looks too busy. and the colors remind me of bile/blood and mucous. And with all that busy stuff, like the X on the background and the 25dollarsroom.com on the stripe, will be really hard to read from far away, so to me its difficult to get someone to focus on what you want them to focus on. I like the design but I dont think it will work once its on the van with all those small letters.

They do both look awesome though.

Ryan

First one, the second one is photoshopped in a little better so it looks better at first, but when you get em on the vans I think the first one will get more calls.

The second one hurts the eyes a little.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Are there Nascar fans in MA? Oh, you're a carpet cleaner. In the split second I took to look at it I assumed you were some hillbilly Nascar driver.

Greg- I love the price on the van but would make it stand out even more. If you're gonna say it say it LOUD!

Bsides that I can't imagine what about either of them will appeal to a soccer mom.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am thinking "the xtreme genie" go all purple with a genie on it

A

amazingcleansc

Greg Crowley said:
I am thinking "the xtreme genie" go all purple with a genie on it

I saw where some butler vans were for sale in purple. I think the ad said Immaculately kept by professional owner/operator.

A

amazingcleansc

green/blue/white are all "clean" looking colors to people. That was something I was thinking about when I was looking at both of them.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken Snow said:
Are there Nascar fans in MA? Oh, you're a carpet cleaner. In the split second I took to look at it I assumed you were some hillbilly Nascar driver.

Greg- I love the price on the van but would make it stand out even more. If you're gonna say it say it LOUD!

Bsides that I can't imagine what about either of them will appeal to a soccer mom.

I concur...except for the price thing. :wink:

But If I had to choose, the first one is probably better because it's simple but the colors are just horrible.
Dude, who are you selling to you? Your buddies?
Stop it.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
First one is the most striking and clean or easy to read. The second one I find hard to see your company name because the letters are not all the same color. I don't think you want that.

I would not want a price on my van, but I may run a different type business.

Instead, Why not a slogan to match your company name. "Clean to the extreme" or 'The Cleanest Clean You've Ever Seen' or "When clean is not enough" or 'When Only The Best Will Do' or 'When only extremely clean will do' or 'Don't settle for less than Extremely Clean' or something of the like?

The first one is not a terrible design, but it's not a great one either. There are a lot of design no-nos in that layout. Sorry.

The second one was obviously done by a real professional.

Yellow with a black outline is not very eye catching or pleasing. You aren't targeting BillyBob the mechanic, your target market is Jane homeowner. The second is more appealing to your target audience.

That being said, there are still some things that could be done to make it even better. The color combo wouldn't be my first choice. But it will work as is.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Phillip has some good points in his above remark.

However, the second design is too cluttered.
Too many things happening in the same time. Confusing for the eye.

None of the points or message is clear.

So, keep working. Simplify. Clean it up.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I like the first one, but not sure if a women would... If you go with the second one, I'd move the yellow X on the pass. side like it is on the drivers.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
diffidently the first one..............very nice.clean looking and eye catching........you may even get walk ups...........

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, all joking aside. I would work on both of them to make it simple (first one) yet appealing to the eye.
Easy to read what you do and the number to call you.

You can take ideas from both.
Simple in the first one and a little more professional in the second.

Just work it out more, get girls opinions (not Lisa's :wink: ) and really I would put a picture of some sort on it as well....but it's not needed.

I can't say it enough...remember you audience. You are not it.

This has been a moment with Brian.

dgargan

I don't get the $25 per room on the van? Are your prices really that low? What if you have a price increase? What kind of customer will that attract?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
my favorite part of this is people keep criticizing me on my business plan it works for me

A

amazingcleansc

greg if that price+upsells is generating work for you, i say go for it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I asked my daughter, she likes the first one.

I prefer the first one simply from a readability point of view. I can read the Xtreme from a distance in both trucks but the "carpet cleaning" shows better in the first, plus your website shows better in the first. Nothing worse than spending all kinds of money on signage and no one can read it without it standing still for 5 minutes.
Different colours may make it more appealing to Mrs Housewife

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom